The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama Speech

3 posters

Go down

Obama Speech Empty Obama Speech

Post  Markwes Tue May 24, 2011 7:45 pm

I'm surprised no one has commented yet on Obama ticking off Israel, our only Mideast ally. Any thoughts?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Obama Speech Empty Re: Obama Speech

Post  Scooby01_98 Tue May 24, 2011 8:55 pm

I think Netanyahu schooled him with his rebuttal. Obama basically acted cowardly and said it in a speech 1000 miles away, while Netanyahu met him and basically said. Nope.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Tue May 31, 2011 2:56 pm

Maybe he's tired of blowing tyrants for the sake of stability... I think he's outlining his middle east policy he Will take into his second term, and is showiung what he should have show years ago: an ability to make tough decisions and articulate them.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Tue May 31, 2011 5:28 pm

Pez wrote:Maybe he's tired of blowing tyrants for the sake of stability... I think he's outlining his middle east policy he Will take into his second term, and is showiung what he should have show years ago: an ability to make tough decisions and articulate them.

Sure if throwing the only true democracy in the middle east under the bus. Luckly Israel doesn't need us as much as we need them.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Tue May 31, 2011 5:41 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:
Pez wrote:Maybe he's tired of blowing tyrants for the sake of stability... I think he's outlining his middle east policy he Will take into his second term, and is showiung what he should have show years ago: an ability to make tough decisions and articulate them.

Sure if throwing the only true democracy in the middle east under the bus. Luckly Israel doesn't need us as much as we need them.

Not sure that's throwing them under the bus. The 1967 borders have been the US policy since the Reagan administration. I do agree that Netanyahu's speech in congress was good, more in that it attacked Hamas in a blunt and straightforward way. Settlement is agression, as is a Hamas led government and Fatah's acceptance of Hamas. The clip I remember most from the speech was something to the effect that he had stood before his people and said that he would accept a palestinian state, and now it was time for them to say they would accept Israel.

How much do we need Israel? I think they need us more than we need them. Their economy wont support their military.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Tue May 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Pez wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:

Not sure that's throwing them under the bus. The 1967 borders have been the US policy since the Reagan administration. I do agree that Netanyahu's speech in congress was good, more in that it attacked Hamas in a blunt and straightforward way. Settlement is agression, as is a Hamas led government and Fatah's acceptance of Hamas. The clip I remember most from the speech was something to the effect that he had stood before his people and said that he would accept a palestinian state, and now it was time for them to say they would accept Israel.

How much do we need Israel? I think they need us more than we need them. Their economy wont support their military.

We need Israel to keep the middle east in check. Israel does the US dirty work. Nuclear facitity in Iraq. Taken care of. Nuclear facitlity in Syria. Taken care of. All for the price of discounted military hardware.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:26 am

Scooby01_98 wrote:We need Israel to keep the middle east in check. Israel does the US dirty work. Nuclear facitity in Iraq. Taken care of. Nuclear facitlity in Syria. Taken care of. All for the price of discounted military hardware.

Understand what you are saying, not sure how effective that policy is anymore.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down