The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colts Fan...how we lookin?

+2
Scooby01_98
Cincy Fan 44
6 posters

Go down

Colts Fan...how we lookin? Empty Colts Fan...how we lookin?

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:21 pm

Just wanted to note the Mighty Men of Marvin, aka the Cincinnati Bengals, have 2 more wins than the Colts do... Razz
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Colts Fan...how we lookin? Empty Re: Colts Fan...how we lookin?

Post  Scooby01_98 Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:30 pm

I have 1 prediction for the Colts. There #1 draft pick will be a quarterback to replace Manning in the future.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:15 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:I have 1 prediction for the Colts. There #1 draft pick will be a quarterback to replace Manning in the future.
I'm not so sure. The last 2 games they have played the Steelers and Bucs close. I know it's little consolation when they're 0 - 4, but I think they will get a few wins before the season is over.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:40 am

Scooby01_98 wrote:I have 1 prediction for the Colts. There #1 draft pick will be a quarterback to replace Manning in the future.

Could very well be. But the last 12 years overall has been absolutely amazing as a fan.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:51 am

All I am saying is it is a proven that they now have to think about Manning replacement. Manning has had a great career and will still be tops again once he is healed. Just that they need to start looking now to get a new one ready in the future. The current roster isn't getting it done.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:43 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:All I am saying is it is a proven that they now have to think about Manning replacement. Manning has had a great career and will still be tops again once he is healed. Just that they need to start looking now to get a new one ready in the future. The current roster isn't getting it done.

No doubt. I would say, if Peyton returns next year, he has 3 more years of solid play in him. They could get a replacement this year, then he would likely have to sit for 3 seasons. Personally, I'd rather have a rookie QB sit 1 or 2 seasons instead of 3. Of course, if Peyton is toast, and Mr. IrsayPolianCaldwell is blowing smoke, then that's a different story.

It's interesting though. If the Colts get the #1 pick this year, what do they do? Do they draft Luck and sit on him for 3 years? (If Peyton comes back next year) Or do the hold a public auction with about 28 teams willing to bid. There are some silly ideas being thrown about. Another team might be willing to give up a current QB on their roster, and the 1st, 3rd, and 5th round draft pick for 2012, and 1st, 3rd, and 5th round draft pick for 2013 for this years first pick. That's alot of quality players that could be added to a roster.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:16 am

IrishGuy wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:All I am saying is it is a proven that they now have to think about Manning replacement. Manning has had a great career and will still be tops again once he is healed. Just that they need to start looking now to get a new one ready in the future. The current roster isn't getting it done.

No doubt. I would say, if Peyton returns next year, he has 3 more years of solid play in him. They could get a replacement this year, then he would likely have to sit for 3 seasons. Personally, I'd rather have a rookie QB sit 1 or 2 seasons instead of 3. Of course, if Peyton is toast, and Mr. IrsayPolianCaldwell is blowing smoke, then that's a different story.

It's interesting though. If the Colts get the #1 pick this year, what do they do? Do they draft Luck and sit on him for 3 years? (If Peyton comes back next year) Or do the hold a public auction with about 28 teams willing to bid. There are some silly ideas being thrown about. Another team might be willing to give up a current QB on their roster, and the 1st, 3rd, and 5th round draft pick for 2012, and 1st, 3rd, and 5th round draft pick for 2013 for this years first pick. That's alot of quality players that could be added to a roster.

I like the make a deal option. Especially with the new rookie contract salary limits in place. Early rounds OL, DL, DBs... A solid team around a mediocre QB vs a mediocre (or less) team around a solid QB? I will take the solid team all day long. Building a defense around a QB has been a recipe for success, but has us very vulnerable if we cant pass the ball... which kills us in the playoffs.

How much more successful would Curtis Painter be if we could count on 120 rushing yards a game? He's no great QB, but he would likely be looked at as the next Matt Cassel.

I dont think the Colts will get the #1 pick, but they will get some much earlier ones than they have in the last several years. The colts drafted for need this year and if we hadnt lost Manning we would be a far superior team than we had been in the past.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:01 pm

3-2 Bengals vs. the winless Colts next Sunday...should the Bengals play with one arm tied behind their backs to give the Colts a chance? Razz
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:48 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:3-2 Bengals vs. the winless Colts next Sunday...should the Bengals play with one arm tied behind their backs to give the Colts a chance? Razz

We should make the Bengals play a rookie qb...oh wait.

The worst record is a real opportunity now. Vikings won yesterday. The only real challenger for the toilet bowl is the Dolphins, who are worse than the Colts. The Colts will win a game (or two) this year.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:44 am

Anyone ever figured out why we have "similar topics" at the bottom of the screen (that are hardly ever similar)? I copied the one I am seeing below. Normally I don't really care about it but this one I could really do without.