American Idol

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: American Idol

Post  Aggie Transplant on Wed May 14, 2008 11:42 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Fleek wrote:I caught what's his nuts singing "Don't Want To Miss A Thing" and thought it was ridiculously bad.
David Cook...and I agree with you. I've heard a lot better rendition of that song.

I agree it wasn't very good, but I think it was a poor choice of song to begin with. Cook didn't choose it -- the producers did.

Speaking of the producers -- they also chose "Longer" by Dan Fogelberg for Archuleta. That was an even worse song choice. The original song was pretty, but I'd wager that very few people know the song unless they're 40 or older. And Archie baby just didn't have the vocal chops for it.

The producers did a terrible job of choosing songs for the night.

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1124
Location : Houston, TX

Back to top Go down

Re: American Idol

Post  Guest on Wed May 14, 2008 11:49 am

I missed last night ... was at my Allen County for Obama meeting. I DVR'd the show, not sure if I will watch it or not ... probably will after work tonight. I think David Archuleta should go just because his dad is really annoying.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: American Idol

Post  Markwes on Wed May 14, 2008 12:21 pm

Bman wrote:I missed last night ... was at my Allen County for Obama meeting.
Has Jeremiah Wright been a guest speaker at any of these meetings?
avatar
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096
Age : 52
Location : asylum

Back to top Go down

Re: American Idol

Post  Guest on Wed May 14, 2008 1:48 pm

Markwes wrote:
Bman wrote:I missed last night ... was at my Allen County for Obama meeting.
Has Jeremiah Wright been a guest speaker at any of these meetings?

Oooh... burrrrrrnnnnn.... Rolling Eyes

Bush Hangs out with "I'm busy counting my blood money so go fu** yourself before I shoot you in the face" Cheney... I dont hear him getting any flak for it.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: American Idol

Post  Guest on Wed May 14, 2008 1:51 pm

I do find it amusing that the best dirt some have on Obama is that he once attended a whack job church.... Oh, and his rhymes with Osama, and his middle name is Hussein... Maybe "Barak [Saddam] Hussein Osama [bin Laden]" is the link between 9/11 and Iraq?
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: American Idol

Post  Markwes on Wed May 14, 2008 1:56 pm

I was just making a funny, since Bman always makes sure he gets his Obama endorsement in every topic. You've got to admit it's funnier than Bill Maher calling the Pope a leader of a child molestation ring.
avatar
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096
Age : 52
Location : asylum

Back to top Go down

Re: American Idol

Post  Guest on Wed May 14, 2008 2:07 pm

Markwes wrote:I was just making a funny, since Bman always makes sure he gets his Obama endorsement in every topic. You've got to admit it's funnier than Bill Maher calling the Pope a leader of a child molestation ring.

Oh I could make some comment here about how Jeremiah Wright has at least never broken the law but then that would inflame the resident catholics here.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: American Idol

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Wed May 14, 2008 2:12 pm

Bman wrote:
Markwes wrote:I was just making a funny, since Bman always makes sure he gets his Obama endorsement in every topic. You've got to admit it's funnier than Bill Maher calling the Pope a leader of a child molestation ring.

Oh I could make some comment here about how Jeremiah Wright has at least never broken the law but then that would inflame the resident catholics here.
Oh I'm sure he's at least capped a whitey's ass before...he's just never been caught. (I know, I know, that's wrong on so many levels. Just making light of the situation. Don't turn me into the ACLU!).

_________________
Life...what a great choice.
avatar
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852
Location : Wherever you can gird your loins

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Re: American Idol

Post  Scooby01_98 on Wed May 14, 2008 4:38 pm

Don't forget to buy your tickets for them at the Memorial coliseum this Saturday when they go on sale. Concert is 9/10/08.
avatar
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642
Location : The Fort

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Re: American Idol

Post  Aggie Transplant on Wed May 14, 2008 11:14 pm

Well, I thought Syesha had a chance. but apparently not. Between the three that were left, tonight gave the right result.

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1124
Location : Houston, TX

Back to top Go down

Re: American Idol

Post  Guest on Thu May 15, 2008 9:10 am

Aggie Transplant wrote:Well, I thought Syesha had a chance. but apparently not. Between the three that were left, tonight gave the right result.

I just don't like David Archuleta's dad, nor him now.

Rock on David Cook!
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: American Idol

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Thu May 15, 2008 9:36 am

So Bman...if Cook wins, I owe you lunch at Chipotle. Archuleta wins, you owe me, right? May the better David win!

_________________
Life...what a great choice.
avatar
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852
Location : Wherever you can gird your loins

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Re: American Idol

Post  Guest on Thu May 15, 2008 9:55 am

Damn, Chipotle sounds slammin right about now.

Yes, I know it's not even 9am. Don't judge.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: American Idol

Post  iberlingirl on Thu May 15, 2008 10:10 am

I don't really watch, but my daughter does... I am pulling for Cook, I like him better and I would hate to see Archuleta's dad benefit in any way b/c he is still considered a minor at 17 yrs old. His dad seems like a bon-a-fid JACKASS to me and I would not put it past him to "handle" his son's profits.
avatar
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

Re: American Idol

Post  Guest on Thu May 15, 2008 10:21 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:So Bman...if Cook wins, I owe you lunch at Chipotle. Archuleta wins, you owe me, right? May the better David win!

that is our bet!

I am tasting a steak burrito!!!!
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: American Idol

Post  Guest on Thu May 15, 2008 12:01 pm

By far the highlight of last night's show was Simon's slack-jawed gape of astonishment at Fantasia's...ummm... 'performance'.

WTF?
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: American Idol

Post  Guest on Thu May 15, 2008 2:08 pm

Oliver's Army wrote:By far the highlight of last night's show was Simon's slack-jawed gape of astonishment at Fantasia's...ummm... 'performance'.

WTF?

Was she strung out on coke or what?
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: American Idol

Post  Guest on Tue May 20, 2008 11:38 am

Cincy, when you buying me my steak burrito at Chipotle's? I bet that will be tastiest burrito I have ever EVER had there. Why? It will be free and paid for by a Bill Maher hater. lol
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: American Idol

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Wed May 21, 2008 9:45 am

Bman wrote:Cincy, when you buying me my steak burrito at Chipotle's? I bet that will be tastiest burrito I have ever EVER had there. Why? It will be free and paid for by a Bill Maher hater. lol
Really?!?! Looks to me that based on last night, the Arch man will be the winner tonight, unless you and your bill maher cronies called in 10,000 times apiece (but then, that would only be 20,000 votes!).

Seriously though, I thought Cook did the best last night. I don't know why the judges are so infatuated with Archuleta. Yes, he's a good singer, but for me, he has an "Annoying Factor" that is waaaaaaaaaaay higher than David Cook. Time will tell.

_________________
Life...what a great choice.
avatar
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852
Location : Wherever you can gird your loins

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Re: American Idol

Post  Guest on Wed May 21, 2008 9:51 am

I would be really surprised if DA doesn't win this. Even though I thought his version of 'Imagine' was disgustingly bad...
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: American Idol

Post  Guest on Wed May 21, 2008 9:52 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Seriously though, I thought Cook did the best last night.

Umm...were you watching the same American Idol that I was? I thought Cook ate a dick last night.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: American Idol

Post  Guest on Wed May 21, 2008 12:04 pm

Fleek wrote:I would be really surprised if DA doesn't win this. Even though I thought his version of 'Imagine' was disgustingly bad...

I tuned in for the last 2 mins of Idol last night, and heard the last 4 words of Imagine, and thought "seriously, was that John Lennon's Imagine" on American Idol? The whole point of that song makes in contradictory to everything that American Idol stands for...
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: American Idol

Post  Aggie Transplant on Wed May 21, 2008 12:09 pm

Although I'm rooting for Cook, I would bet that Archuleta will win. He was more consistent, and "won" the first two rounds.

I thought his version of Imagine was way too overdone this time. It's better kept simple.

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1124
Location : Houston, TX

Back to top Go down

Re: American Idol

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Wed May 21, 2008 12:13 pm

Fleek wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Seriously though, I thought Cook did the best last night.

Umm...were you watching the same American Idol that I was? I thought Cook ate a dick last night.
I must've had Paula's hearing...

_________________
Life...what a great choice.
avatar
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852
Location : Wherever you can gird your loins

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Re: American Idol

Post  Guest on Wed May 21, 2008 12:39 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Fleek wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Seriously though, I thought Cook did the best last night.

Umm...were you watching the same American Idol that I was? I thought Cook ate a dick last night.
I must've had Paula's hearing...

...or her dosage of Oxycontin.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: American Idol

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum