The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Playing Games

2 posters

Go down

Role Playing Games Empty Role Playing Games

Post  Guest Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:10 pm

Influenced by the thread on the "other" board I thought I would start up a thread.

Gary Gygax, the creator of Dungeons and Dragons, passed away recently.

Has anyone here played any of these games? I played quite a few when I was younger. AD&D, Star Wars RPG, RIFTS, Vampire: The Masquerade, etc... I dabbled in LARPing (live action role play) using Mind's Eye Theater's systems, but never really got into it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Role Playing Games Empty Role Playing ... huh?

Post  Guest Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:16 pm

When I saw the topic of this thread I thought it might need to be moved to a sex thread ... hehehehehe Ok ... I am an immature 42 year old!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Role Playing Games Empty Re: Role Playing Games

Post  Guest Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:28 pm

I played D&D, Gamma World and another TSR game called Star Frontiers or something like that... I played a ton, schlepping my Dungeon Master's guide, players handbook and 3-4 binders full of junk, the monster manual, fiend folio etc... When TSR revamped the game in the mid 80's I stopped.

I still play a lot of Magic: The Gathering with some buddies... I dont really consider it a true RPG tho... . They in turn still play D&D... I sat in and watched them play once, and their DM was spectacular, almost was like a fantasy novel unfolding in real time. I had my first child some weeks after that and was unable to continue, but it was great watching.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:32 pm

I played Magic for a while in high school. I never completely got into it though due to the costs involved. It was HUGE in my group of friends.

I've unloaded most of my RPG materials. I might still have an AD&D book laying around somewhere. I DO still have my large bag of dice somewhere. D4, D6, D8, D10, D20... one of my friends had a D100. It was interesting.

Man, when we played the Star Wars game, a lot of things were based on D6. We had to carry a scary amount of D6 around, to the point that one of my friends with a Jedi Knight ended up purchasing a bunch of mini-D6 since at times he had to roll like 27 D6 in one throw.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:26 pm

So people who really get into these games are they demon possessed? I am guessing that some might think this .... I bet an exerocism (sp?) would help those people.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:36 pm

Bman wrote:So people who really get into these games are they demon possessed? I am guessing that some might think this .... I bet an exerocism (sp?) would help those people.

You must've been reading the 'other' board Cool
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:08 pm

LOL I was cruisin' it. I also found it hilarious that ProveOut whoever that is said that this board did not have enough diversity! I found that freakin' hilarious!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:21 pm

Saw that, I think we were 'boring' also.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:43 pm

Back in the 70s or 80s the religious televangelists starting their crusade against RPG (role playing game) because they claimed it let people away from the church and to worship satan. Basically, a bunch of BS for nothing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:46 pm

Bman wrote:So people who really get into these games are they demon possessed? I am guessing that some might think this .... I bet an exerocism (sp?) would help those people.

cool! lotsa students for the excorcism training camp the pope started in poland recently LOL!

i am betting loaner is the D words buddy..or something..
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:14 am

I wrote an essay about Dungeons and Dragons in the 8th grade. My english teacher gave me a D on it... (the actual topic was "My Best Friend"). Later that afternoon, a counselor pull me out of last period social studies to have a chat with me in order to find out if I was suicidal.

I would think any fat loser that is teaching creative writing and comes up with "My Best Friend" as an essay topic is likely more suicidal than anyone who plays D&D... perhaps we should hope so.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:27 am

lol. I'm always amazed at the misconceptions about it. Of course, most seem to be perpetuated by ill-informed churchites.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down