The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Run Derby

2 posters

Go down

Home Run Derby Empty Home Run Derby

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:39 pm

Let me just go on record on saying that no Home Run Derby is complete without Adam Dunn of the Reds. Yes, the guy is not an All-Star (and it's usually reserved for all-stars), but still, he'd put anybody to shame. Wily Mo Pena might be the closest though.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Home Run Derby Empty Re: Home Run Derby

Post  Markwes Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:21 pm

Thanks for giving me something to talk about other than the whiners. Very Happy

I have a hard time getting into the All Star game and everything that goes with it. Maybe if voting didn't start a third of the way through the season or whatever it is, it would be different. I mean how can you gauge a player's performance for an entire year so early on? And the fans voting means the same popular player's every year even if they are not doing that well. Even as a Cubs fan I can admit Fukudome, while having a good debut season, should not be an All Star.

I agree about Dunn though. Just assure him there's no one on base and he will hit a homer every time. Just kidding. Razz
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:20 am

Markwes...did you see the HR Derby last night? I saw most of it. Former Red Josh Hamilton was awesome. Too bad he didn't win it, even though he had more HRs in the earlier rounds.

As for the All-Star Game itself tonight, I'm sure I'll watch a good portion of it, but MLB must come up with a better way of determining World Series Home Field Advantage than how they do it now by giving it to the league that won the All-Star Game. That is one of the stupidest rules there is. If anything, give it to the team with the best record. scratch
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:32 am

I saw parts of the HRD, it seemed really cool that it was a family fun kinda thing with all the kids in the outfield. I've never seen one of those before, never knew Pro Ball could be so cool.

Was this thing connected to money other than advertising during the broadcast? Do the players get bonus's for winning or something?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:29 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Markwes...did you see the HR Derby last night? I saw most of it. Former Red Josh Hamilton was awesome. Too bad he didn't win it, even though he had more HRs in the earlier rounds.

As for the All-Star Game itself tonight, I'm sure I'll watch a good portion of it, but MLB must come up with a better way of determining World Series Home Field Advantage than how they do it now by giving it to the league that won the All-Star Game. That is one of the stupidest rules there is. If anything, give it to the team with the best record. scratch
I saw highlights on Sportcenter this morning. I agree it's too bad he didn't win. One of the guys on ESPN was saying he should have held back in the 2nd round so he wouldn't tire out. Yeah, he's setting a new record while putting on a show in front of millions of viewers and he's going to hold back. Rolling Eyes I'll probably tune in to the game just in case the NL can by some miracle actually WIN!! Speaking of which, what was it, maybe 3 years ago was the only time I remember being disgusted during an all star game when Eric Gagne with his 80 or whatever straight saves came in and blew the game.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:32 pm

I remembered being disgusted when they ended the '02 game at Milwaukee in a 7-7 tie, which started this whole "Winning league gets home-field advantage in the World Series" mess we're in now.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down