The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three Rivers Festival (I was going to type 3RF but not long enough title, so I should go on and on and on ....

+7
Gusto
Cincy Fan 44
Markwes
Canuck
moondrop
iberlingirl
LTRT
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Three Rivers Festival (I was going to type 3RF but not long enough title, so I should go on and on and on .... Empty Three Rivers Festival (I was going to type 3RF but not long enough title, so I should go on and on and on ....

Post  Guest Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:29 pm

So has anyone been down there yet? Junk Food Alley? Any shows? Antiques in the Park? The Flea Market? Side Walk Chalk?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Three Rivers Festival (I was going to type 3RF but not long enough title, so I should go on and on and on .... Empty Re: Three Rivers Festival (I was going to type 3RF but not long enough title, so I should go on and on and on ....

Post  LTRT Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:41 pm

We walked around last night and saw the cops on their new toys. Laughing Taking the dog down to Freimann tonight (AKC event). Looks like most of the food is $5 and up, I prefer to eat beforehand.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Three Rivers Festival (I was going to type 3RF but not long enough title, so I should go on and on and on .... Empty Re: Three Rivers Festival (I was going to type 3RF but not long enough title, so I should go on and on and on ....

Post  Guest Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:41 pm

my wife and the kid went to the Chalk Walk on Sunday while I was driving to Indy to get her new kitchen table... other than that.. no.. probably won't do anything either. Maybe hit up junk food alley sunday.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  iberlingirl Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:58 pm

I took my oldest, 2 drinks, 2 eats + $3 parking cost me $25, was done and home in 45 minutes.
Then took my youngest, 2 eats + free parking cost me $11, was done and outta there in 35 mins....
was it worth it, it made my kids happy that they got to experience it BUT both were terrified of the crowds (did not expect that, they were not scared til we were actually elbow to elbow at the food part of the festival, then they wanted to GO HOME RIGHT NOW)
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:17 pm

I did the 5K in the morning, looked at the chalk walk, ate a little at junk food alley, and went through some of the art in the park. I found I missed the Polish food at the Dash-In, which is disappointing since I like perogies and haven't had any in years. But all-in-all, it was a good time.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  moondrop Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:34 am

Went to come 2 go for some good music and free food (next to the baker street station) and stayed for the fireworks. They were ok, but Angolas 4th fireworks were much better.

moondrop
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 351

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:56 pm

I've seen decent acts at C2G as long as they're not shitty religious bands.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:33 pm

Yep.

Because we all know having faith sucks every ounce of talent out of a person.

All hail shitty secular music!!!

Gimme a freaking break.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:12 pm

iberlingirl wrote:I took my oldest, 2 drinks, 2 eats + $3 parking cost me $25, was done and home in 45 minutes.
Then took my youngest, 2 eats + free parking cost me $11, was done and outta there in 35 mins....
was it worth it, it made my kids happy that they got to experience it BUT both were terrified of the crowds (did not expect that, they were not scared til we were actually elbow to elbow at the food part of the festival, then they wanted to GO HOME RIGHT NOW)

I'm with the kids there. If there is a long line up, I am outta there.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:55 pm

I drove by the midway twice and wondered if anyone got shot this year or not...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  moondrop Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:25 pm

Jugomugo wrote:I've seen decent acts at C2G as long as they're not shitty religious bands.

When the secular group dressed like fairy's, etc.. came on, the place almost emptied, including the group I was with. It was very pagan/wiccan type crap. I do not understand a church allowing this.

moondrop
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:20 am

moondrop wrote:
Jugomugo wrote:I've seen decent acts at C2G as long as they're not shitty religious bands.

When the secular group dressed like fairy's, etc.. came on, the place almost emptied, including the group I was with. It was very pagan/wiccan type crap. I do not understand a church allowing this.

Tolerance and Diversity? Not in Christianity!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  moondrop Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:34 am

Tolerance of non christianty behavior NO, there is no room for it, nor are we taught it from scriptures.
Diversity as far as cultures, color, etc.. more than welcome, but not sinful ongoing behavior.

Card, you have been on the rag for a few days now, when will it be over? affraid

moondrop
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:41 am

moondrop wrote:Tolerance of non christianty behavior NO, there is no room for it, nor are we taught it from scriptures.
Diversity as far as cultures, color, etc.. more than welcome, but not sinful ongoing behavior.

Card, you have been on the rag for a few days now, when will it be over? affraid

This posting by Doe, I mean Moondrop, just made me think of the Cyndi Lauper song "True Colors".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:43 am

Geesh, here we go again...
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:47 am

Markwes wrote:Geesh, here we go again...

If that was directed to me I was simply stating a fact ... that song did immediately come to my mind.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:48 am

Bman wrote:
moondrop wrote:Tolerance of non christianty behavior NO, there is no room for it, nor are we taught it from scriptures.

This posting by Doe, I mean Moondrop, just made me think of the Cyndi Lauper song "True Colors".

And from one of our moderators no less!

C'mon, raise the bar or turn in your super powers.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:50 am

Then let me rag a bit.

If you know anything about C2G you would know that its only a *Church* when services are being held.

The remaining time it's a performance space that encourages diversity in genre's. The ONLY thinkg that C2G requests is that performers respect that while a performance space, It is still an all-ages, family-friendly environment that is Christian-based, and to tailor their act accordingly.

I know the people who book the shows at C2G , and trust me, if there was an act that didn't/wouldn't/couldn't fit, they would politely decline.

So Moon, if you can pull off the freaking blinders and remove that self-righteous stick out of youir backside, maybe you might begin to appreciate the efforts of C2G and talent that's available out there.

If you dislike C2G so much, please don't go. They don't want you there.

Perhaps you can start your own performance space and hire only acts that share your condescending, narrow-minded, hysterical, right-wing view of the world.

God Bless.

Dumbass.

Last edited by Oliver's Army on Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:58 am

So OliversArmy, did you know those pagan faeries? Did you see the performance? I dunno, maybe they just really ... sucked. It's been known to happen before.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:00 am

Moon, are you commenting on the faerie performing group, or your generalizing about your personal views?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:00 am

meta4 wrote:So OliversArmy, did you know those pagan faeries? Did you see the performance? I dunno, maybe they just really ... sucked. It's been known to happen before.

I can't say I know the pagan faeries, which probably sucked.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:01 am

meta4 wrote:So OliversArmy, did you know those pagan faeries? Did you see the performance? I dunno, maybe they just really ... sucked. It's been known to happen before.

meta sorry we don't all tolerate bigots as well as you ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:03 am

meta4 wrote:
Bman wrote:

And from one of our moderators no less!

C'mon, raise the bar or turn in your super powers.

nah ... nothing about a bar being raised. If she can spew her beliefs which she can so can we.

Last edited by Bman on Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:09 am

Bman wrote:

meta sorry we don't all tolerate bigots as well as you ...

Who said I tolerate bigots?

Well, I don't... you just let me at those ... people. They're the worst!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  moondrop Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:09 am

meta4 wrote:

Moon, are you commenting on the faerie performing group, or your generalizing about your personal views?

Probably a little of both. The faerie group was way out in left field and had nothing to do with biblical principles.
And yes the above is my own personal views as well. So what, I do not know why so many are getting their panties in a bunch? Arrow

moondrop
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next