Da' Bears QB

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Da' Bears QB

Post  Guest on Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:11 am

cardinal5150 wrote:
Fleek wrote:Leftwich = an upgrade over Grossman?

This is the same Byron Leftwich that couldn't even nail down the starting job for the Atlanta Falcons, right?

You mean the same Falcon's franchise that believed Mike Vick was their savior?

All I'm saying is...there's a reason Leftwich isn't a starter anywhere. Unless you know something that 32 GM's don't know.

If anything, he'd be a lateral move for the Bears. DEFINITELY not an upgrade over Grossman, though.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Da' Bears QB

Post  Scooby01_98 on Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:52 am

Markwes wrote:I know it's only preseason, but after watching that game last night, the QB position is not the problem for da Bears. Their #1 defense looked like a sieve against that offensive juggernaut known as the 49ers. They had better get it figured out or else it could be a long year.

It does seem like the head coaches have problems with good defensive coordinators. Ego's maybe???? Ditka didn't want Buddy Ryan around after the super bowl and then Lovie didn't want Rivera around after their super bowl. So Bear's fan suffer.
avatar
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642
Location : The Fort

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Da' Bears QB

Post  Guest on Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am

Fleek wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:
Fleek wrote:Leftwich = an upgrade over Grossman?

This is the same Byron Leftwich that couldn't even nail down the starting job for the Atlanta Falcons, right?

You mean the same Falcon's franchise that believed Mike Vick was their savior?

All I'm saying is...there's a reason Leftwich isn't a starter anywhere. Unless you know something that 32 GM's don't know.

If anything, he'd be a lateral move for the Bears. DEFINITELY not an upgrade over Grossman, though.

I'll gladly take a lateral move over Grossman, give anyone a chance back there, he proved he can't do the job. I'd be happier with you back there than him.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Da' Bears QB

Post  Guest on Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:44 am

Scooby01_98 wrote:
Markwes wrote:I know it's only preseason, but after watching that game last night, the QB position is not the problem for da Bears. Their #1 defense looked like a sieve against that offensive juggernaut known as the 49ers. They had better get it figured out or else it could be a long year.

It does seem like the head coaches have problems with good defensive coordinators. Ego's maybe???? Ditka didn't want Buddy Ryan around after the super bowl and then Lovie didn't want Rivera around after their super bowl. So Bear's fan suffer.

I thought part of it was that Rivera was looking at head coaching jobs and wanted more money in his next contract, the Bears didn't want to pay it.

It's preseason, I never put much into the results then. People are just trying to not get hurt.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Da' Bears QB

Post  Scooby01_98 on Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:54 am

cardinal5150 wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:
Markwes wrote:I know it's only preseason, but after watching that game last night, the QB position is not the problem for da Bears. Their #1 defense looked like a sieve against that offensive juggernaut known as the 49ers. They had better get it figured out or else it could be a long year.

It does seem like the head coaches have problems with good defensive coordinators. Ego's maybe???? Ditka didn't want Buddy Ryan around after the super bowl and then Lovie didn't want Rivera around after their super bowl. So Bear's fan suffer.

I thought part of it was that Rivera was looking at head coaching jobs and wanted more money in his next contract, the Bears didn't want to pay it.

It's preseason, I never put much into the results then. People are just trying to not get hurt.

Rivera was considered for head coaching jobs. Not sure he was actively looking, but other teams were interested in him. As far as wanting more money when his contract was up. Who doesn't!!! He had the top defense, it was getting the job done, so why wouldn't he want more money.

I also wasn't basing my statement on preseason play, but on the defense's play of last year.
avatar
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642
Location : The Fort

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Da' Bears QB

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:54 am

So, drafting a Bears offensive player of any kind will be detrimental to the future success of any Fantasy Football team I have?

_________________
Life...what a great choice.
avatar
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852
Location : Wherever you can gird your loins

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Da' Bears QB

Post  Guest on Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:59 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:So, drafting a Bears offensive player of any kind will be detrimental to the future success of any Fantasy Football team I have?

lol.. not necessarily.. someone has to score on that team. Hester could be valuable, no one's figured out how to stop him other than kicking out of bounds. Forte is supposed to be good... but they were optimistic about Benson last year as well.

If they ever get a real #1 WR I'd take him, but right now it's a toss up.

I did pick up Chris Henry yesterday in my league though... once week 5 comes I'm going to be beating ass.. assuming Plex and Reggie Brown can stay healthy that is.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Da' Bears QB

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:23 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:I did pick up Chris Henry yesterday in my league though... once week 5 comes I'm going to be beating ass.. assuming Plex and Reggie Brown can stay healthy that is.
Are you sure you got the right one? Laughing There's another that plays for the Titans I believe...

BTW...what round did you get him in?

_________________
Life...what a great choice.
avatar
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852
Location : Wherever you can gird your loins

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Da' Bears QB

Post  Guest on Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:00 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:I did pick up Chris Henry yesterday in my league though... once week 5 comes I'm going to be beating ass.. assuming Plex and Reggie Brown can stay healthy that is.
Are you sure you got the right one? Laughing There's another that plays for the Titans I believe...

BTW...what round did you get him in?

I got the right one.. I didn't draft him, picked him up after our draft, I don't think he was listed because he wasn't in the league until the Bengals re-signed him.

oh.. my team name... Sons of Travis Henry.. Smile
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Da' Bears QB

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:05 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:oh.. my team name... Sons of Travis Henry.. Smile
Oh my goodness, that is freaking hilarious!!! GREAT team name!

_________________
Life...what a great choice.
avatar
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852
Location : Wherever you can gird your loins

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Da' Bears QB

Post  Markwes on Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:50 am

Da Bears just beat da Colts badly. Yeah Bears! Go Bears!!
avatar
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096
Age : 52
Location : asylum

Back to top Go down

Re: Da' Bears QB

Post  LTRT on Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:51 am

Markwes wrote:Da Bears just beat da Colts badly. Yeah Bears! Go Bears!!

For one fleeting moment I considered changing my allegiance from Irving, TX to Chicago, IL, but remember it was for just a moment. It was especially nice seeing Manning eat some of the new turf. Twisted Evil
WAY TO GO BEARS! cheers
avatar
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Re: Da' Bears QB

Post  Guest on Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:57 am

The Bears still suck... at one point it was as if the entire Colts squad had left the field... two plays later the bears scored...

I need some advice from you Bears fans about how to cope with your team losing...
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Da' Bears QB

Post  Markwes on Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:44 am

pez wrote:I need some advice from you Bears fans about how to cope with your team losing...
You weren't a Colts fan during the Jim Harbaugh years? Razz

EDIT: Actually, just ask anyone on the 1993 Colts team that went 4 - 12.


Last edited by Markwes on Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096
Age : 52
Location : asylum

Back to top Go down

Re: Da' Bears QB

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:46 am

When I have some time, I'll post on how to cope with a loosing NFL team. Take it from this Bengals fan, I've been through the thin, thinner, and thinnest years...

_________________
Life...what a great choice.
avatar
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852
Location : Wherever you can gird your loins

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Da' Bears QB

Post  Guest on Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:14 am

dare I say.. Kyle Orton actually looked good last night.

Now.. the question is, was that the Colts D of old that sucked wind, or the dominate D from the Super Bowl we saw last night? Only time will tell.

I think Forte either showed a dash of greatness last night, or blew his load in one game. Personally, I think he looked great, but I'll credit the O Line with much of that, he had some huge holes. But he's also got a nice high gear, as evidence by his 50+ yd TD run where he outran one of the Colts DB's (was that Sanders?).

Orton had a great game to build confidence, so that's all I was looking for. Get the team behind him, get Forte as a realistic running threat and watch the D play like they should. Great game overall for Da Bears.. and I'll continue to believe it's because I wore my Urlacher jersey all day yesterday.

One thing I found amusing, the Colts wouldn't kick to Hester if possible.. that's a huge advantage for the team.. now that they might have a viable offense, they could be pretty good.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Da' Bears QB

Post  Markwes on Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:03 am

Orton looked good, Forte looked good, and the O-line did a great job. But the defense deserves accolades for keeping down a high powered offense in the Colts. Maybe it's just my imagination but the Bears D seems to play better with Orton as QB.
avatar
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096
Age : 52
Location : asylum

Back to top Go down

Re: Da' Bears QB

Post  Guest on Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:51 am

I think the Bears D got lucky in that it was Peyton's first game back.. Indy will start dropping TD's soon enough. But the Bears certainly did a good job in their own right.

I agree about Orton.. I think the offense (and entire team) understands they have a chance if they keep it close. Orton might not drop a 400 yard 5 TD performance on anyone (though I wouldn't rule it out given his history at Purdue) but I don't think he'll drop a 50 yard 5 INT performance on anyone either.

Plus you can't call him Sexy Kyle like you can Sexy Rexy... that's a plus in my book.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Da' Bears QB

Post  Scooby01_98 on Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:38 pm

Went to the game last night. Orton I think will do the season the way Trent Dilfer did for the Ravens, play to not loose the game. O line for the Bears was awesome. Peyton came out decent, but became more timid as the game went on. You could tell his timing was off. Forte will be a decent back (of course after Benson anyone would look good).
avatar
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642
Location : The Fort

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Da' Bears QB

Post  IrishGuy on Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:21 am

cardinal5150 wrote:I think the Bears D got lucky in that it was Peyton's first game back.. Indy will start dropping TD's soon enough. But the Bears certainly did a good job in their own right.

I agree about Orton.. I think the offense (and entire team) understands they have a chance if they keep it close. Orton might not drop a 400 yard 5 TD performance on anyone (though I wouldn't rule it out given his history at Purdue) but I don't think he'll drop a 50 yard 5 INT performance on anyone either.

Plus you can't call him Sexy Kyle like you can Sexy Rexy... that's a plus in my book.

I agree with this post. The Bears were the better team on Sunday night all around. I could list excuses but my previous sentance says it all. I still hold strong on my earlier prediction for the NFC North though. GB and the Vikes are good.
avatar
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511
Location : Fort Wayne

Back to top Go down

Re: Da' Bears QB

Post  Guest on Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:25 am

Markwes wrote:
pez wrote:I need some advice from you Bears fans about how to cope with your team losing...
You weren't a Colts fan during the Jim Harbaugh years? Razz

EDIT: Actually, just ask anyone on the 1993 Colts team that went 4 - 12.

LOL... ahhh... The harbaugh years. I wonder what he's doing these days? Prolly still washing Ditka's cars every week.

I've been a colts fan since the mayflower... I remember being so PO'd when I had to listen to the game on the radio because only 12 people showed up, scalpers had to throw in a free sandwich to get you to pay face for tickets in order to catch a glimpse of Rod Dowhower or Jeff George....
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Da' Bears QB

Post  Guest on Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:27 am

I thought Orton payed a good game, seemed like he stayed within the bounds of his ability. Want to see how he does when the bears are down by 10 in the 4th... that will be pretty telling.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Da' Bears QB

Post  Guest on Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:58 am

pez wrote:

LOL... ahhh... The harbaugh years. I wonder what he's doing these days? Prolly still washing Ditka's cars every week.

He's the head coach of the Stanford Cardinal
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Da' Bears QB

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum