The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3/22/08 @ Mid-City - Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW presents...

+2
sunny d
loaner1
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

3/22/08 @ Mid-City - Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW presents... Empty 3/22/08 @ Mid-City - Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW presents...

Post  Guest Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:32 am

Hey, folks! If you have no plans for 3/22/08, you should come out to Mid-City for a great evening of live music.

Fort Wayne's own Left Lane Cruiser will be sharing the stage with some out of town guests as part of yet another Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW event. The show starts around 10:00pm and it's FREE to everyone 21+. Band information can be found below!

LEFT LANE CRUISER (Our own resident badasses.)
http://www.myspace.com/leftlanecruiser

THE PACK A.D. (2 Canadian women. 2 instruments. 2 f'ing cool. Great blues!)
http://www.myspace.com/thepackad

GRAVELROAD (all the way from Seattle, Washington)
http://www.myspace.com/gravelroad

afro

Last edited by Fleek on Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

3/22/08 @ Mid-City - Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW presents... Empty Re: 3/22/08 @ Mid-City - Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW presents...

Post  Guest Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:23 am

Thanks, man.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

3/22/08 @ Mid-City - Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW presents... Empty Re: 3/22/08 @ Mid-City - Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW presents...

Post  loaner1 Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:07 pm

Sounds fun, hopefully the weather would permit a good walk there and a drunk walk home. Wink
loaner1
loaner1
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 126

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:01 am

loaner1 wrote:Sounds fun, hopefully the weather would permit a good walk there and a drunk walk home. Wink

You won't regret it. That's a Fleek guarantee.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:02 pm

3 days away, folks!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:09 am

So...anyone planning on making it tomorrow night?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:18 am

Jugo ... you in town?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:10 pm

I'm out of town. Otherwise I would have gone.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:51 pm

I hate bluegrass.. though chicks in bands are always fun to watch.... wait.. that's only if they look like Gwen Stefani or Amy Lee.. (I know.. total 180's of each other).
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:41 am

cardinal5150 wrote:I hate bluegrass.. though chicks in bands are always fun to watch.... wait.. that's only if they look like Gwen Stefani or Amy Lee.. (I know.. total 180's of each other).

...none of the bands are bluegrass bands.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:56 am

cardinal5150 wrote:I hate bluegrass.. though chicks in bands are always fun to watch.... wait.. that's only if they look like Gwen Stefani or Amy Lee.. (I know.. total 180's of each other).

But they have a lot in common: they both suck.

Early No Doubt was decent, but when they started going "pop" they started sucking hard. Now Gwen is just a sell-out.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:59 am

Jugo speaks the truth.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:22 pm

Jugomugo wrote:

But they have a lot in common: they both suck.

Early No Doubt was decent, but when they started going "pop" they started sucking hard. Now Gwen is just a sell-out.

You call it a sell out.. I call it an entrepreneur. She's now not only the lead for a successful band (which is pretty hard in it's own right) she also has a fashion line. If that's selling out, Jay Z is the biggest sell out on earth.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:22 pm

Fleek wrote:

...none of the bands are bluegrass bands.

Sorry.. Hillgrass Bluebilly.. I assumed they are of this nature from your signature.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:26 pm

It's just the name of the promoter.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:27 pm

By the way...THIS SHOW IS TONIGHT...in case you haven't figured that part out.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  sunny d Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:14 pm

This was a good show Fleek!!! The girls in Pack AD were very good. Left Lane Cruiser was awesome.
sunny d
sunny d
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Number of posts : 76

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:54 pm

sunny d wrote:This was a good show Fleek!!! The girls in Pack AD were very good. Left Lane Cruiser was awesome.

Told ya so! Smile

There will be many more shows like this in the future. Glad you came out. You should've found the fat bearded guy wearing the Hillgrass Bluebilly hat (me) and introduced yourself!

Pictures have been uploaded @ http://www.myspace.com/llcfanclub2
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  sunny d Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:37 pm

Looking through the pics, I did see you last night. But I had no clue it was you!!! As far as looking for the fat bearded guy with a hat one and finding you, would have been like looking for a needle in a haystack Very Happy Most of the guys there were fat bearded guys with hats
sunny d
sunny d
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Number of posts : 76

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:35 am

I try and stay away from events where fat bearded guys outnumber skinny hot chicks. Smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:53 am

cardinal5150 wrote:I try and stay away from events where fat bearded guys outnumber skinny hot chicks. Smile

Hey the way I look at it I blend in at a place like this. Card, accounting nerds would stand out no matter where you went. Razz
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Caddy Compson Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:47 pm

Why doesn't anyone in Fort Wayne book more renown indie bands? Why doesn't anyone have the ambition to bring some of the bands to Fort Wayne that come through Chicago and Bloomington? Why can't Fort Wayne at least make an attempt to be hip instead of wallowing in passe angst rock, geezer rock, and really bad country pop/rock?

Fort Wayne is trying to re-invent itself with all of the downtown development. Why doesn't it make an effort to re-invent itself culturally too? Fort Wayne can erect all of the aesthetically pleasing edifices its coffers will allow, but if what manifests itself on the insides remains grotesque and embarrassing, Fort Wayne will continue to be a cultural laughingstock.

Fort Wayne -- a revenue consuming turd frivolously polishing itself while at its core, it's still a turd and it stinks. Urban development should not be solely superficial.

If only Fort Wayne could siphon off the sensibility of Bloomington, we'd have something here.

Caddy Compson
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Number of posts : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:52 pm

Caddy Compson wrote:Why doesn't anyone in Fort Wayne book more renown indie bands? Why doesn't anyone have the ambition to bring some of the bands to Fort Wayne that come through Chicago and Bloomington? Why can't Fort Wayne at least make an attempt to be hip instead of wallowing in passe angst rock, geezer rock, and really bad country pop/rock?

Fort Wayne is trying to re-invent itself with all of the downtown development. Why doesn't it make an effort to re-invent itself culturally too? Fort Wayne can erect all of the aesthetically pleasing edifices its coffers will allow, but if what manifests itself on the insides remains grotesque and embarrassing, Fort Wayne will continue to be a cultural laughingstock.

Fort Wayne -- a revenue consuming turd frivolously polishing itself while at its core, it's still a turd and it stinks. Urban development should not be solely superficial.

If only Fort Wayne could siphon off the sensibility of Bloomington, we'd have something here.

Welcome Caddy, tell us do you have an opinion about what is wrong with Fort Wayne. Shocked

I agree Caddy, Fort Wayne needs to transform itself culturally if we are going to thrive. You mention Bloomington, look at Austin Texas, and other cities. Change will happen from within and we have to bust the chains off of the old school thinking which is drowning this city in despair. Suggestions to change the Fort. The Landing was a great idea but it has never taken off ... I think downtown needs to revitalize with night life, not baseball.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:12 pm

Caddy Compson wrote:Why doesn't anyone in Fort Wayne book more renown indie bands? Why doesn't anyone have the ambition to bring some of the bands to Fort Wayne that come through Chicago and Bloomington? Why can't Fort Wayne at least make an attempt to be hip instead of wallowing in passe angst rock, geezer rock, and really bad country pop/rock?

You know what...instead of bitching about it, do something about it.

That's what we've done. We (Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW) bring in bands we like. Not your basic run-of-the-mill, cheesedick pop bands. Good bands...according to us. We've packed the house with all of our events. If you're wanting something more, it's up to you to change it.

Otherwise, you can sit back and point fingers and blame everyone else for not doing what you want them to do. It's not rocket science.

Speaking of ambition...where on Earth is YOURS?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next