The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last 5 songs on your mp3/iPod/music player...

+5
Mort
Markwes
sunny d
Aggie Transplant
LTRT
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Last 5 songs on your mp3/iPod/music player... Empty Last 5 songs on your mp3/iPod/music player...

Post  Guest Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:47 am

I may have posted a thread like this over on the JG board...can't remember and I actually don't go there anymore so I won't go look. Anyways, I always like threads like this. It sort of allows me to get to know other posters. You can learn a lot about a person based solely on the music they listen to. So...if you listen to iTunes, your iPod/mp3 player, CD player, radio, etc...at work, feel free to participate.

5.) Mama Tried - Merle Haggard
4.) Wash It - Left Lane Cruiser
3.) Zoloft - Ween
2.) Fire In The Hole - Bob Log III
1.) Over the Falls - Primus
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Last 5 songs on your mp3/iPod/music player... Empty Re: Last 5 songs on your mp3/iPod/music player...

Post  LTRT Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:06 am

Merle Haggard and Primus, now that's quite a combination Shocked
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Last 5 songs on your mp3/iPod/music player... Empty Re: Last 5 songs on your mp3/iPod/music player...

Post  Guest Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:44 am

LTRT2 wrote:Merle Haggard and Primus, now that's quite a combination Shocked

That sort of thing happens when you're open-minded (for the most part) when it comes to music.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggie Transplant Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:56 am

My iPod's on shuffle when I exercise, but here's the last five I listened to:

5. Red Dirt Road, Brooks & Dunn
4. So Long Toots, Cherry Poppin' Daddies
3. This Nearly Was Mine, South Pacific Soundtrack
2. More, Frank Sinatra
1. Red and Black, Les Mis Soundtrack

The majority of songs on my iPod are NOT soundtracks, contrary to what it appears.......

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1124

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggie Transplant Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:00 pm

Ah, well, if I'm a geek, I might as well admit it full-out. Okay, I'm a geek.

Today in iTunes, I've been listening to a 70s playlist I set up for my sister. The last five songs have been:

5. Somebody to Love, Queen
4. Heaven Knows, Donna Summer & Brooklyn Dreams
3. Ariel, Dean Friedman
2. Breaking Up is Hard to Do, Neil Sedaka
1. Runaround Sue, Dion (okay, so they're not all strictly 70s songs)

and right now Beautiful Sunday by Daniel Boone is playing. You might not know the title, but it's in a car ad right now.

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:26 pm

Hot Chip - Out at the Pictures
Widespread Panic - Her Dance Needs No Body
Arcade Fire - Leave the Car Running
Dave Matthews Band - Jimi Thing
Beastie Boys - Futterman's Rule

I have to take some degree of liberty when coming up with these, as I usually listen to entire albums at a time, and not single songs. So I picked out some individuals of late.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  sunny d Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:34 pm

Mine tend to vary, but here are the last 5 on my player

I Ran - Flock of Seagulls
Golden Years - David Bowie
Rehab - Amy Winehouse
Voodoo - Godsmack
Rat in a Cage - Smashing Pumpkins
sunny d
sunny d
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Number of posts : 76

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:40 pm

My iTunes is on shuffle all day while I work. When I get a new CD, I'll listen to it from start to end a few times until I'm close being tired of it and then it goes to the "library."

Last 5...

5.) Blind - Talking Heads
4.) I Wanna Be Sedated - moe.
3.) Burned Down - Assembly of Dust
2.) Angel - Jack Johnson
1.) Blue Train - Johnny Cash
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:15 pm

Well, the last thing I did with my mp3 player is sort by album and listen to Fleetwood Mac's Rumours. I used to think they were pretty lame (and no doubt many people still do), but they grew on me. Oh, well.

Oh, and Les Mis' "Red and Black" song is fantastic, Aggie! I'll definitely have to get that someday.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggie Transplant Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:24 pm

Almost all of the Les Mis soundtrack gives me goosebumps, esp. On My Own.

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:52 pm

Fleek wrote:My iTunes is on shuffle all day while I work. When I get a new CD, I'll listen to it from start to end a few times until I'm close being tired of it and then it goes to the "library."

Last 5...

5.) Blind - Talking Heads
4.) I Wanna Be Sedated - moe.
3.) Burned Down - Assembly of Dust
2.) Angel - Jack Johnson
1.) Blue Train - Johnny Cash

Johnny Cash and Talkings Heads, there's one of those wicked combinations again Very Happy

Not to worry, looking under 'M' in my mp3 library you will find Metallica and the Mamas & Papas affraid
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:24 pm

What can I say...I like variety.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:32 pm

Fleek wrote:What can I say...I like variety.

Same here...I've got everything from Sinatra to Rammstein or should I say Aerosmith to ZZTop.

And NO I DON'T have any Abba Laughing
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:59 pm

thanks.. now I'm going to have to rip my Primus collection.....

I don't have an iPod (I know.. I own a DJ business, but not an iPod, or any mp3 player for that matter) but here's that last 5 i remember last night on my iTunes...

1) Let's Groove - Earth Wind and Fire
2) Unsung - Helmet
3) Land of Confusion - Disturbed
4) Cause I Love You - Lenny Williams
5) Fluorescent Adolescence - Arctic Monkeys
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:33 pm

5.) Leave It In The Road - Black Diamond Heavies
4.) Thank You - Dido
3.) I Need A Miracle - Grateful Dead
2.) She's Got You - Patsy Cline
1.) Granny - Dave Matthews Band
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:46 pm

5.) Amy's In the Kitchen - Left Lane Cruiser
4.) Bold As Love - Jimi Hendrix
3.) Give Me One Reason - Tracy Chapman
2.) Got My Mojo Working - Etta James
1.) Cool It Down - Velvet Underground
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:08 pm

5.) Tramp - Junior Kimbrough
4.) Dust - I,Wombat
3.) I Still Do - The Cranberries
2.) Bible, Candle & Skull - The Legendary Shack Shakers
1.) The Inlaw Josie Wales - Trey Anastasio
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:48 pm

do you post to this everytime you log on?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:51 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:do you post to this everytime you log on?

Nope. Just whenever I feel like it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:20 am

I just got one of these such devices, and I quickly ripped Radiohead's O.K. Computer... easily one of the best albums in decades.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:39 am

5.) Fallin' Down - Gold Room
4.) Filthy Dirty - Definitely Gary
3.) Coconut - Harry Nielson
2.) Shake 'Em On Down - R.L. Burnside
1.) Paint - Galactic
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:36 am

I know I'm aging myself or whatever, but I have no plans to get an iPod or MP3 player. Maybe things have changed, but we bought my kid an MP3 player a few years back, downloaded a bunch of music on it, and then my PC crashed. Of course it wouldn't work on another PC. According to Sony, it has to be disassociated with the original PC because it can only be associated with one at time, which is brilliant since it crashed and therefore I can't access the software. The only other solution (which we ended up having to do) was reformat it which loses everything that was downloaded. Now I hear there are problems with exploding iPods. Funny, my vinyl from 30 years ago may be a little scratchy here and there but it still works. And it sounds pretty decent.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:38 am

Markwes wrote:I know I'm aging myself or whatever, but I have no plans to get an iPod or MP3 player. Maybe things have changed, but we bought my kid an MP3 player a few years back, downloaded a bunch of music on it, and then my PC crashed. Of course it wouldn't work on another PC. According to Sony, it has to be disassociated with the original PC because it can only be associated with one at time, which is brilliant since it crashed and therefore I can't access the software. The only other solution (which we ended up having to do) was reformat it which loses everything that was downloaded. Now I hear there are problems with exploding iPods. Funny, my vinyl from 30 years ago may be a little scratchy here and there but it still works. And it sounds pretty decent.

I don't own one either. I use iTunes. The only usage I would get out of an iPod or mp3 player is for when I mow the yard. Even then, the lawn mower would probably drown out the music so I'm not sure how much I would actually end up using it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:02 am

I bought a couple of generic players on Ebay. They were 2 gig and under $50

They have a built-in USB plug so it easily plugs into any computer without any I.D. issues with specific computers, and replaceable AAA battieries you can get anywhere.

2 gigs is still a crapload of music and if I tire of the tunes it doesn't take a week to delete and reload new tunes onto it.

I gave one to the wife for her tunes, one has strictly jazz and instrumentals, the third is an eclectic mix for me.

I use it on bike rides, plane trips, lawn work, I even plugged it into the home stereo...but the best is when I bought a cheapo cassette adapter and plugged it into the car.

No fussing with 100's of CD's and I hear exactly what I want.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:51 am

I don't own one

I hinted to my wife for one on my birthday which was last Saturday, but she scoffed at me.

So I feel left out..... Crying or Very sad
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next