The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taxes = Patriotism

2 posters

Go down

Taxes = Patriotism Empty Taxes = Patriotism

Post  LTRT Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:12 am

Biden calls paying higher taxes a patriotic act
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080918/ap_on_el_pr/biden_taxes

Biden said: "It's time to be patriotic ... time to jump in, time to be part of the deal, time to help get America out of the rut.

Learn something new everyday. Rolling Eyes
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Taxes = Patriotism Empty Re: Taxes = Patriotism

Post  Guest Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:17 am

Considering both Republicans and Democrats support higher taxes, they should all agree!

Republicans claim they want to lower taxes, but its all hot air and nothing else.

It's time for another option. Vote third party.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Taxes = Patriotism Empty Re: Taxes = Patriotism

Post  Guest Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:20 am

LTRT wrote:Biden calls paying higher taxes a patriotic act
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080918/ap_on_el_pr/biden_taxes

Biden said: "It's time to be patriotic ... time to jump in, time to be part of the deal, time to help get America out of the rut.

Learn something new everyday. Rolling Eyes

I agree the top 2% should do the patriotic thing and bail us out of this mess that McCain and Bush has caused. How else do we get out of it ... making the working poor bail us out. Belly up RT ...
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Taxes = Patriotism Empty Re: Taxes = Patriotism

Post  LTRT Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:48 am

Bman wrote:I agree the top 2% should do the patriotic thing and bail us out of this mess that McCain and Bush has caused. How else do we get out of it ... making the working poor bail us out. Belly up RT ...

What's your buddy Barney Frank doing to clean things up?
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Taxes = Patriotism Empty Re: Taxes = Patriotism

Post  Guest Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:54 am

LTRT wrote:
Bman wrote:I agree the top 2% should do the patriotic thing and bail us out of this mess that McCain and Bush has caused. How else do we get out of it ... making the working poor bail us out. Belly up RT ...

What's your buddy Barney Frank doing to clean things up?

Ok ... I am confused, what does this have to do with patriotism, I must have missed a read somewhere. God Bless Barney though ... he wants to legalize pot.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Taxes = Patriotism Empty Re: Taxes = Patriotism

Post  Guest Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:17 am

Barney is an idiot 90% of the time.. the problem is that 10% of the time he actually has a clue is 10% more than anyone else in congress. He's pretty good at holding press conferences to tell people who is to blame though.

I saw this article.. my first question was if this is such a patriotic thing to do, why aren't the fat cats like Biden and BO doing this IN CONGRESS NOW?!?!?! Why the sudden urgency? Biden has had how many decades to do the Patriotic thing and raise taxes on the rich, and keep them up?

Apparently there are things the Prez can do about the tax code that congress can't... which is news to me considering Congress is the Legislative branch of gov't. Maybe he needs a refresher course on what the 3 branches do and who actually changes the laws.

This is where I think Biden was a horrible choice for VP.. he can't make claims like this because he's the one who's been part of the problem (since the Dem's are focusing on this issue). At least BO could make the argument that he wasn't in Washington for Decades and thus no one can point to the obvious. Since this was one of this biggest selling points in the primaries it only compounds the confusion for Biden being picked.. and being allowed to speak.

Seriously, has this guy said anything to help BO since he was named?

Palin might be the polar opposite of McCain in terms of experience (again.. questionable VP pick along the same lines at Biden) but at least she energized the party.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Taxes = Patriotism Empty Re: Taxes = Patriotism

Post  floridafun Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:49 am

floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Taxes = Patriotism Empty Re: Taxes = Patriotism

Post  floridafun Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:56 am

i also think there needs to be more tax on alcoholic drinks. lots more. use the proceeds to pay toward the bushco war loans from china drunken
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Taxes = Patriotism Empty Re: Taxes = Patriotism

Post  Guest Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:24 pm

Bman wrote:Barney Frank ... he wants to legalize pot.

Bman, not correcting you as much as I am just trying to be more specific.

Actually, he wants to decriminalize the possession at the Federal level. The main point being that we spend far more money prosecuting and incarcerating users, a majority of whom are otherwise productive members of society.

This is not legalization. There is a difference.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Taxes = Patriotism Empty Re: Taxes = Patriotism

Post  Guest Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:48 pm

"And we would pay painful income taxes, skyrocketing taxes on life savings, electricity and home heating oil....."

As the McCain ad says... I'm sure the "we" he is referring to is he and Cindy. I had a lot of respect for this guy, but these are blatant lies... wtf?
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Taxes = Patriotism Empty Re: Taxes = Patriotism

Post  Guest Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:49 pm

meta4 wrote:
Bman wrote:Barney Frank ... he wants to legalize pot.

Bman, not correcting you as much as I am just trying to be more specific.

Actually, he wants to decriminalize the possession at the Federal level. The main point being that we spend far more money prosecuting and incarcerating users, a majority of whom are otherwise productive members of society.

This is not legalization. There is a difference.

True, I heard him explain this exactly this way on Real Time with Bill Maher ...
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Taxes = Patriotism Empty Re: Taxes = Patriotism

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum