The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama Economic Message

2 posters

Go down

Obama Economic Message Empty Obama Economic Message

Post  Guest Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:01 pm

Common sense, vision and wisdom ....

http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/economyvideo
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Obama Economic Message Empty Re: Obama Economic Message

Post  floridafun Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:46 pm

mccains economic message....grab your guns soldiers we are going to start a war!
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:32 am

lol.... we hit a new low.. then responded with some of the biggest gains ever.. convenient how that part is left out.

For anyone who was actually following the market (you know, those people who actually understand what's going on and saw this coming weeks ago) they bought on the dips and sold the rips and made a lot of money in the process. For the rest of America who still views the market as this evil beast that will take all their money, BO is playing up their fears like every other past democrat candidate.

A simple example.. if you bought $1,000 of Washington Mutual stock a couple days ago at $2 (like I did) you'd have a profit today of $1,500. There's no guarantee this happens, but WaMu wasn't going anywhere, neither was AIG (which was trading at $1.50 and is now over $4). Anyone who did any research knew something would happen to boost these stocks. We're at a time now where you can still get into the market at ridiculously discounted prices, but you won't hear anything about this from the BO camp because if you go buy some of those stocks he's going to raise your taxes when you sell them. And that's a fact he proudly campaigns on because he's under the illusion that only rich people play the markets.

I'm watching the opening of the market.. the amount of activity down there is ridiculous.

I was hoping for actual steps.. as opposed to the fluff, as I believe it was called when McCain said virtually the same thing, but there's nothing in that video.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:39 am

cardinal5150 wrote:...BO is playing up their fears like every other past democrat candidate.

I couldn't help but to read that screaming like Algore. Very Happy
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:52 am

uhhh i think most americans and the international community are well aware of which party rules by fear tactics..and i dont think thats a contest obama could come close to winning.

here is the text of his plan.. http://my.barackobama.com/page/s/economyplan

Bring about real change to our economy

$1,000 Tax Cut for Middle Class American Families
Obama and Biden will cut income taxes by $1,000 for working families, because the economy needs to be revitalized from the bottom up, not top down. Read more »

Energy Rebates
Obama and Biden will enact a windfall profits tax on excessive oil company profits to give American families an immediate $1,000 emergency energy rebate to help families pay rising bills. Read more »

Create Jobs through Fair Trade
Obama and Biden believe that trade with foreign nations should create American jobs, not send them overseas. They will stand firm against agreements that undermine our economic security. Read more »

Create 5 Million Green Jobs
Obama and Biden believe that we should invest in innovation and manufacturing jobs in the growing clean energy market, freeing us from our dependence on foreign oil within a decade and creating 5 million green jobs. Read more »

New Jobs Through National Infrastructure Investment
Obama and Biden believe that rebuilding our highways, bridges, roads, ports, air, and train systems will create jobs, ensure safety, and bolster our long-term competitiveness. Read more »

Technology, Innovation and Creating Jobs
Obama and Biden will increase federal support for research, technology and innovation for companies and universities so that American workers can lead the world in cutting edge jobs and products. Read more »

Support Small Business
Obama and Biden will level the playing field for small business by eliminating all capital gains taxes on start-up and small businesses. Read more »

Labor
Obama and Biden will strengthen the ability of workers to organize for good wages, healthcare, and secure pensions. Obama and Biden will fight for passage of the Employee Free Choice Act. Obama and Biden will ensure that labor appointees support workers' rights and will work to ban the permanent replacement of striking workers. Obama and Biden will also increase the minimum wage and make sure it remains a real wage year over year. Read more »

Protect Homeownership and Crack Down on Mortgage Fraud
Obama and Biden will crack down on fraudulent brokers and lenders. They will make sure homebuyers have honest and complete information about their mortgage options, and they will give a tax credit to all middle-class homeowners. Read more »

Address Predatory Credit Card Practices
Obama and Biden will establish a five-star rating system so that every consumer knows the risk involved in credit card borrowing. They will establish a Credit Card Bill of Rights to stop credit card companies from exploiting consumers with unfair practices. Read more »

Reform Bankruptcy Laws
Obama and Biden will reform our bankruptcy laws to protect working people, to ban executive bonuses for bankrupt companies, and to require disclosure of all pension investments. Read more »

Work/Family Balance
Obama and Biden will help working families by doubling funding for after-school programs, expanding the Family Medical Leave Act. They will provide low-income families with a refundable tax credit to help with their child-care expenses, and encourage flexible work schedules. Read more »
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:52 am

I'm still waiting for someone to define what a "working family" is...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:58 am

This record gain was only because Wall Streeters were celebrating their bail out. It was a SAD day for the average american but a great day for the greed on Wall St.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:03 am

Bman wrote:This record gain was only because Wall Streeters were celebrating their bail out. It was a SAD day for the average american but a great day for the greed on Wall St.

So tell us, you didn't make any money with those gains?

I've always considered myself to be an "average" American, but I am not sad. Razz
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:13 pm

LTRT wrote:
Bman wrote:This record gain was only because Wall Streeters were celebrating their bail out. It was a SAD day for the average american but a great day for the greed on Wall St.

So tell us, you didn't make any money with those gains?

I've always considered myself to be an "average" American, but I am not sad. Razz

According to King Henry yesterday these gains are unsustainable, it was just a euphoric gain on Wall Street because of the bail out. That bail out basically ensured that Wall Streets profits are privatized but Wall Street losses can be public. I know ... I know ... we are going to have the Financial Swami post here about how much money he made on this swing but most Americans are in it for the long haul. Not every American is as intelligent as our resident Financial Swami in moving money around daily. Most Americans know this bail out was necessary but going to cost the little guy dearly.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:01 pm

Bman wrote: Most Americans know this bail out was necessary but going to cost the little guy dearly.

Funny.. considering there is no plan yet, just an idea, I'm not really sure how anyone can know this is going to "cost the little guy". Must be something you got from the Messiah, I'm sure he can see into the future to know exactly how this plan will be structured and who it will cost what.

Not to mention most American's don't know dick about this idea in the first place other than billions and trillions.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:18 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:
Bman wrote: Most Americans know this bail out was necessary but going to cost the little guy dearly.

Funny.. considering there is no plan yet, just an idea, I'm not really sure how anyone can know this is going to "cost the little guy". Must be something you got from the Messiah, I'm sure he can see into the future to know exactly how this plan will be structured and who it will cost what.

Not to mention most American's don't know dick about this idea in the first place other than billions and trillions.

Getting this message from King Henry on Meet the Press yesterday.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:02 pm

Henry knows what he WANTS.. but that's not the plan yet. Not to mention the AIG plan will probably benefit the taxpayers more than anything. Barney Frank and Charlie Schumer have their own plans they are floating as well, amoung others.

I really hope you aren't trying to reference Henry Paulson in a negative manner by calling him King Henry... hard to tell over the 'net though.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down