The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baker Street (old Uno's)

+7
Markwes
Mort
Canuck
anderson
whoosieme
LTRT
iberlingirl
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Baker Street (old Uno's) - Page 2 Empty Re: Baker Street (old Uno's)

Post  Canuck Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:38 pm

Jugomugo wrote:Sounds like another Indiana place that thinks they can be big stuff, but really just suck in the end. Pretty common sight.

You're pretty down on Indiana there Jugs...must be some bad times down there...
I don't know what Fort Wayne is like, I've only driven through a part of Indiana once and it was dark (not sure where)...was enroute to Chicago.

That's the kinda thing that happens all over the place...we have some places around, makes you wonder how they stay in business.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:42 pm

Canuck wrote:
I don't know what Fort Wayne is like, I've only driven through a part of Indiana once and it was dark (not sure where)...was enroute to Chicago.

Wait.

How is it that youre on 'Fort Wayne' boards then?

(Maybe you addressed this)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:44 pm

Oliver's Army wrote:
Canuck wrote:

Wait.

How is it that youre on 'Fort Wayne' boards then?

(Maybe you addressed this)

I have friends in low places...LOL,

Bman introduced me to the "high life" of Fort Wayne's boards. cheers
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:50 pm

Canuck wrote:You're pretty down on Indiana there Jugs...must be some bad times down there...

The only real cool stuff about the Fort was the music scene, Mad Anthony's, Warbird, and the trail system. The rest of it I could give a damn about, and would rather live in Lafayette, IN.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  anderson Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:40 am

[quote="Jugomugo"]
Canuck wrote:The only real cool stuff about the Fort was the music scene, Mad Anthony's, Warbird, and the trail system. The rest of it I could give a damn about, and would rather live in Lafayette, IN.

So you don't like the music scene?

This is the best I've seen the music scene in the seven years I've been in the music scene.
anderson
anderson
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 113
Location : If there is a bright center of the universe, we're on the planet it's furthest from.

http://www.dirtyfootfamily.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:21 am

anderson wrote:
Jugomugo wrote:The only real cool stuff about the Fort was the music scene, Mad Anthony's, Warbird, and the trail system. The rest of it I could give a damn about, and would rather live in Lafayette, IN.

This is the best I've seen the music scene in the seven years I've been in the music scene.

Is. Was, was in reference to the fact I don't live there any longer.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:15 am

I agree with Jugo Indiana is sooo unprogressive
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:31 am

So, Indiana's unprogressive because we have already assumed that this restaurant won't make it? I must be missing something.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Kitchen Slave Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:54 pm

whoosieme wrote:A friend in the foodie business went to the pre-opening and said the food is way over priced and so so. Chicken breast for $18???? Come on......
She said its like a Ruth Cris but with local people owning it. She said none of these people are experienced chefs so it good they stick with steaks and such. I give them a year..........
Hartleys on the other hand is worth every $$$$$. Pam is a great chef and is very innovative with her food. No comparison between the 2.
And just who is your friend? Chef's shouldn't own restaurants, thats just plain and simple; at least as long as they're the chef AND the owner. So maybe they aren't chefs, but thats why they hired one. Chef Mike, formerly of the Marriott - Red River Steakhouse - is the chef here. I'm sure he knows what he's doing and will do what he has to keep the place open.

Oh, and please refrain from using the word "foodie" when describing someone that works in the food service industry, it's just insulting. Mad

Kitchen Slave
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:17 am

Well Markwes to put it so you understand.

Indiana is the way it is because it always leans right. Baker Street (old Uno's) - Page 2 810511
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:22 am

[quote="anderson"]
Jugomugo wrote:
Canuck wrote:The only real cool stuff about the Fort was the music scene, Mad Anthony's, Warbird, and the trail system. The rest of it I could give a damn about, and would rather live in Lafayette, IN.

Lafayette? ? ? Good riddance.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:25 am

Kitchen Slave wrote:
And just who is your friend? Chef's shouldn't own restaurants, thats just plain and simple; at least as long as they're the chef AND the owner.

Doesn't Emeril own a few restaurants? Bobby Flay? Wolfgang Puck? Maybe those examples fall into the "as long as they're the chef AND owner." Do those guys cook at their own restaurants?
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:28 am

Mort wrote:Well Markwes to put it so you understand.

Indiana is the way it is because it always leans right. Baker Street (old Uno's) - Page 2 810511
Heh, you could have fooled me reading some of the stuff here.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:14 am

Markwes wrote:

All I have to say is if you feel like a minority in here you are mentally deranged. If everyone was just labeled left of center or right of center with no one being THE center this board would tip heavily to the right.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Kitchen Slave Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:18 pm

IrishGuy wrote:
Kitchen Slave wrote:
And just who is your friend? Chef's shouldn't own restaurants, thats just plain and simple; at least as long as they're the chef AND the owner.

Doesn't Emeril own a few restaurants? Bobby Flay? Wolfgang Puck? Maybe those examples fall into the "as long as they're the chef AND owner." Do those guys cook at their own restaurants?

Yea, they own restaurants. Do they work the line? Ptshh...No. Are they involved in day-to-day operations...No. They are what you'd call a corporate chef to those restaurants. They work in their little test kitchens at the office coming up with menu items then ship those off to the restaurants. They probably come by the restaurant sometimes and take a walk through to see how things are, chat it up with customers, step on the line and put a plate or two up and leave. They aren't really chefs anymore, they're actors and businessmen now.

Kitchen Slave
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:28 pm

Bman wrote:
Markwes wrote:

All I have to say is if you feel like a minority in here you are mentally deranged. If everyone was just labeled left of center or right of center with no one being THE center this board would tip heavily to the right.
Are you mocking my weight? lol!
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Baker Street (old Uno's) - Page 2 Empty Baker Street

Post  budandlou Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:11 pm

Oh, just shut up ... The food and wine was great. Service weird, the waiter sat down at my table and read the specials.

budandlou
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:14 am

budandlou wrote:Oh, just shut up ... The food and wine was great. Service weird, the waiter sat down at my table and read the specials.

... kinda like at the Munchie Emporium? Lemme guess, probably a tad too casual for that restaurant.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:22 am

Guest wrote:
Oliver's Army wrote:South Fairfield Ave.

Touche.

Time will tell.

I'm sad about Hartleys... the neighborhood does indeed suck, and I'm glad their are (at least ostensibly) moving to Chappels... where they are close enough to practically be downtown...

Other bad neighbood places that seem to weather well are the downtown OB, Catablu, Cafe Johnnell (oh wait)...

What the hell is this dices roll business?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:50 pm

A little good news for ya Pez at this time she isn't making and moves the thing with Crapple's is over. It did not work out.

Still something might happen though unless the restaurant starts getting more biz.The drinks are always generous and the food always great!
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2