The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bush pushing a McCain/Romney ticket

2 posters

Go down

Bush pushing a McCain/Romney ticket Empty Bush pushing a McCain/Romney ticket

Post  Guest Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:29 am

This link changes pretty quickly so you might need to scroll down but the gist is that Bush Jr. wants McCain to take Romney as his VP since Romney is such a great economist/business leader. REALLY? How many millions of his own dollars did he spend .. how many millions of his kids inheritance did he spend? Really? Business savvy? Ok .. so his kids will still have enough money so I guess it did not matter.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Bush pushing a McCain/Romney ticket Empty Re: Bush pushing a McCain/Romney ticket

Post  Guest Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:27 am

If you just click on the title, it takes you to a page specific to that topic:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/03/13/mccain-romney-interested-in-vp-spot/

So now it won't change around. Anyway, what's with everybody wanting presidential/vice presidential candidates who hate each other pairing up? Romney looked none to thrilled when he was endorsing McCain, not to mention his response to the tactic that McCain used to get Huckabee win one of the primaries instead of Romney (though which primary that was, I can't remember). And the pundits are talking about Obama picking up Hillary (or vice-versa) for a "dream" ticket - personally I can't imagine why he'd want to do that unless he wants to outright sink his crossover appeal.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Bush pushing a McCain/Romney ticket Empty Re: Bush pushing a McCain/Romney ticket

Post  Scooby01_98 Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:05 pm

I think Romney should take it. If by some miracle McCain wins I just don't see him doing the full term.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:09 am

I think McCain is smart in not making a choice yet, he's weighing his options and probably waiting to see who is opponent is.

Romney is a great business man, yes, he may come from money, but that didn't help him turn around and generate the returns that he did for his companies, or the olympics. His biggest weakness is that he was in France on a mission trip during the draft, so that could be construed as avoiding the draft by lefties, but if he ran under McCain, I don't think it'd be an issue, he is, after all, Mr American Military.

I think he compliments McCain pretty well, he makes up for McCain's shortcomings in the financial aspects, and McCain is the military guy. If they liked each other it'd be a good ticket, but they don't.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:55 am

they will poison pres mccain and claim it was a heart attack LOL!

and whats the deal that lets mccain fundraise in london this weekend while he is on his armed service committee trip which is just a promo for his "experience"? dont you have to be a citizen to contribute to a campaign?
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down