The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

House Rejects Rescue

+2
Canuck
LTRT
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

House Rejects Rescue Empty House Rejects Rescue

Post  LTRT Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:31 pm

228 NAY
205 AYE

205 Aye's
(140 Democrats)
(65 Republicans)

228 Nay's
(95 Democrats)
(133 Republicans)

Good work there Nancy, couldn't even convince (or arm twist) enough to pass it. Now her and Barney will be all over blaming the GOP for the defeat.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

House Rejects Rescue Empty Re: House Rejects Rescue

Post  Guest Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:41 pm

LTRT wrote:228 NAY
205 AYE

205 Aye's
(140 Democrats)
(65 Republicans)

228 Nay's
(95 Democrats)
(133 Republicans)

Good work there Nancy, couldn't even convince (or arm twist) enough to pass it. Now her and Barney will be all over blaming the GOP for the defeat.

FUNNY ... I got the same exact quote via email from FeatherHead. Hmmm ... must be the republican spinning that they could not get a majority of their own to vote for it ... look at the stats ... 65 republicans out of 198 ... sad on the republican part. Hoover and Coolidge gave us the great depression, now we have the Bush Depression. FDR rescued us then ... Obama now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:42 pm

Maybe the ride wasn't "free enough" for the Republicans.

Hey wasn't she trying to do what the head Republican wanted? Bush is the one pushing for this.

Besides this reminded me of this song here.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=_fhP-ClV244
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:49 pm

Bman wrote:
205 AYE

205 Aye's
(140 Democrats)
(65 Republicans)

228 Nay's
(95 Democrats)
(133 Republicans)

FUNNY ... I got the same exact quote via email from FeatherHead. Hmmm ... must be the republican spinning that they could not get a majority of their own to vote for it ... look at the stats ... 65 republicans out of 198 ... sad on the republican part. Hoover and Coolidge gave us the great depression, now we have the Bush Depression. FDR rescued us then ... Obama now.

Spinning, remember this one from the eighties, "You spin me round like a record baby, right round"

So you wanna play that game huh? 95 against is more than 65 for it, and the 95 is YOUR PARTY BUD.

Let me fix it so you can read it. Congrats on living up the exact expectation that I thought you'd have on this.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:57 pm

What are you talking about ... we delivered a MAJORITY of the democratic vote ... the republicans whose President and Sec. of the Treasury proposed this could not deliver a majority of their votes.

Republicans = FAIL
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:05 pm

Bman wrote:What are you talking about ... we delivered a MAJORITY of the democratic vote ... the republicans whose President and Sec. of the Treasury proposed this could not deliver a majority of their votes.

Republicans = FAIL
That's what I find odd about this. The Democrats seem to be in favor of something that Bush is, but the Republicans are not. Odd!
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:07 pm

Do they just need a simple majority in the House to pass this? Or is it a 2/3rd's majority? I think it's just a simple majority and the 2/3rd's comes into play if they want to override a presidential veto? It's been awhile since Government Class...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:40 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Do they just need a simple majority in the House to pass this? Or is it a 2/3rd's majority? I think it's just a simple majority and the 2/3rd's comes into play if they want to override a presidential veto? It's been awhile since Government Class...

you would be correct ... you earned your A in government.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:42 pm

LTRT wrote:
Bman wrote:
205 AYE

205 Aye's
(140 Democrats)
(65 Republicans)

228 Nay's
(95 Democrats)
(133 Republicans)

Spinning, remember this one from the eighties, "You spin me round like a record baby, right round"

So you wanna play that game huh? 95 against is more than 65 for it, and the 95 is YOUR PARTY BUD.

Let me fix it so you can read it. Congrats on living up the exact expectation that I thought you'd have on this.

We delivered a majority and Nancy and Harry said we would NOT provide ALL of the votes ... the republicans needed to belly up to the bar too ... they failed.

Republican leadership = FAIL
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:51 pm

Bman wrote:Republican leadership = FAIL
Not sure about that Bman. House Republican Leader John Boehner (from the GREAT state of Ohio) made an impassioned plea to his fellow Repubs to pass the bill and put politics aside.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/dayton/opinion/entries/2008/09/29/bailout_fails_despite_passiona.html

If anything, it's the Republican Sheep that failed...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:53 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Not sure about that Bman. House Republican Leader John Boehner (from the GREAT state of Ohio) made an impassioned plea to his fellow Repubs to pass the bill and put politics aside.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/dayton/opinion/entries/2008/09/29/bailout_fails_despite_passiona.html

I meant republican leadership in terms of the republican party supporting their President, not Boehner specifically. Even though Boehner is a turd.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:56 pm

Bman wrote:We delivered a majority and Nancy and Harry said we would NOT provide ALL of the votes ... the republicans needed to belly up to the bar too ... they failed.

If you had enough votes from your party it would've passed. Let me guess, the Dems didn't want to be left holding the bag by themselves, huh?
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:57 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

He obviously didn't perform his pole dances as well as Nancy did with her party.. cheers
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:57 pm

LTRT wrote:
Bman wrote:We delivered a majority and Nancy and Harry said we would NOT provide ALL of the votes ... the republicans needed to belly up to the bar too ... they failed.

If you had enough votes from your party it would've passed. Let me guess, the Dems didn't want to be left holding the bag by themselves, huh?

OR

The Repubs didn't want to leave them holding the bag... just in case the bet pays off.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:07 pm

Quick Vote
Should Congress approve the compromise $700 billion bailout of the U.S. financial system?
Yes 46% 117134
No 54% 139296
Total Votes: 256430
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:19 pm

LTRT wrote:Quick Vote
Should Congress approve the compromise $700 billion bailout of the U.S. financial system?
Yes 46% 117134
No 54% 139296
Total Votes: 256430

...and I'm guessing 2/3 of the "Total" voters have no idea what the hell is going on.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:20 pm

205 AYE

205 Aye's
(140 Democrats)
(65 Republicans)

228 Nay's
(95 Democrats)
(133 Republicans)

Oh please... I believe this is the president's proposal, and the GOP in the house is just gonna let him hang.... So you are asking for Nancy Pelosi to help pass GW's bailout plan? The irony here is thick...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:21 pm

Seems like the quick poll shows that more of American's have crossed the aisle, ready to take their medicine but the party boys and girls don't want to be the first to play Russian roulette.

... maybe they should consult Sarah Palin, she knows a shit ton about Russia Razz
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:23 pm

meta4 wrote:
LTRT wrote:

OR

The Repubs didn't want to leave them holding the bag... just in case the bet pays off.

LTRT: What is your position... do you think should the bill have passed or not? I'm having a hadrd time figuring out what you are trying to say.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:39 pm

pez wrote:
meta4 wrote:
LTRT wrote:

OR

LTRT: What is your position... do you think should the bill have passed or not? I'm having a hadrd time figuring out what you are trying to say.

No it should not be passed in it's current form. Why not let the markets shake themselves out like they've always done. I think my posts in this thread are pretty clear. If the dems wanted this to pass, why didn't more of them flip? The spin and blame game are in full force after the vote just as in the case before the plan was even hammered out as to the why, how, when, etc. of the current mess.

While I have not gone thru all 110 pgs, I'd bet a franklin that the taxpayers weren't given the protection that's needed in such a drastic move for Congress. The removal of ACORN's provision was a step in the right direction, but I'm sure that with 95 democrats opposing its passing, there's much more that's needed to move forward.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:44 pm

LTRT wrote:
No it should not be passed in it's current form. Why not let the markets shake themselves out like they've always done. I think my posts in this thread are pretty clear. If the dems wanted this to pass, why didn't more of them flip? The spin and blame game are in full force after the vote just as in the case before the plan was even hammered out as to the why, how, when, etc. of the current mess.

While I have not gone thru all 110 pgs, I'd bet a franklin that the taxpayers weren't given the protection that's needed in such a drastic move for Congress. The removal of ACORN's provision was a step in the right direction, but I'm sure that with 95 democrats opposing its passing, there's much more that's needed to move forward.

k... cool... my guess is that more of the dems didnt flip because the dems didnt want it to pass... seems like no one wanted it to pass. Myself included....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:52 pm

LTRT,

Have you found reference in your reading to a provision that allows the original homeowner to negotiate with the mortgage holder to avoid foreclosure at all costs, possibly reduce the principal amount and a lower, fixed interest rate refinanace? I heard a comment by a guest on NPR during lunch about this being a possibility related to this bill.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:04 pm

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  iberlingirl Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:18 pm

House Rejects Rescue Politi10
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:48 pm

Oliver's Army wrote:

Go Marcy ... We gotta do something and I agree Congress should stay and work something out ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next