The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Life. No Family. 'Perfect' qualifications to lead Homeland Security

3 posters

Go down

No Life.  No Family.  'Perfect' qualifications to lead Homeland Security Empty No Life. No Family. 'Perfect' qualifications to lead Homeland Security

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:43 am

Words from Pennsylvannia Democratic Governor Ed Rendell...oh, those dasterly open mics! affraid

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/12/02/campbell.brown.rendell/index.html
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

No Life.  No Family.  'Perfect' qualifications to lead Homeland Security Empty Re: No Life. No Family. 'Perfect' qualifications to lead Homeland Security

Post  LTRT Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:19 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Words from Pennsylvannia Democratic Governor Ed Rendell...oh, those dasterly open mics! affraid

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/12/02/campbell.brown.rendell/index.html

Then there's Miss Campbell who thinks we're deaf and has to repeat it, not that I give a rip. Cool
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

No Life.  No Family.  'Perfect' qualifications to lead Homeland Security Empty Re: No Life. No Family. 'Perfect' qualifications to lead Homeland Security

Post  Guest Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:33 am

I don't get it. What's the big deal? Yes, she's the new director. Yes, she's female and has no family. How is this a bash/attack on her?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:43 am

meta4 wrote:I don't get it. What's the big deal? Yes, she's the new director. Yes, she's female and has no family. How is this a bash/attack on her?
It's not necessarily an attack on her. I think Cambell Brown is pointing out the hypocrisy that this was never said (that we know of anyway) about "Family Men" Tom Ridge and Michael Chertoff. She doesn't recall (nor do I) anyone saying, "Well, Chertoff/Ridge is a horrible choice because they have families and therefore no time to devote to such an important job like Homeland Security."
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:53 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
meta4 wrote:I don't get it. What's the big deal? Yes, she's the new director. Yes, she's female and has no family. How is this a bash/attack on her?
It's not necessarily an attack on her. I think Cambell Brown is pointing out the hypocrisy that this was never said (that we know of anyway) about "Family Men" Tom Ridge and Michael Chertoff. She doesn't recall (nor do I) anyone saying, "Well, Chertoff/Ridge is a horrible choice because they have families and therefore no time to devote to such an important job like Homeland Security."

Rolling Eyes

It's not enough for feminists that there actually is a woman leading DHS but we ALSO need a crucifiction of a man to make it "anointed"?

"Puh-leeeeeez"

How about a simple "Congratulations" Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:44 am

[quote="meta4

Rolling Eyes

It's not enough for feminists that there actually is a woman leading DHS but we ALSO need a crucifiction of a man to make it "anointed"?

"Puh-leeeeeez"

How about a simple "Congratulations" Very Happy[/quote]

whats wrong with someone commenting on what was actually said? "Puh-leeeeeez" indeed. i am not one to think every little remark or inuendo is particularly sexist..i never quite got how hillary thought she was treated in a sexist manner during her campaign. but the remark made in this instance stunk and there isnt anything wrong with calling the guy out on it.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:47 am

floridafun wrote:
meta4 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

"Puh-leeeeeez"

How about a simple "Congratulations" Very Happy

whats wrong with someone commenting on what was actually said? "Puh-leeeeeez" indeed. i am not one to think every little remark or inuendo is particularly sexist..i never quite got how hillary thought she was treated in a sexist manner during her campaign. but the remark made in this instance stunk and there isnt anything wrong with calling the guy out on it.

Seriously? The use of the term "sexism" in this situation doesn't itch, even a little tickle?

I'd have no objection with her comment provided it was relative to what Rendell said in context at that moment. IMO, sounded like she wasn't torqued at what WAS said, she was whining about what WASN'T said, relative to the conditions of a completely separate setting. I say she inappropriately applied peripheral context to her hindsight commentary of his off-mic comment.

Anyhow, I realize that journalists are not required to say things that are productive or ameliorative, anything that gets ratings will do. I'm just sayin... perhaps she could have make a better point by highlighting the stresses that many others in the political arena - with families - have had to endure during their "service". This would contrast Senator Rendell's statements sufficiently and highlight another (gender neutral - parentally) interesting facet of politics and political professionals with families.

I bet it's not much different than being a media icon. Campbell should know, she's a mother. I wonder who takes care of her little baby boy while she's at work?

Did anyone else notice that as a flaming arrow attack?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down