The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NCAA Tourney in FW

+3
LTRT
IrishGuy
Scooby01_98
7 posters

Go down

NCAA Tourney in FW Empty NCAA Tourney in FW

Post  Scooby01_98 Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:43 pm

Saw this story in the JG and also the NS had a companion piece. The coliseum is trying to get the NCAA hockey tourney, one of the early rounds here in FW. If any of you have seen college hockey it is IMO one of the best things to watch. No fighting allowed which means the checking is much more aggressive.

So if they got a couple of games here would you attend?

http://www.fortwayne.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/SE/20080327/SPORTS/803270306
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

NCAA Tourney in FW Empty Re: NCAA Tourney in FW

Post  IrishGuy Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:07 am

Sure, I would attend mostly for the experience more than anything. I'm not a huge hockey fan but it is about a thousand times better to watch in person rather than on TV. I can appreciate just about any sporting event live, except soccer. I still haven't been able to enjoy that one.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:54 am

Scooby01_98 wrote:So if they got a couple of games here would you attend?

http://www.fortwayne.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/SE/20080327/SPORTS/803270306

Nope. I've tried and tried and tried again...I just don't get hockey and without getting it, I can't get into it. I don't even try anymore.

Baseball / Football / MMA / some golf...those are the only sports I really give a damn about anymore.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:04 am

This would be awesome.. I went to the ND/Michigan game a couple years ago, it was great. And we are in the heart of college hockey country believe it or not. Miami (Ohio) has really been producing some great teams as of late, Ferris State is just down the road, Notre Dame is actually starting to develop a strong program OSU and MSU are usually good, and then there is the perennial powerhouse of my Wolverines up in Ann Arbor (#1 in the nation).

We have a good hockey fan base, and we're close to a ton of hockey schools, I'd love to see this happen.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:32 pm

Hockey is only good when there are fights and squids and octopus gets thrown on to the ice. LOL
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:02 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:This would be awesome.. I went to the ND/Michigan game a couple years ago, it was great. And we are in the heart of college hockey country believe it or not. Miami (Ohio) has really been producing some great teams as of late, Ferris State is just down the road, Notre Dame is actually starting to develop a strong program OSU and MSU are usually good, and then there is the perennial powerhouse of my Wolverines up in Ann Arbor (#1 in the nation).

We have a good hockey fan base, and we're close to a ton of hockey schools, I'd love to see this happen.

I heard it was great, I HAD tickets but lost them. Embarassed College hockey is great! I would definately go. Very Happy
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:57 pm

I would probably go if it was someone I cared about, but I don't think a Notre Dame/Ferris State hockey game would do anything for me. With basketball, I have had exposure to a lot of teams and became familiar with their style of play and the players on those teams. If college hockey was more accessible where I could get familiar with the teams, I might be more into it.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:29 pm

College Hockey is on almost every night if you use Dish Network. Smile

I agree though, it's a sport that would only deliver current fans, probably wouldn't develop a large following of non-fans. I'd probably only go to watch Michigan.. but I'd have my blue and gold jersey on to do it. Smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:21 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:College Hockey is on almost every night if you use Dish Network. Smile

I agree though, it's a sport that would only deliver current fans, probably wouldn't develop a large following of non-fans. I'd probably only go to watch Michigan.. but I'd have my blue and gold jersey on to do it. Smile

L O S E R !!!!!!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:30 pm

Bman wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:College Hockey is on almost every night if you use Dish Network. Smile

L O S E R !!!!!!!!

How did I know that Bman would chime in. That's right, you have NO claims to the ice. Very Happy
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  rksgrl Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:33 pm

Grr I tried to post this but I wouldn't let me.

I went to Miami (Ohio) and their hockey team is AWESOME! For a good part of the season Miami was #1 (Up until about the end of January). But they lost to Michigan, Razz ahh well at least that team up north can beat an ohio team at something;) (Ok I don't know where that came from Trash talking is somethign new for me;) ) Overall Miami had more wins than Michigan. But Michigan had more ties and less losses.

I thought the sites were already chosen for this years "Frozen Four" But I would totlly drive to the Fort to see my beloved RedHawks play:)

Here is a link to the brackets if you are interested in looking. http://tinyurl.com/3ya5mm
rksgrl
rksgrl
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:59 pm

I believe the reason Michigan is still ranked ahead of Miami is because they were 2-0-1 against them on the year. Most recently beating them for the CCHA championships in detroit, and before that both games were in Oxford. That first game of theirs was great.. Michigan dropped 5 goals on them in them in about 5 minutes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:07 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:

Maybe if it's like $5-10 and free parking.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:42 am

Jugomugo wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:

Maybe if it's like $5-10 and free parking.

Free parking ... ah hahahaha
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Gusto Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:58 pm

free parking, yes after the lot is paved, and paved, and paved, and paved etc

Gusto
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:23 pm

I can see The Who in Indianapolis at Conseco and not pay for parking, but can I see a damn $5 hockey game without paying to park?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:41 pm

Jugomugo wrote:I can see The Who in Indianapolis at Conseco and not pay for parking, but can I see a damn $5 hockey game without paying to park?

Free parking in Indy? Good score! When I go down to Indy for Colts games, I park at the Conseco parking garage. $5 to park there and getting out after the game is a breeze. It's about a 4 block walk to the dome, but there happens to be a few watering holes on the way there.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:50 pm

You can see a game in FW without paying for parking.. you just can't park in the Coliseum parking lot without paying. Park at HH Gregg, Scotts, IPFW, Concordia, the old Afdent/Broadripple parking area, or back by Turners (only not IN Turners).. all free, you just have to walk.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Strate Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:26 pm

People in this town don't walk.
Strate
Strate
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 83

Back to top Go down