The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Girl Scouts robbed as they sell cookies outside store

4 posters

Go down

Girl Scouts robbed as they sell cookies outside store Empty Girl Scouts robbed as they sell cookies outside store

Post  iberlingirl Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:13 am

What a low life, worthless jackass!!! I have a 9 yo and no doubt, she would be terrified had something like this happened to her. She is the type of child that would let something like this affect her whole life (of course, this mama, would do every and anything possible to ensure that she learned to trust again (with caution) among other things, and not settle for letting something like this changing her life)

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story/Girl-Scouts-robbed-as-they-sell-cookies-outside/qqnmg6g66E-A34NOkFWAFQ.cspx

Two little girls and their troop leader were robbed outside a North Side store Wednesday night. The Brownie troop leader became emotional as she told News 4 WOAI how she witnessed the thief steal from the two 3rd graders.
"They didn't take it from me. They took it from my girls," the troop leader said.
The 9-year-olds had set up and sold their cookies at the Walgreens in the Medical Center several times before, and everything had been fine. But Wednesday night, a man stole all of their hard-earned money.
"We were finishing up our shift and we were packing up our cookies," explained the girls' troop leader.
That troop leader, who doesn't want to be identified, said a man then walked up to their table.
"I didn't even think he was looking at the money," said told News 4 WOAI. "I thought he was leaning over to look in the box, like 'What do you have in there?'"
She said then all of a sudden, the man snatched their bag of money and ran off. He got away with about $250. The troop leader chased him, but he got into a car with a woman and drove off.
"The one thing that I was screaming was to call the police, and I just kept yelling out the license plate number," the troop leader recalled.
News 4 WOAI tracked that license plate number to a home on the West Side. Our crew knocked on the door, but no one answered.
"I try to teach the girls that nothing's given, you have to earn it, said the troop leader. "And they earned that money."
The little girls had to learn a very grownup lesson, but intend to continue selling cookies to try to earn more money.
"Both little girls are scared," explained the troop leader. "And they've learned, firsthand, there are bad people out there."
News 4 WOAI learned the man accused of taking the money was inside the Walgreens store prior to the theft. Police are now reviewing surveillance video from inside the store.
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down

Girl Scouts robbed as they sell cookies outside store Empty Re: Girl Scouts robbed as they sell cookies outside store

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:59 am

Definitely a sad story. What struck me as odd was that the news crew went and knocked on the door of the supposed robber? That's gutsy!
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Girl Scouts robbed as they sell cookies outside store Empty Re: Girl Scouts robbed as they sell cookies outside store

Post  Markwes Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:21 am

That really stinks. I can remember selling door to door when I was a kid by myself. Nowadays, even with adult supervision, the kids aren't totally safe.

To expand on Cincy's comment, I'm trying to figure out how the news team knows where the guy lives and yet instead of police going there and getting the guy, they are checking surveillance tape. scratch
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:42 am

Markwes wrote:To expand on Cincy's comment, I'm trying to figure out how the news team knows where the guy lives and yet instead of police going there and getting the guy, they are checking surveillance tape. scratch

Cops make sure they have all the facts, the news team just wants a story and doesn't care about checking facts. Suspect
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:58 am

lol, that's some funny stuff right there. Perhaps they're will less annoying kids hocking overpriced cookies in the future?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:35 am

Jugomugo wrote:Perhaps they're will less annoying kids hocking overpriced cookies in the future?

Yeh, I managed to avoid them at the grocery stores, but gave in last Saturday at Lowe's and bought one box.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:43 am

Sucker.

Yeah, when I get really tempted, I just go buy some off the shelf cookies and save some money.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:45 am

I used to just say that I was diabetic but sometimes the leader or parent with the kids would ask me to make a donation. Now I just say I have nieces selling them too, sorry.

Stealing the money is pathetic and it sounds like the thief is going to get caught.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down