The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US Senator says AIG execs should resign or commit suicide

Go down

US Senator says AIG execs should resign or commit suicide Empty US Senator says AIG execs should resign or commit suicide

Post  Canuck Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:32 pm

I think the suicide thing is harsh. However they should be made to pay back all those bonuses.
Now it will be an additional waste of money for the legal investigations into this.

Either way you're getting screwed.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/090317/usa/us_politics_insurance_public_aid_aig

WASHINGTON (AFP) - A prominent US Senator has suggested that top executives of the bailed-out insurer AIG ought to quit or kill themselves, which he described as the Japanese model of honorably taking responsibility.

Senator Charles Grassley, the top Republican on the Senate Finance Committee, told a radio station in his home state of Iowa that the insurance giant's shamed leaders had stoked public anger with lavish bonuses.

"The first thing that would make me feel a little bit better towards them [is] if they would follow the Japanese example and come before the American people and take that deep bow and say I'm sorry and then either do one of two things: resign or go commit suicide," Grassley told WMT radio.

"In the case of the Japanese, they usually commit suicide before they make any apology," he said after AIG awarded some 165 million dollars in bonuses -- going largely to the same London-based traders who brought ruin to the firm.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down