The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TinCaps first home game

+3
LTRT
Pez
Cincy Fan 44
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

TinCaps first home game Empty TinCaps first home game

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:59 am

So did anybody on here go to the game, or at the very least watch it on Comcast? Come on LTRT, I know you must of had a front row seat behind home plate!!!

What I saw of it on TV was impressive...most impressive. Definitely a very beautiful ballpark, and one I think we should be proud of. That shot of the city over the outfield walls is simply outstanding!!! I do hope it's successful for the city overall.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

TinCaps first home game Empty Re: TinCaps first home game

Post  Pez Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:00 am

I didnt do either, but the shot in the paper this morning was pretty cool... I too hope for it's success... I took my kids there for the easter egg hunt and it looked like a really cool place to watch a game. At the risk of blaspheming, it reminded me of Wrigley Field... an urban, traditional ballpark. Memorial Stadium may or may not have been adequate, but it isn't nearly as nice as this.

At least if they are going to squirrel away our tax money into something, they did it to build something beautiful.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:26 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:So did anybody on here go to the game, or at the very least watch it on Comcast? Come on LTRT, I know you must of had a front row seat behind home plate!!!

What I saw of it on TV was impressive...most impressive. Definitely a very beautiful ballpark, and one I think we should be proud of. That shot of the city over the outfield walls is simply outstanding!!! I do hope it's successful for the city overall.

Nope, nada...I even avoided watching the local news at 6 & 11p. It's only been their top story since Monday, why you would've thought we just elected the first female President or something. Rolling Eyes What I did catch was the first story posted online after the win and LOL after I read the line, "A crowd of 8,208, the largest ever for a professional baseball game in Fort Wayne", oops I forgot they do get paid a few bucks don't they. All I know is if I see this clown Jason Freier on the street, I'm going to ask him how many other city politicians across the country his Hardballs company has paid off.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:34 am

Did anyone hear about parking snarls or anything? 8,000 people downtown is something that hasn't happened in a while.

I am of the opinion that regardless if Harrison Square is right or wrong, at least they didnt build a crappy stadium with our tax money. I'd much rather support it than hate it.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:41 pm

I've got a ten spot that says average attendance thru the summer will be 3500-4000.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:02 pm

LTRT wrote:I've got a ten spot that says average attendance thru the summer will be 3500-4000.

ok... I will bet average attendance is over 4000... we can settle at the end of the season.... if you win, I will change my signature to whatever you want it to be... If I win, you have to change your signature to "Pelosi 2016!"

deal?

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:06 pm

Pez wrote:
LTRT wrote:I've got a ten spot that says average attendance thru the summer will be 3500-4000.

ok... I will bet average attendance is over 4000... we can settle at the end of the season.... if you win, I will change my signature to whatever you want it to be... If I win, you have to change your signature to "Pelosi 2016!"

deal?
I think LTRT should have to pledge allegiance to the Buckeyes instead! Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:20 pm

Pez wrote:

deal?

Before an agreement is made, there has to be a time limit for the new sig, and a post per week minimum. I say 12 months for the sig and 5 posts per week minimum.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:24 pm

IrishGuy wrote:
Pez wrote:

deal?

Before an agreement is made, there has to be a time limit for the new sig, and a post per week minimum. I say 12 months for the sig and 5 posts per week minimum.

A mandatory minimum period of time, yes. We shouldn't need daily/weekly post quotas, all of the past posts will display the new signature(s).
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:31 pm

meta4 wrote:
IrishGuy wrote:
Pez wrote:

deal?

A mandatory minimum period of time, yes. We shouldn't need daily/weekly post quotas, all of the past posts will display the new signature(s).

True, but those old posts fall behind. New posts will keep LTRT's support for Pelosi, or Pez's support for Rush or Beck live and fresh for everyone to see.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:17 pm

What I want to know is did everyone give King Richard a standing ovation? Twisted Evil
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:49 pm

Do you mean Graham Richards? LOL
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:20 pm

meta4 wrote:Do you mean Graham Richards? LOL

I know this probably won't change your mind, but it gave me quite the belly laugh. Very Happy

Parkview Field Opening Day
http://aroundfortwayne.info/blog/?p=4042#more-4042

In the above, dignitaries are gathered to throw out the first ceremonial pitch. But for some reason, former Mayor Graham Richard was detached from what was happening behind him. At one point, he walked off the field to greet someone in the dugout area. For me, this was another visual reminder of Richard’s insistence and support of this project, even without the backing of a community majority.

On that day, the crowd had poured out from the Grand Wayne Center and crossed Jefferson Boulevard into the project area, halting traffic. On the way back, Mayor Graham Richard took the lead back to the Grand Wayne Center, by shouting over his shoulder for everyone to follow him. He added, “…and this time let’s take the crosswalk!” At the sidewalk, the Mayor turned right to head towards the cross walk, while the vast majority went straight across Jefferson Boulevard. For me, this became a symbolic image for the Harrison Square project. Mayor Graham Richard leading one way, while the majority of the community hesitated or went the other way.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue May 05, 2009 9:18 pm

Pez wrote:

deal?

LOL, yesterday's attendance was 2351, didn't know the "thrill" would leave town so soon. Suspect
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 06, 2009 9:24 am

One egg, two egg, red egg, blue egg, five, six, seven.

Cool
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed May 06, 2009 1:49 pm

LTRT wrote:
Pez wrote:

deal?

LOL, yesterday's attendance was 2351, didn't know the "thrill" would leave town so soon. Suspect
LTRT, do you have a source on that? Not because I doubt you, but just so I can rub it in the face of a supporter of the new ballpark on another message board. Twisted Evil
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Wed May 06, 2009 2:05 pm

Markwes wrote:
LTRT, do you have a source on that? Not because I doubt you, but just so I can rub it in the face of a supporter of the new ballpark on another message board. Twisted Evil

Check the linescores in the newspaper. Sometimes they list the attendance.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed May 06, 2009 2:44 pm

Markwes wrote:
LTRT wrote:
Pez wrote:

deal?

http://midwest.league.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=l_att&lid=118&sid=l118

From the Midwest League website...
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 06, 2009 2:53 pm

That's funny. Is it just the way I'm reading this or is the average still above 4K?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed May 06, 2009 3:06 pm

meta4 wrote:That's funny. Is it just the way I'm reading this or is the average still above 4K?

Yea by 68 pairs of cheeks in the seats...

With continued rates like the other day, those 68 people will soon drop off the map. Cool
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 06, 2009 3:29 pm

LTRT wrote:
meta4 wrote:That's funny. Is it just the way I'm reading this or is the average still above 4K?

With continued rates like the other day, those 68 people will soon drop off the map. Cool

Sounds like you need to stock up on chicken feed. Cool
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed May 06, 2009 3:42 pm

meta4 wrote:
LTRT wrote:

Can you stop by the General Store for me on your way home, I'm good for it. Laughing
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Wed May 06, 2009 4:53 pm

Memorial stadium attendance was only about 3600 per game last year... I didnt realize LTRT was setting me up...

Even still, attendance is up by comparison... 4068 vs 3661 in 2008....

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 06, 2009 5:10 pm

LTRT wrote:
meta4 wrote:
LTRT wrote:

Can you stop by the General Store for me on your way home, I'm good for it. Laughing

What's the going rate for FedEx-ing 100# of chicken feed? You may be good for it, but I'll adjust my trip charge fee proportional to the fee for an overnight express from FedEx.

FedEx ships overnight, max. 20# per box, so we'd need 5 boxes for 100# of feed. Total comes to $381 + $150 for the feed (Delivered by FedEx by 8:30 am). Now since I deliver *custom* and faster, it will be there by 8:30 PM. I'll have to charge you at least double. $912.00 - cash only, cuz you're good for it!

cheers lol!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed May 06, 2009 11:23 pm

I think there are some factors in play here for why attendance 'may' not be hitting expectations...

1) Economy
2) Economy
3) Economy
4) School is still in session.

I think they'll see a bump in attendance once school lets out, at least that's what usually happens to the Reds.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down