The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The NFL Draft

5 posters

Go down

The NFL Draft Empty The NFL Draft

Post  IrishGuy Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:39 am

Pez, or others here, the NFL Draft is Saturday and Sunday. What do you think the Colts will do this year?

I see 5 needs for this team, hopefully all will be addressed one way or another this weekend. In no particular order, mostly because the Colts draft always seems like a mystery to me, I see need for improvement at RB, WR, LB, CB and DT. I think we will find out alot about what the suits think about the 2nd, 3rd and even 4th string RB's and WR's after this weekend.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

The NFL Draft Empty Re: The NFL Draft

Post  Pez Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:01 am

I'd like to see them pick up a DT first... I'm probably in the minority to think we dont need improvement at WR (additional depth, yea), but I would look for a cheap vet min FA vs drafting a WR... the RB position is odd... we need someone there, but we've been shopping rhodes... you Mighta saw my post on the colts board that I cant understand why pickeding Rhodes back up for 09 isnt a given...

Overall, I would be happy with a fat DT from the draft, maybe another from FA, a LB that can help with run support and back up the young OL... and a CB with a lot of speed and good hands...

Knowing Polian, he's going to piock up a center, a QB and a kicker... in three years we will figure Out how brilliant he is :-)

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:05 am

Rhoades just signed with Buffalo or cleveland. He is gone.

I'm just waiting for the continue decline of the Colts......
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:31 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:Rhoades just signed with Buffalo or cleveland. He is gone.

I'm just waiting for the continue decline of the Colts......

That's why I was saying we will see what the suits think of the 2, 3, and 4 RB's and WR's. I figured bringing back Rhodes was a given also. Only thing is, now he has 5 or 6 years in the league and I bet his league minimum is pushing 1 million per year. They have Hart, Ball and Simpson at RB on the roster on their low round draft or undrafted rookie contracts. They must think those guys are good enough, or they will draft a RB with the 27th pick.

Last edited by IrishGuy on Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:33 pm

Pez wrote:... I'm probably in the minority to think we dont need improvement at WR (additional depth, yea), :-)

I agree with you here. The Colts have a number of relatively big and tall unknown receivers on the roster. We will see what Polian thinks of those guys most likely after Saturday. Roy Hall is still on the team for some reason. He must be good or something.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:56 pm

Too bad the Bengals can't draft a new owner. That's their biggest need.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:09 pm

I think the Colts should draft a pastor, because prayer is the only chance they have of making it far.

Heh heh, I know. A Bears fan trash talking is kind of like the Lions predicting 3 wins. Razz
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:20 pm

Markwes wrote:I think the Colts should draft a pastor, because prayer is the only chance they have of making it far.

Heh heh, I know. A Bears fan trash talking is kind of like the Lions predicting 3 wins. Razz
Did I hear right that Orlando Pace is now a Bear? I'm surprised he hasn't retired...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:55 am

Markwes wrote:I think the Colts should draft a pastor, because prayer is the only chance they have of making it far.

Heh... Tony Dungy just left... wonder if thats how we've been doing so well... I just want another playoff win... then anything goes...

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down