The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fox News Leads Cable News Networks

+4
Pez
floridafun
Cincy Fan 44
Markwes
8 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Fox News Leads Cable News Networks Empty Fox News Leads Cable News Networks

Post  Markwes Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:30 pm

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/277946-Cable_News_Ratings_Fox_News_Channel_Still_On_Top.php

Fox News Channel was once again the top-rated cable news network for the month of May, another newsy month that included the announcement of Supreme Court Justice David Souter’s retirement, the ongoing American automotive industry crisis and dueling national security speeches from President Obama and former vice president Dick Cheney.

MSNBC again topped CNN in primetime in the 25-54 demographic, the third consecutive month MSNBC has beaten CNN in the demo.

FNC had nine of the top-ten programs in cable news among total viewers, posting a 30% increase in primetime in the 25-54 demographic compared to May 2008, according to Nielsen Media Research. MSNBC was down 9% and CNN was down 37%. HLN was up 40% to come within 2,000 viewers of CNN in the demo. MSNBC averaged 250,000 viewers in the demo in primetime to finish in second place behind CNN (194,000 viewers) and HLN (192,000 viewers). But FNC’s primetime demo tune-in beat MSNBC and CNN’s combined, averaging 463,000 demo viewers.

Gee, such a biased network is blowing out everyone else? That's okay, keep referring to them as Faux News while they rake in the advertising dollars.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Fox News Leads Cable News Networks Empty Re: Fox News Leads Cable News Networks

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:33 pm

I'm so proud of FOX...the right network at the right time at the right place... Very Happy
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:29 am

Markwes wrote:http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/277946-Cable_News_Ratings_Fox_News_Channel_Still_On_Top.php

Fox News Channel was once again the top-rated cable news network for the month of May, another newsy month that included the announcement of Supreme Court Justice David Souter’s retirement, the ongoing American automotive industry crisis and dueling national security speeches from President Obama and former vice president Dick Cheney.

MSNBC again topped CNN in primetime in the 25-54 demographic, the third consecutive month MSNBC has beaten CNN in the demo.

FNC had nine of the top-ten programs in cable news among total viewers, posting a 30% increase in primetime in the 25-54 demographic compared to May 2008, according to Nielsen Media Research. MSNBC was down 9% and CNN was down 37%. HLN was up 40% to come within 2,000 viewers of CNN in the demo. MSNBC averaged 250,000 viewers in the demo in primetime to finish in second place behind CNN (194,000 viewers) and HLN (192,000 viewers). But FNC’s primetime demo tune-in beat MSNBC and CNN’s combined, averaging 463,000 demo viewers.

Gee, such a biased network is blowing out everyone else? That's okay, keep referring to them as Faux News while they rake in the advertising dollars.

Cheney and company only have one channel to get their news so all conservatives watch ONE cable channel ... liberals have CNN, MSNBC, HNN etcc ... not a fair comparision.

Next ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:02 am

Bman wrote:
Markwes wrote:http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/277946-Cable_News_Ratings_Fox_News_Channel_Still_On_Top.php

Cheney and company only have one channel to get their news so all conservatives watch ONE cable channel ... liberals have CNN, MSNBC, HNN etcc ... not a fair comparision.

Next ...
So is your point that the other channels are biased in reporting their news to libs, or that they are not smart enough to go after the conservative market? By the way, I'm not sure if you read this part, but these ratings are based on the 25-54 demographic. I don't think Cheney falls into that category. Speaking of Cheney, his approval rating is actually higher than Nancy Pelosi.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/120761/Cheney-Pelosi-Poor-Ratings-Common.aspx
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:43 am

I think Foxnews beats the other networks even after you total up the combined viewership of CNN, MSNBC, and HNN. Interesting since Obama won the election pretty easily that you would think the liberal networks would be winning the ratings. Maybe Americans don't vote down party lines as much as we think.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:03 am

as i stated in another thread, the reason their ratings are high is simple..entertainment factor. most of their reporting is good for a laugh and not much else. well to many folks anyway. guess those desperate to believe the sky is falling because a muslim is now our president are not fed on other stations as well as they are on faux.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:49 am

floridafun wrote:as i stated in another thread, the reason their ratings are high is simple..entertainment factor. most of their reporting is good for a laugh and not much else. well to many folks anyway. guess those desperate to believe the sky is falling because a muslim is now our president are not fed on other stations as well as they are on faux.
You're entitled to that opinion but I really don't think that's the case. Every time I have watched Hannity or O'Reilly, I'm not laughing or otherwise entertained. By contrast, liberals are more easily entertained by articles such as "10 Conservative Women I'd Love to Hate-Fu**".
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:01 am

Every time I try to watch Oelberman I think "He should have never left Sportscenter." Every time I try to watch Madcow, I see desperation...desparation in trying to get people to watch her.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:05 pm

Markwes wrote:So is your point that the other channels are biased in reporting their news to libs, or that they are not smart enough to go after the conservative market? By the way, I'm not sure if you read this part, but these ratings are based on the 25-54 demographic. I don't think Cheney falls into that category. Speaking of Cheney, his approval rating is actually higher than Nancy Pelosi.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/120761/Cheney-Pelosi-Poor-Ratings-Common.aspx

Interesting about the approval ratings... according to your chart there are more people that approve of Cheney than pelosi, AND there are more people that disapprove of Cheney than Pelosi.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:36 pm

Markwes wrote:
floridafun wrote:as i stated in another thread, the reason their ratings are high is simple..entertainment factor. most of their reporting is good for a laugh and not much else. well to many folks anyway. guess those desperate to believe the sky is falling because a muslim is now our president are not fed on other stations as well as they are on faux.
You're entitled to that opinion but I really don't think that's the case. Every time I have watched Hannity or O'Reilly, I'm not laughing or otherwise entertained. By contrast, liberals are more easily entertained by articles such as "10 Conservative Women I'd Love to Hate-Fu**".

This is ridiculous. Do I even need to say you sound like Rush? That "...I'd love to hate fuck." comes from a Playboy blog spinoff of an article in Playboy titled "10 conservative women we love to hate." I'd set that down next to any comment on YouTube. Consider your source. - the internet.

You are really starting to scare me. First your lumping all liberals humor preferences together. What's next? Adding a dash or a dab of "morally void tree hugging rapists" can't be too far behind.

A good well doesn't GIVE both salty and sweet water.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:46 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Every time I try to watch Oelberman I think "He should have never left Sportscenter." Every time I try to watch Madcow, I see desperation...desparation in trying to get people to watch her.

Then it sounds to me you're saying he's tolerable. Every time I hear Rush I turn the channel. Nearly every time I see Hannity or Beck I leave the room, turn the channel, or turn off the TV.

I don't look for entertainment, or speculation in my news. Just the facts.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:11 pm

who is madcow again? O'donnell?

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:47 pm

Pez wrote:who is madcow again? O'donnell?
oops, just a slip of the keyboard...rachel maddow...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:01 pm

Lest we forget the tea leaves that are Faux News and all of it's contributors...

I submit this great commentary on Campbell Brown.

http://hisvorpal.wordpress.com/2008/12/03/campbell-brown-sexist-pig/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:26 pm

meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote:

This is ridiculous. Do I even need to say you sound like Rush? That "...I'd love to hate fuck." comes from a Playboy blog spinoff of an article in Playboy titled "10 conservative women we love to hate." I'd set that down next to any comment on YouTube. Consider your source. - the internet.

You are really starting to scare me. First your lumping all liberals humor preferences together. What's next? Adding a dash or a dab of "morally void tree hugging rapists" can't be too far behind.

A good well doesn't GIVE both salty and sweet water.
Gee you're becoming Mr. Sensitivity lately. Guess I should have added a little smiley face so as you would not be offended. Yes, I'm well aware that it came from a blog associated with Playboy. So what? You don't seem bothered when FF lumps all Christians into one category. And may I point out that during the last campaign you seemed to find humor in how hot Sarah Palin is but how completely unfit for the job she was. But that's different...
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:59 pm

Fox News Leads Cable News Networks Campbellbrowncnn

Does that face look bizarre to anyone but me?

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:40 am

Pez wrote:Fox News Leads Cable News Networks Campbellbrowncnn

Does that face look bizarre to anyone but me?

Her cheek bones look like she's wearing a mask or something.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:55 am

I didnt think it was just me... the pouty lower lip is weird too... I guess I wouldnt say the same about Tom Brokaw or Charles Kuralt, but this is obviously a "pretty picture"... fair game...

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:07 am

Markwes wrote:
Gee you're becoming Mr. Sensitivity lately. Guess I should have added a little smiley face so as you would not be offended. Yes, I'm well aware that it came from a blog associated with Playboy. So what? You don't seem bothered when FF lumps all Christians into one category. And may I point out that during the last campaign you seemed to find humor in how hot Sarah Palin is but how completely unfit for the job she was. But that's different...

Campbell Brown is not a heart beat away from the Presidency for a man who is almost 80 and had melanoma 3 times ... Sarah was INCOMPETENT for the job you put her up for but by all means pick her in 2012, I plead with you guys.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:17 am

Almost 80??? Come on Bman you're smarter than that. McCain is 72. I guess that makes you almost a senior citizen.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:05 am

Markwes wrote:Gee you're becoming Mr. Sensitivity lately. Guess I should have added a little smiley face so as you would not be offended. Yes, I'm well aware that it came from a blog associated with Playboy. So what? You don't seem bothered when FF lumps all Christians into one category. And may I point out that during the last campaign you seemed to find humor in how hot Sarah Palin is but how completely unfit for the job she was. But that's different...

I have no idea what sensation has to do with your learned behavior of grouping and smearing liberals in stereotype. Were you referring to my sensitivity to bullshit, Ms. Brown, or are you still sore about the incompetently hot Sarah Palin for VP? That shit was weak.

If you're trying to compete with FF for who can wear the jade specs, go ahead. She doesn't represent my viewpoint of "christians", and I doubt very seriously she'd change my perspective on them, much. I find her diatribes thoughtful and witty at times, often provoking additional consideration of humanity's blind spots. I agree with her some times, but not all the time.

Man, I'm with sankofa... I'd make a candle light dinner for Sarah.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:44 pm

Bman wrote:
Markwes wrote:

Campbell Brown is not a heart beat away from the Presidency for a man who is almost 80 and had melanoma 3 times ... Sarah was INCOMPETENT for the job you put her up for but by all means pick her in 2012, I plead with you guys.
When did I say anything about Campbell Brown?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:05 pm

meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote:Gee you're becoming Mr. Sensitivity lately. Guess I should have added a little smiley face so as you would not be offended. Yes, I'm well aware that it came from a blog associated with Playboy. So what? You don't seem bothered when FF lumps all Christians into one category. And may I point out that during the last campaign you seemed to find humor in how hot Sarah Palin is but how completely unfit for the job she was. But that's different...

I have no idea what sensation has to do with your learned behavior of grouping and smearing liberals in stereotype. Were you referring to my sensitivity to bullshit, Ms. Brown, or are you still sore about the incompetently hot Sarah Palin for VP? That shit was weak.

If you're trying to compete with FF for who can wear the jade specs, go ahead. She doesn't represent my viewpoint of "christians", and I doubt very seriously she'd change my perspective on them, much. I find her diatribes thoughtful and witty at times, often provoking additional consideration of humanity's blind spots. I agree with her some times, but not all the time.

You need to take a valium or something. I was referring to your "you're starting to scare me" and "sounding like Rush" crap. It was meant to be a light-hearted comment on what liberals find entertaining, Mr. Sensitivity. Funny that you go off on that and ignore my main point which was refuting FF's claim that Fox News has high ratings because of its entertainment value.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:23 pm

Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:

You need to take a valium or something. I was referring to your "you're starting to scare me" and "sounding like Rush" crap. It was meant to be a light-hearted comment on what liberals find entertaining, Mr. Sensitivity. Funny that you go off on that and ignore my main point which was refuting FF's claim that Fox News has high ratings because of its entertainment value.

I responded with a light hearted reflection on the rest of your post, not just focusing on one part of it. If you really meant to say only that.

I'm not trying to best your strategy of name calling or play into your Mr. Sensitivity characterization. If you're "roundabout" referring to how my tone has changed since I dropped my mod powers, you're correct. I dropped mod specifically so I could be more vocal and less tolerant of the complete bullshit some here try to spew. Back then, I thought we could be more civil and avoid direct insults by merely clicking a link. That idea didn't seem to be appreciated by you bastards that jumped all over me for the Shindex. We didn't use smiley's to enforce civility then, why would we start now?

Oh, omnipotent smiley power, imbue me with thine entertaining extra sensory perception. Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next