The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gates Arrest Controversy / Obama's Statement

+5
iberlingirl
Pez
LTRT
SavoyTruffle
Cincy Fan 44
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Gates Arrest Controversy / Obama's Statement - Page 2 Empty Re: Gates Arrest Controversy / Obama's Statement

Post  Scooby01_98 Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:12 pm

The officer talked to her once he arrived on scene. When she made the 911 call she didn't give a description because of her location. If she stayed there and observed could she not later tell the officer that she got a better look at the subject and give a better description? Calling the officer a liar because he wrote his report off of his conversation with her vs the 911 report is a pretty good stretch of the imagination. I bet you didn't want your feeble brain to think about that possibility. No recording that I know of that conversation between Whalen and the officer.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Gates Arrest Controversy / Obama's Statement - Page 2 Empty Re: Gates Arrest Controversy / Obama's Statement

Post  Guest Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:17 pm

cough hot lapel mic cough cough
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:04 pm

Photo op, uh, I mean a round of beers, at the White House tonight. Gates Arrest Controversy / Obama's Statement - Page 2 64140
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:32 pm

Markwes wrote:Photo op, uh, I mean a round of beers, at the White House tonight. Gates Arrest Controversy / Obama's Statement - Page 2 64140

it's a "teaching moment"...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:27 am

i was impressed with the cop and how he presented himself and his view at his press conference. that still doesnt mean he did a legal thing according to mass state law by arresting a non-threatening no-suspiscion-of-being-armed citizen who was mad and yelling and demanding his badge number which he never did give the homeowner.

its only failure as a teaching moment will be that those in the general population who need most to learn from it..wont.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2