The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wild Wild Chicago

Go down

The Wild Wild Chicago Empty The Wild Wild Chicago

Post  LTRT Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:07 pm

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/police.deadly.force.2.1105766.html

Jul 29, 2009 8:06 am US/Central New Policy Allows Police To Shoot At Fleeing Cars
Previously, Shots Could Only Be Fired At Cars Used To Attack
CHICAGO (CBS) ― The Chicago Police Department has instituted a major change in policy regarding the use of deadly force.

Effective next Monday, police officers will be able to fire their guns under circumstances where they previously could not.

The new policy, from police Supt. Jody Weis and confirmed by WBBM Newsradio 780 Wednesday morning, allows police officers to shoot at fleeing vehicles if the driver or passengers are suspected of committing a felony.

The old policy allowed officers only to shoot at vehicles that pose a threat to them or others, such as if the driver were trying to run down the officer.

But now, officers need not be under attack to open fire.

Mike Krauser, WBBM 780
(© MMIX, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

affraid

Who's ready for a midnight stroll in the Windy City?
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

The Wild Wild Chicago Empty Re: The Wild Wild Chicago

Post  Guest Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:38 pm

I bet you would pull over from your Saturday midnight drive when you saw those red lights behind you now ... lol
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:17 pm

Bman wrote:I bet you would pull over from your Saturday midnight drive when you saw those red lights behind you now ... lol

You betcha!! Cool
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:40 pm

I can just see some poor old silver hair getting the silver bullet sometime soon. WTF? I can't understand the need to reinforce subjective judgment with lethal force. The officer will say he was aiming at the tires... the witnesses may or may not be able to corroborate. Another "innocent until proven guilty" will be dead without being punished. Oops!

Talk about a police state. Why don't we just go ahead and stop our vehicles, get out of the car, handcuff ourselves, and lay face down and wait for the police to arrive whenever we notice we forgot to use a turn signal to change lanes. Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down