The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minnesota Taxpayers Funding Religious School

2 posters

Go down

Minnesota Taxpayers Funding Religious School Empty Minnesota Taxpayers Funding Religious School

Post  Guest Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:41 pm

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/04/09/establishing-islam-in-minnesota/

Investigative columnist Katharine Kersten at the Minneapolis Star Tribune has been digging into Tarek ibn Ziyad Academy (TIZA), a public charter school that’s fronting for the Muslim American Society. When she asked to visit the government-funded school, an official told her the schedule was too hectic to accommodate her because of statewide testing. When Kersten found out that testing wouldn’t begin for several weeks, the school refused to return her calls and e-mails. Fortunately, one teacher was willing to spill the beans:

I don't care what religion it is, taxpayer money should not be supporting it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Minnesota Taxpayers Funding Religious School Empty Re: Minnesota Taxpayers Funding Religious School

Post  Guest Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:56 pm

You mean this school or any charter school with religious affiliation? By the way--- this school is not a religious institution and the original author quoted in Kersten's has taken her to task for mis-quoting and mis reporting.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Minnesota Taxpayers Funding Religious School Empty Re: Minnesota Taxpayers Funding Religious School

Post  Guest Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:18 pm

I don't think any taxpayer money should be used for religious purposes. We give people a charitable deduction for contributing to religious entities, every joe and jane american should not be footing a muslim school, a christian school, or a pagan school. I believe in EQUAL treatment for all.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:22 pm

Bman wrote:I don't think any taxpayer money should be used for religious purposes. We give people a charitable deduction for contributing to religious entities, every joe and jane american should not be footing a muslim school, a christian school, or a pagan school. I believe in EQUAL treatment for all.
Bman...I 'kind of' disagree...taxpayer $$$ goes to THE Ohio State University, and depending on how you look at it, THE OSU IS A religion of sorts... Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:28 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Bman wrote:I don't think any taxpayer money should be used for religious purposes. We give people a charitable deduction for contributing to religious entities, every joe and jane american should not be footing a muslim school, a christian school, or a pagan school. I believe in EQUAL treatment for all.
Bman...I 'kind of' disagree...taxpayer $$$ goes to THE Ohio State University, and depending on how you look at it, THE OSU IS A religion of sorts... Laughing

True, some of the most intelligent worshippers worship at the alter of the Buckeyes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:36 pm

Bman wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

True, some of the most intelligent worshippers worship at the alter of the Buckeyes.
Yeah, and those that sin against Buckeye Nation have to repent by saying 3 "Hang On Sloopys"... Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:38 am

i know there was alot of press a while back about the same kind of fed funded school in new york..i agree teaching religion practice. other than a philosophy course, is wrong in fed funded schools.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down