The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama urges Americans to get swine flu vaccine

+3
IrishGuy
Canuck
LTRT
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Obama urges Americans to get swine flu vaccine Empty Obama urges Americans to get swine flu vaccine

Post  LTRT Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:32 pm

LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Obama urges Americans to get swine flu vaccine Empty Re: Obama urges Americans to get swine flu vaccine

Post  Guest Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:41 pm

I have been considering it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Obama urges Americans to get swine flu vaccine Empty Re: Obama urges Americans to get swine flu vaccine

Post  Canuck Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:46 pm

Not me, I've never gotten a regular flu shot either.
I think by simple cleanliness and proper nutrition many illnesses could be avoided.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:59 pm

Canuck wrote:Not me, I've never gotten a regular flu shot either.
I think by simple cleanliness and proper nutrition many illnesses could be avoided.

Agreed, but I have 3 kids and either from me to them or them to me, I don't want to take a 1 in 5 chance that this thing will be a really really really bad one.

Still dunno, just considering it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:01 pm

Ditto, got one shot about 8 yrs ago, paid for by employer.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:09 pm

LTRT wrote:

The last time I had one was about 12-13 years ago before I went to Mexico. Gov said I had tuh. okay. Rolling Eyes
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:20 pm

meta4 wrote:
LTRT wrote:

The last time I had one was about 12-13 years ago before I went to Mexico. Gov said I had tuh. okay. Rolling Eyes

Did he also tell you to not drink the water? rabbit
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:26 pm

I don't plan on getting one. Mostly because I don't get along with needles very well.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:44 pm

LTRT wrote:
meta4 wrote:
LTRT wrote:

Did he also tell you to not drink the water? rabbit

Nah, he just wanted his fees and he gave me a nice booklet with my name and picture on it. While I was in Mituacan, I woke up one morning and opened the tent to reach for a pair of shorts and found a huge scorpion in my shorts.

No euphemisms. Just the facts.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:46 pm

IrishGuy wrote:Mostly because I don't get along with needles very well.

I don't either. I'd do it if I had to.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:06 pm

I think I'm going to get one. I talked to my doctor about it and he suggested that I have it done since I'm diabetic and in a higher risk category. We'll probably also have the twins done too since they'll be heading off to pre-school for the first time next week and will be exposed to God-know-what while they're there.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:13 pm

I will ... I can't wait to get one. Transplant receipient here.

You p-cats here who don't like needles should go to a dialysis unit and check out 14 gauge needles. I had two of them in my arm 3 times a week for almost 4 years.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:54 pm

i dont plan on getting the shot. but i am planning on it not getting too bad santa
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:59 pm

The doctor of a relative of mine told her not to get the shot yet. I guess he is apprehensive about the amount of testing that was done.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:42 am

LTRT wrote:

Ours is paid for by the government.

Also I really, really dislike needles.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:53 am

Markwes wrote:The doctor of a relative of mine told her not to get the shot yet. I guess he is apprehensive about the amount of testing that was done.

http://www.naturalnews.com/026717_swine_flu_flu_vaccine_swine_flu_vaccine.html

http://www.naturalnews.com/026955_swine_flu_vaccines_flu_vaccines.html

Those are two links from a site I check out.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:34 am

Bman wrote:I will ... I can't wait to get one. Transplant receipient here.

You p-cats here who don't like needles should go to a dialysis unit and check out 14 gauge needles. I had two of them in my arm 3 times a week for almost 4 years.

Kudos to you. I'm sure if I had to face needles on a regular basis it would be a different story. As of now, a needle hits my arm and I hit the floor. drunken
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:10 am

Homeland Security Sec'y: New infections expected
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090902/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/us_us_swine_flu

From the story:
"the best things we all can do are the very simple things" like thorough and frequent hand-washing and coughing into the sleeve.

Didn't our mother's hammer us with this? I know mine did. Cool
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:22 am

Canuck wrote:
Markwes wrote:The doctor of a relative of mine told her not to get the shot yet. I guess he is apprehensive about the amount of testing that was done.

http://www.naturalnews.com/026717_swine_flu_flu_vaccine_swine_flu_vaccine.html

http://www.naturalnews.com/026955_swine_flu_vaccines_flu_vaccines.html

Those are two links from a site I check out.

i read the swine flu articles and dont disagree with what they say, altho the use of terms like sheeple seemed to lend an unprofessional air. it seemed to me the site overall is one with the intention of selling snake oil products. there were some good common sense articles, but there were many more encouraging you to take this or that "natural" products which i found myself imagining billy mays shouting in excitement and confidence about thru my tee vee drunken ...order in the next hour and get 4 bottles for the price of one!!! LOL) i trust that i can eat a fairly healthy diet that will do me much more good than any supplement no matter who is pushing it.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:36 pm

What happened to the National Emergency?

Dropped from the media like a hot pancake, must've not be that bad huh? Did someone lie? Suspect

What we have now is rationing of what vaccine there is and for those who want it, they're told that they don't know when they can get it. Rolling Eyes
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:49 pm

It's the same thing here, people get all bent outta shape lining up from very early in the morning for this.

It's like a cult following.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:05 pm

I had a reservation to get the regular flu shot later this week (made it a few weeks ago), but they called and said they don't have it. I thought the reservation kept the shot there??? (Seinfeld reference)
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:06 pm

Rule #1: sell the sizzle, not the steak

live by it, die by it...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:30 pm

LTRT wrote:What happened to the National Emergency?

Dropped from the media like a hot pancake, must've not be that bad huh? Did someone lie? Suspect

What we have now is rationing of what vaccine there is and for those who want it, they're told that they don't know when they can get it. Rolling Eyes
You might recall John Kerry's ad in 2004 blaming Bush for a vaccination shortage. Funny we don't hear anything like that today blaming the current president.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:07 pm

Stop grinding the axe blade when you hit wood...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next