The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama urges Americans to get swine flu vaccine

+3
IrishGuy
Canuck
LTRT
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Obama urges Americans to get swine flu vaccine - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama urges Americans to get swine flu vaccine

Post  Guest Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:08 pm

meta4 wrote:Stop grinding the axe blade when you hit wood...

Can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Obama urges Americans to get swine flu vaccine - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama urges Americans to get swine flu vaccine

Post  Markwes Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:25 am

meta4 wrote:Stop grinding the axe blade when you hit wood...
I'm not grinding anything, just stating a fact. Do you have any counter argument?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:46 am

I guess I missed the part where "national emergency" means that there will be enough vaccine immediately for everyone now... I guess I'm not much of a News watcher these days unless it's NPR, buit I never got an impression aside from the one that stated they were working to produce the vaccine as quickly as possible, and encouraging the higher priority individuals (children, healthcare workers etc) to get inoculated first... I think it's never been hidden by anyone that there likely would be a shortage of vaccine.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:59 am

Pez wrote:I guess I missed the part where "national emergency" means that there will be enough vaccine immediately for everyone now... I guess I'm not much of a News watcher these days unless it's NPR, buit I never got an impression aside from the one that stated they were working to produce the vaccine as quickly as possible, and encouraging the higher priority individuals (children, healthcare workers etc) to get inoculated first... I think it's never been hidden by anyone that there likely would be a shortage of vaccine.

Nice job on the deflecting/covering for the Prez, his administration and the news media through out the country.

(secret meetings with Gibbs?)
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:40 am

Well, now... sounds like a perfect opportunity to pass some secret wiretapping legislation under cover of night. Tomorrow we'll declare that we'll kick some other country's ass. We need a terror alert level for H1N1 set at "black" and we need to move Joe Biden to Greenbriar.

I mean, isn't that what we do during "emergencies"? Basketball
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:44 am

meta4 wrote:Well, now... sounds like a perfect opportunity to pass some secret wiretapping legislation under cover of night. Tomorrow we'll declare that we'll kick some other country's ass. We need a terror alert level for H1N1 set at "black" and we need to move Joe Biden to Greenbriar.

I mean, isn't that what we do during "emergencies"? Basketball
You forgot to mention that we need to waterboard every pig on every farm until one of 'em gives up the location of the swine flu culprit!
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:27 pm

LTRT wrote:
Pez wrote:I guess I missed the part where "national emergency" means that there will be enough vaccine immediately for everyone now... I guess I'm not much of a News watcher these days unless it's NPR, buit I never got an impression aside from the one that stated they were working to produce the vaccine as quickly as possible, and encouraging the higher priority individuals (children, healthcare workers etc) to get inoculated first... I think it's never been hidden by anyone that there likely would be a shortage of vaccine.

Nice job on the deflecting/covering for the Prez, his administration and the news media through out the country.

(secret meetings with Gibbs?)

k... I'm covering for the president, covering for his administration and covering for the news media how?

I guess when did anyone say that we would have enough vaccine on hand immediately? The CDC said the opposite, the media said the opposite, the adminitrsation said the opposite and that is what is true... I'm not sure what agenda you think I have, but covering for the media?? Really?

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:00 pm

Pez wrote:The CDC said the opposite, the media said the opposite, the adminitrsation said the opposite and that is what is true... I'm not sure what agenda you think I have, but covering for the media?? Really?

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/SwineFluNews/h1n1-vaccine-shortage-dogs-doctors-cdc-cites-delay/story?id=8847524

ABC News Medical Unit
Oct. 16, 2009

At a Friday briefing, Dr. Anne Schuchat, director of the CDC's National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, said that while the CDC had predicted there would be around 40 million doses available for use by end of the month, the new estimates have been slashed to 30 million or less – making it much more challenging for states to vaccinate their populations for several weeks to come.

Just saying that before they (CDC, et al.) create the fear in epedemic proportions maybe they ought to be a little more precise with their public reporting of doses. 10 million is quite the range of error, but considering we're in the age of fudging numbers, I suppose it's not that bad. Smile
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:08 pm

So I'm deflecting and covering for the media how? Do you want Obama to go to Pfizer and burn the midnight oil mixing up batches himself? Seriously??

Even if the CDC's estimate of 40 million was correct there would still be a shortage, and the CDC was up front about that shortage... Do you think the Obama administration asked the CDC to over-estimate their figures? Do you think the media asked the CDC to over estimate their figures?

I'm just trying to figure out where you are looking for the conspiracy here, aside from the fact that it happens to be democrats in the white house and the CDC is a government entity, therefore the CDC's estimate being 25% off is an Obama backed agendum? (ESPN voice, C'mon Man!)

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:41 pm

LTRT,

Although I am our self appointed magistrate... It's time you were judged. YSIW! cheers
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:19 pm

Pez wrote:I'm just trying to figure out where you are looking for the conspiracy here, aside from the fact that it happens to be democrats in the white house and the CDC is a government entity, therefore the CDC's estimate being 25% off is an Obama backed agendum? (ESPN voice, C'mon Man!)

meta4 wrote:LTRT,

Although I am our self appointed magistrate... It's time you were judged. YSIW! cheers

Point is: there was/is no need to declare a national emergency as previously spoken by the potus.

Don't care if MSIW, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. Cool
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:32 pm

The hype is not only in the US.
It is exactly the same thing here. The media just keep pushing the H1N1.

We're experiencing the same shortages and all that crap.

All the same I don't plan on getting this vaccine.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/091112/health/health_flu_poll_government_media
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:44 am

stoopid obama..impeach him! he will probably start taking away guns any minute! just another damned if he does and damned if he doesnt thing. wwmd? (what would mitt do)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/oct/24/swine-flu-barack-obama

However, the White House said that declaring an emergency was a largely precautionary step aimed at allowing medical officials to bypass certain federal regulations in the event of a genuine disaster.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:54 am

floridafun wrote:stoopid obama..impeach him!
Well, that's a radical but interesting thought...
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:39 am

Markwes wrote:
floridafun wrote:stoopid obama..impeach him!
Well, that's a radical but interesting thought...

Maybe the next democratic president to be impeached would have the common decency to resign.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:42 am

"(what would mitt do)"

Must be the new leftist mantra. Rolling Eyes
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:46 am

LTRT wrote:"(what would mitt do)"

I'm not sure the letters WWMD are going to be printed up on bracelets any time soon...

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:51 am

Pez wrote:I'm not sure the letters WWMD are going to be printed up on bracelets any time soon...
Good one! Very Happy
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:57 am

Ok guys, he's onto our little leftist wordsmithing factory...

we gotta off 'im now.

drunken
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:05 pm

meta4 wrote:

Ok guys, he's onto our little leftist wordsmithing factory...

we gotta off 'im now.

drunken

Obama urges Americans to get swine flu vaccine - Page 2 309907 Obama urges Americans to get swine flu vaccine - Page 2 64140
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:26 pm

floridafun wrote:stoopid obama..impeach him! he will probably start taking away guns any minute! just another damned if he does and damned if he doesnt thing. wwmd? (what would mitt do)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/oct/24/swine-flu-barack-obama

However, the White House said that declaring an emergency was a largely precautionary step aimed at allowing medical officials to bypass certain federal regulations in the event of a genuine disaster.
Isn't that what Bush was kind of bashed for??? You know, warning us of "possible" threats after 9/11. Can we get a color code level for Swine Flu??? Maybe shades of pink?
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:33 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:You know, warning us of "possible" threats after 9/11. Can we get a color code level for Swine Flu??? Maybe shades of pink?

Noooooooooooo, not more Code Pink. affraid tongue
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2