The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama’s Address to Students or Students address back to Obama

+6
Pez
Markwes
SavoyTruffle
Cincy Fan 44
floridafun
LTRT
10 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Obama’s Address to Students or Students address back to Obama - Page 4 Empty Re: Obama’s Address to Students or Students address back to Obama

Post  floridafun Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:37 pm

it was no easy task finding children praising bush..but at long last i managed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-y2QghS2gU&feature=related
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Obama’s Address to Students or Students address back to Obama - Page 4 Empty Re: Obama’s Address to Students or Students address back to Obama

Post  LTRT Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:24 am

Just another isolated incident... Obama’s Address to Students or Students address back to Obama - Page 4 Icon_rolleyes

Public schools, what a great thing. Obama’s Address to Students or Students address back to Obama - Page 4 Fresse
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:41 am

Please posting a youtube from some individual who states this is a "public elementary school" ... I want PROOF that was a public elementary school.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:42 am

Now just stop that LTRT! It's nothing but sour grapes you right-wing, gun-totin', racist redneck! Razz
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:48 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Now just stop that LTRT! It's nothing but sour grapes you right-wing, gun-totin', racist redneck! Razz

Did he recruit you to AngryWhiteBoy also?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:52 am

Bman wrote:Please posting a youtube from some individual who states this is a "public elementary school" ... I want PROOF that was a public elementary school.

Read for yourself......

Video from Enka school gets national attention
http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090929/NEWS01/90929052
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:55 am

Bman wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Now just stop that LTRT! It's nothing but sour grapes you right-wing, gun-totin', racist redneck! Razz

Did he recruit you to AngryWhiteBoy also?
Check your scale...I think a little bit of you rubbed off on me... Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:00 am

Thanks for the article ... now that I have the rest of the facts rather than some crazy right wingers 55 second clip I completely support the school ... glad they allowed it.

from your link ...

“The final skit … recognized the most recent famous American, the first African-American to be elected president of the United States,” Blunt said in a statement. “This was not indoctrination. This was a lesson in American history and citizenship taken directly from the section of the N.C. Standard Course of Study entitled ‘Citizenship: People Making a Difference.'”

That portion of the state's elementary social studies curriculum is meant to expand students' concept of leaders in relationship to their communities. Students are supposed to study people of diverse groups, their cultures, religions, traditions and contributions to the community.

Lanter said he did not see a video of the entire program. He got the clip from a friend who works at a video store and copied it from a video brought in by a customer. Lanter refused to identify the friend or the store where he worked.

“It took a tiny bit of that program and turned it into something negative, and then it seemed like my daughter was involved in something negative,” said Peggie Seay, whose daughter was in the program and who works at the school.

“It surprised me that someone could have actually taken it any other way besides what it was: a third-grade program that was historical and positive and brought in all kinds of heroes who have changed our world or nation.”

Seay and other parents are most upset that images of their children, along with the name of their school, was placed on the Internet without their permission. The school received no complaints from parents who attended the program back in February, Principal Diane McEntire said.

Lanter said he did not see a video of the entire program. He got the clip from a friend who works at a video store and copied it from a video brought in by a customer. Lanter refused to identify the friend or the store where he worked.

“It took a tiny bit of that program and turned it into something negative, and then it seemed like my daughter was involved in something negative,” said Peggie Seay, whose daughter was in the program and who works at the school.

“It surprised me that someone could have actually taken it any other way besides what it was: a third-grade program that was historical and positive and brought in all kinds of heroes who have changed our world or nation.”

Seay and other parents are most upset that images of their children, along with the name of their school, was placed on the Internet without their permission. The school received no complaints from parents who attended the program back in February, Principal Diane McEntire said.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:20 am

Bman wrote:Please posting a youtube from some individual who states this is a "public elementary school" ... I want PROOF that was a public elementary school.

Wait when FF posts youtube video's we aren't suppose to question them as fact. We are just suppose to accept them without question.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:30 am

Bman wrote:Thanks for the article ... now that I have the rest of the facts rather than some crazy right wingers 55 second clip I completely support the school ... glad they allowed it.

from your link ...

“The final skit … recognized the most recent famous American, the first African-American to be elected president of the United States,” Blunt said in a statement. “This was not indoctrination. This was a lesson in American history and citizenship taken directly from the section of the N.C. Standard Course of Study entitled ‘Citizenship: People Making a Difference.'”

That portion of the state's elementary social studies curriculum is meant to expand students' concept of leaders in relationship to their communities. Students are supposed to study people of diverse groups, their cultures, religions, traditions and contributions to the community.

“It surprised me that someone could have actually taken it any other way besides what it was: a third-grade program that was historical and positive and brought in all kinds of heroes who have changed our world or nation.

Obama’s Address to Students or Students address back to Obama - Page 4 TOPS

As IF......workers or the administration of the school would actually say anything that wouldn't defend the incident. You think we're that naive?

"heroes who have changed our world"

And this includes our current prez? Obama’s Address to Students or Students address back to Obama - Page 4 Icon_rolleyes Continue on living in your delusion world...
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:02 am

I would like to see this N.C. Standard Course of Study that this lesson was "taken directly from".
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:19 am

Markwes wrote:I would like to see this N.C. Standard Course of Study that this lesson was "taken directly from".

http://www.ncpublicschools.org/curriculum/socialstudies/scos/2003-04/027thirdgrade

Sorry, but I couldn't find the section where children are instructed to chant the president's campaign mantra.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:43 pm

Bitter Bitter people!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:38 pm

Whadda' know, more kids singing and you can too with karoke on CNN. Rolling Eyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwYeIr_zzqw
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:08 am

floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:35 am

Tangent...Floridafun...I like your Reagan quote. Here are a couple of my favorites...

"My fellow Americans. I'm pleased to announce that I've signed legislation outlawing the Soviet Union. We begin bombing in five minutes." -joking during a mike check before his Saturday radio broadcast

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
Wink
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:21 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Tangent...Floridafun...I like your Reagan quote. Here are a couple of my favorites...

"My fellow Americans. I'm pleased to announce that I've signed legislation outlawing the Soviet Union. We begin bombing in five minutes." -joking during a mike check before his Saturday radio broadcast

Wink

OK Doe ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:26 pm

Bman wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Tangent...Floridafun...I like your Reagan quote. Here are a couple of my favorites...

Wink

OK Doe ...
Obama’s Address to Students or Students address back to Obama - Page 4 309907
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:32 pm

Ok, I'm just gonna sit here with my finger on to the "Doe Clock" reset button.

Carry on...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:56 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Bman wrote:

Wink

OK Doe ...
Obama’s Address to Students or Students address back to Obama - Page 4 309907

Hey when I bring abortion into a thread I get called Doe ... so if the shoe fits squeeze that size 13 in those wading boots she use to wear.

Obama’s Address to Students or Students address back to Obama - Page 4 309907 Obama’s Address to Students or Students address back to Obama - Page 4 309907 Obama’s Address to Students or Students address back to Obama - Page 4 309907 Obama’s Address to Students or Students address back to Obama - Page 4 309907
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:06 pm

Damn... this thread turned ugly... should probabaly abort it... unless people get offended by that sort of thing... after all it's a thread not a choice?

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:24 pm

Oh no...NOT the Quadruple finger!!!!!! affraid
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:13 pm

Abort, retry, FAIL!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:15 pm

Sorry LTRT, this thread is about to go through the worst kind of abortion... the late term kind.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:24 pm

meta4 wrote:Sorry LTRT, this thread is about to go through the worst kind of abortion... the late term kind.

meh.......but I am waiting to see when the best time to jump into the fray. Obama’s Address to Students or Students address back to Obama - Page 4 Icon_wink
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next