The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tearing down that wall..of separation

3 posters

Go down

tearing down that wall..of separation Empty tearing down that wall..of separation

Post  floridafun Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:35 am

<BLOCKQUOTE>
i am trying to recall reading in the bible about when jesus was feeding the fishies and loaves to the multitudes, he made a statement first about he was only doing it because the gays all promised to play nice and stay in the closet..

The Catholic Archdiocese of Washington said Wednesday that it will be unable to continue the social service programs it runs for the District if the city doesn't change a proposed same-sex marriage law, a threat that could affect tens of thousands of people the church helps with adoption, homelessness and health care.</BLOCKQUOTE>
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

tearing down that wall..of separation Empty Re: tearing down that wall..of separation

Post  Markwes Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:52 am

I'm glad to see you comment on how the church helps so many people. It gives a good perspective on how many would suffer without these great services. And here I thought you just post about the negative things done by Christian organizations.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

tearing down that wall..of separation Empty Re: tearing down that wall..of separation

Post  floridafun Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:11 am

yes its a true act of kindness to feed the hungry masses only if the politicians of that community conform to the religious convictions of that particular church body. they are so noble, i am sure their lord and savior is smiling upon their pure act of godly faith, so clearly aligned with the teachings of that same lord and savior.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:20 am

Markwes wrote:And here I thought you just post about the negative things done by Christian organizations.

Hey, there's value in airing blunders, no matter where they originate... Like announcing after Sunday church service that the Church Treasurer's father (who doesn't attend) was arrested for child molestation... that's the kind of thing churches do... uh to prevent gossip and stuff like that.

Now put yourself in the position of the Treasurer sitting there while this is going on...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:54 am

move this to this religion thread.........

sorry, forgot we don't have one, silly me... Arrow
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:37 pm

i was quite surprised by the hearings with the catholic church and church affiliated causes battling equality in DC. hadnt known the scope and breadth of fed, state etc funding they get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVj50a2dt4Y&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaYkLux1798&feature=related
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:38 am

floridafun wrote:yes its a true act of kindness to feed the hungry masses only if the politicians of that community conform to the religious convictions of that particular church body. they are so noble, i am sure their lord and savior is smiling upon their pure act of godly faith, so clearly aligned with the teachings of that same lord and savior.

You should take the log out of your own eye........ Remember reading that somewhere don't you?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:39 am

floridafun wrote:i was quite surprised by the hearings with the catholic church and church affiliated causes battling equality in DC. hadnt known the scope and breadth of fed, state etc funding they get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVj50a2dt4Y&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaYkLux1798&feature=related

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Rolling Eyes
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:40 am

meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote:And here I thought you just post about the negative things done by Christian organizations.

Hey, there's value in airing blunders, no matter where they originate... Like announcing after Sunday church service that the Church Treasurer's father (who doesn't attend) was arrested for child molestation... that's the kind of thing churches do... uh to prevent gossip and stuff like that.

Now put yourself in the position of the Treasurer sitting there while this is going on...

What church did that? I bet FF attends that one.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:25 pm

did you actually watch the vids kromie or did you just post your rolling-eyes to indicate a blind opinion as usual in your ignorant assumption it was lib-spewing anti-christian ravings not worthy of your rigid mind?
they are good, the church clearly explains their stance and what they are allowed to do up to this point, and are requesting an exemption for the things that they dont want to pass and be part of their charity work--there are other things where a blind eye i turned and he wants that to happen in the case of gay marriage rights..and explain rather well their reasoning..the other guy wants to find a way to work with the charities and wants the church to understand the frustration of taxpayers who are gay or have gay friends/family that their tax dollars support what they see as biased services. fed, state, and local are footing the bill for 75% of catholic charity services in dc.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:31 pm

Kroman wrote:
floridafun wrote:yes its a true act of kindness to feed the hungry masses only if the politicians of that community conform to the religious convictions of that particular church body. they are so noble, i am sure their lord and savior is smiling upon their pure act of godly faith, so clearly aligned with the teachings of that same lord and savior.

You should take the log out of your own eye........ Remember reading that somewhere don't you?

how does my post indicate i am blinded by a log in my eye? i stated facts of what they said they are willing to do and under which laws they will continue, and their reasoning of why they will cease if they have to render unto ceasar that which is ceasars legally speaking. they will take their seal of gods approval and go home.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down