The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merry Christmas!

+7
Canuck
Pez
loaner1
iberlingirl
Markwes
LTRT
awbinfortwayne
11 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Merry Christmas! - Page 4 Empty Re: Merry Christmas!

Post  Markwes Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:20 am

MichaelK wrote:Oh, and I'm sorry if I don't participate enough for your liking, Markwes, but hey, tough! You earned all you got. If the information I posted is somehow factually incorrect, please point out where it is so. But those were historical facts I found to contribute to the conversation - not opinion. Just because those things don't fit your preconceptions or indoctrination doesn't change how true they are.

But then, if you had any actual relevant objections, you wouldn't have questioned the information based on the age of the writer.

But hey, it's Christmas eve, and the legion of conservatards is in full hateful force! In a thread about Christmas even! I knew you wouldn't let me down!

Wink
The age of the writer is relevant. The people who think there is a "war on Christmas" - that apparently he is so annoyed about that he had to write a novel - probably grew up in towns where the season is about Christmas and nothing else. The world he grew up in has become more PC. Bottom line is why do you care what these people think?

Oh, and how is this a historical fact?
Drunkenness, promiscuity, and gambling weren't just permitted, they were encouraged.

How funny that you accuse someone of middle school tactics, then proceed to use the term "conservatards".

Anyway, Kroman is right. I'm wasting too much time on you. Why don't you just respond with "tough!" since that seems to be your standard reply?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggie Transplant Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:01 pm

I'll repeat - Merry Christmas! Isn't that what this thread is about? (charlie brown?)

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1124

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelK Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:05 pm

Markwes wrote:The age of the writer is relevant. The people who think there is a "war on Christmas" - that apparently he is so annoyed about that he had to write a novel - probably grew up in towns where the season is about Christmas and nothing else. The world he grew up in has become more PC. Bottom line is why do you care what these people think?

Ah, I see. You're just picking an irrelevant connection and trying to make something of it. Who cares why he wrote it, or if he was annoyed? That doesn't affect the underlying discussion. The point remains that the people who grew up in those towns can believe it's about jeebus all they want, but trying to force other people to believe that same thing and revising history in the process isn't right. This is the same sort of nonsense the Dominionists are up to. The age of the writer is irrelevant to the actual facts and history. Whether the world the writer grew up in "has become more PC" isn't the point, when "being PC" isn't what the problem is - it's the christian nutters attempting to revise history to their own ends.

And I wouldn't even call it being "more PC" (which I guess is your code for "more hostile to what you choose to believe.") I'd say it's "calling people on their revisionist bullshit."

You call that a novel, btw? Look, just because you don't like to process more than a soundbyte of information at once speaks no ill of what was written. You, on the other hand...

Markwes wrote:Oh, and how is this a historical fact?
Drunkenness, promiscuity, and gambling weren't just permitted, they were encouraged.

Are you denying that this was the case? How is it not?

Markwes wrote:How funny that you accuse someone of middle school tactics, then proceed to use the term "conservatards".

An apt description isn't the same thing as Kroman bringing totally irrelevant issues into a discussion, which is what I was referring to. Apparently you don't know the difference. Smile

Markwes wrote:Anyway, Kroman is right. I'm wasting too much time on you. Why don't you just respond with "tough!" since that seems to be your standard reply?

No, that's just the reply that got to you the most. Twisted Evil

Happy Holidays, and you're welcome for the entertainment!
MichaelK
MichaelK
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 73

http://iminurfortkillingurdudes.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:27 pm

MichaelK wrote:
Markwes wrote:The age of the writer is relevant. The people who think there is a "war on Christmas" - that apparently he is so annoyed about that he had to write a novel - probably grew up in towns where the season is about Christmas and nothing else. The world he grew up in has become more PC. Bottom line is why do you care what these people think?

Ah, I see. You're just picking an irrelevant connection and trying to make something of it. Who cares why he wrote it, or if he was annoyed? That doesn't affect the underlying discussion. The point remains that the people who grew up in those towns can believe it's about jeebus all they want, but trying to force other people to believe that same thing and revising history in the process isn't right. This is the same sort of nonsense the Dominionists are up to. The age of the writer is irrelevant to the actual facts and history. Whether the world the writer grew up in "has become more PC" isn't the point, when "being PC" isn't what the problem is - it's the christian nutters attempting to revise history to their own ends.

And I wouldn't even call it being "more PC" (which I guess is your code for "more hostile to what you choose to believe.") I'd say it's "calling people on their revisionist bullshit."

You call that a novel, btw? Look, just because you don't like to process more than a soundbyte of information at once speaks no ill of what was written. You, on the other hand...

Markwes wrote:How funny that you accuse someone of middle school tactics, then proceed to use the term "conservatards".

An apt description isn't the same thing as Kroman bringing totally irrelevant issues into a discussion, which is what I was referring to. Apparently you don't know the difference. Smile

Markwes wrote:Anyway, Kroman is right. I'm wasting too much time on you. Why don't you just respond with "tough!" since that seems to be your standard reply?

Anybody watching the Chargers/Titans game tonight?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:18 pm

Kroman wrote:
MichaelK wrote:

Anybody watching the Chargers/Titans game tonight?
I'm hoping to catch the game. By the way, Merry Christmas!
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4