The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The health care bills

+4
floridafun
Scooby01_98
awbinfortwayne
Pez
8 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The health care bills - Page 2 Empty Re: The health care bills

Post  LTRT Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:52 pm

floridafun wrote:fascinating.
edited---thanks mark and ltrt for sharing your views on the thread topic. but guess i already know your view...NO its communism!!

My only post outside of this one was a razz on Mark & Meta for arguing about spelling errors? Too much eggnog? drunken Razz
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:54 pm

LTRT wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Kroman wrote:Sounds like you're a prime candidate to sit on the death panal.

Spelling errors like this make me think your chimpanzee brothers will soon exile your ass to GibbonTown.

this is easier than 2nd grade, man... your computer has spell check...

Your thoughts are so lazy, you should have to hire someone to think for you.

just googled medicare fraud and found alot of hits, there was a big bust that included miami, nj, ny in july, i think there was a big bust earlier in the spring that included ca? i expect that will continue to be a focus of doj for obama remaining time as prez.
So you only look for spelling errors in posts of people you don't like?

No dickhead, I just want to feel what it's like to ignore someone's comment, and the topic entirely and post an insult in reply.

Are you really that thick that you can't see my method of reflecting Kroman's adolescent comments in reply as an example of how really lame they are?

"You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Whoa, that lovin' feeling,
You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...gone...wooooooh." Very Happy

i agree ltrt..this isnt really part of marks irrelevant rant..my bad The health care bills - Page 2 894597 The health care bills - Page 2 Lol
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:02 pm

If there ever is going to be a "public option"...should Congress have to subscribe to that one??? I think so. If they want it so bad, they should have to take it too!
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:08 pm

wishing i were sipping an eggnog.. The health care bills - Page 2 Drunken_smilie
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:33 pm

floridafun wrote:i agree ltrt..this isnt really part of marks irrelevant rant..my bad The health care bills - Page 2 894597 The health care bills - Page 2 Lol
Thanks for providing my laugh of the day. What comment did I make that you consider a rant?
And do you consider irrelevent? Maybe
palin/kromie 2012!
NO its communism!!
Oh never mind, those are your irrelevent rants.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:25 pm

I find it hilarious that Markwes entire day would have gone without a single laugh, save for floridafun's comment.

No offense to FF, that is just really, really sad.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:54 pm

meta4 wrote:I find it hilarious that Markwes entire day would have gone without a single laugh, save for floridafun's comment.

No offense to FF, that is just really, really sad.
My mistake. Your comments make me laugh too.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:20 pm

This thread is a sort of perfect example of why there is no consensus on health care reform. Many people don't know what it is they should be concerned about. Some think they need to read the bill to know what they need to be concerned about... there's some big secret sleeping dragon hidden somewhere, encoded in the pages of the legislation.

"Just swing the axe, Sir Lancelot, it doesn't really matter if you hit anything. You just look like you're doing something worthwhile... defending the kingdom from those nasty dragons. In fact, just holding that huge razor sharp axe pretty much guarantees nobody will want to mess with you."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:42 pm

meta4 wrote:This thread is a sort of perfect example of why there is no consensus on health care reform. Many people don't know what it is they should be concerned about. Some think they need to read the bill to know what they need to be concerned about... there's some big secret sleeping dragon hidden somewhere, encoded in the pages of the legislation.

Are you saying our legislators shouldn't read the bill? And if you think all who voted in favor of the senate & house bills have, well...
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:51 pm

meta4 wrote:

Spelling errors like this make me think your chimpanzee brothers will soon exile your ass to GibbonTown.

My computer has spell check. I type in "Prick" and spell check subsititutes "Meta" everytime. Just to make sure I wasn't going crazy I looked in the Thesaurus too. Another name for "Prick" is "Meta". Now that is a change I can believe in.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:52 pm

Kroman wrote:
meta4 wrote:

My computer has spell check. I type in "Prick" and spell check subsititutes "Meta" everytime. Just to make sure I wasn't going crazy I looked in the Thesaurus too. Another name for "Prick" is "Meta". Now that is a change I can believe in.

The health care bills - Page 2 431148
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:56 pm

meta4 wrote:

What a dufus. Now you have to make sure everything you post from here on out is grammatically correct or you will become the hypocrite I already know you are. Instead of you taking a day or two to dream up a response to a post it will probably take you three or four days now. Of course, after you collaborate with FF first. Watch those typos you dingbat!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:00 pm

floridafun wrote:thats the kind of logic i expect from you..i want only the most effective treatment/testing to be used, and the bonus of much lower cost is kinda nice too..so you equate that to a death panel.

because you dont have a bone marrow test, an eeg, an ekg, a cat scan, annually...UNLESS there are some kind of symptoms or history pointing at further exploration or monitoring, i am the death panel person because i am not out there insisting it is every americans right to have every known test run on every human annually in our great nation.

palin/kromie 2012!

So you want to intervene between a doctor and a patient and dictate what procedures should be used and should not be used in order to be more cost efficient. You sound like an insurance company too. Death "panal" and insurance companies. I never thought you would take their sides.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  awbinfortwayne Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:16 pm

meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:

just googled medicare fraud and found alot of hits, there was a big bust that included miami, nj, ny in july, i think there was a big bust earlier in the spring that included ca? i expect that will continue to be a focus of doj for obama remaining time as prez.
So you only look for spelling errors in posts of people you don't like?

No dickhead, I just want to feel what it's like to ignore someone's comment, and the topic entirely and post an insult in reply.

Are you really that thick that you can't see my method of reflecting Kroman's adolescent comments in reply as an example of how really lame they are?

You're not very nice!!!!!!!!

awbinfortwayne
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 60

Back to top Go down

Post  awbinfortwayne Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:17 pm

Kroman wrote:
meta4 wrote:

You're not very nice!!!!!!!

awbinfortwayne
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 60

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:19 pm

Kroman wrote:
meta4 wrote:

What a dufus. Now you have to make sure everything you post from here on out is grammatically correct or you will become the hypocrite I already know you are. Instead of you taking a day or two to dream up a response to a post it will probably take you three or four days now. Of course, after you collaborate with FF first. Watch those typos you dingbat!

Oh, grammar. My poor, poor, old grammar. Why, oh why, do people get your complex ways easily confused with the correct formation of words from letters?

Kroman, et. al. help me understand how a neanderthal brain like yours can recognize the difference between hypocritical and hyponoia?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:23 pm

floridafun wrote:there is in the senate version a "national" option which will be in the co-op section--operated by the same folks who operate the federal gov employees plan i think, this is pretty close to a public option, the big problem being the insurance companies and pharm industry will still be in complete control on cost-fixing and doing less for more for patients without a real public option.

but i am not giving up on a real public option until i read a final approved by both houses bill that does not have one. far as it being obamas fault...he is a constitutional lawyer and taught that topic at a college..i trust he knows how to implement a new program in a manner that will make it difficult to eliminate or make major structural changes to. this is a huge deal in our country..its time has come. add or change some stuff will be done over the years. if he adds the pub option as an executive order then wins a 2nd term, it will likely remain in place because so many will be benefiting by the time the 8 yr is up. if he adds it with exec order then loses the 2nd term it will certainly be suspended/stricken by next prez. its still sticky but even if doesnt get a pub option yet does have the national plan i will just work for change i want to see. i cant find my way to the whole blame obama idea..i will be thanking the teabaggers and just-say-no folks if pub option doesnt get included.

I don't think executive order is a possibility there; it would have to contain appropriations and only congress can appropriate money. It also takes 2/3 rds to overturn an existing law. So unless the dems have a major meltdown in 2010 & 2012 I don't see it being completely overturned. So the best bet would be the dems cannot agree on a final bill out of conference committee.

Of course after the initial 10 years when these costs skyrocket will be when the 2/3 rds might be possible.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:41 am

meta4 wrote:
Kroman wrote:
meta4 wrote:

Oh, grammar. My poor, poor, old grammar. Why, oh why, do people get your complex ways easily confused with the correct formation of words from letters?

Kroman, et. al. help me understand how a neanderthal brain like yours can recognize the difference between hypocritical and hyponoia?

I might as well explain it by asking a direct question to you, oh bright and omniscient one: "How do you keep a moron(meta) in suspense?" Answer: I'll tell meta later!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:09 am

Kroman wrote:
floridafun wrote:thats the kind of logic i expect from you..i want only the most effective treatment/testing to be used, and the bonus of much lower cost is kinda nice too..so you equate that to a death panel.

because you dont have a bone marrow test, an eeg, an ekg, a cat scan, annually...UNLESS there are some kind of symptoms or history pointing at further exploration or monitoring, i am the death panel person because i am not out there insisting it is every americans right to have every known test run on every human annually in our great nation.

palin/kromie 2012!

So you want to intervene between a doctor and a patient and dictate what procedures should be used and should not be used in order to be more cost efficient. You sound like an insurance company too. Death "panal" and insurance companies. I never thought you would take their sides.

i think we should use the one thats 99% ACCURATE instead of the one thats much less reliable accuracy. the accurate one being much cheaper to use is just a bonus..would think our supposed money-manager-wiz would appreciate the lesser cost just happens to be part of the more accurate instrument. if this thought makes me a death panel in your little mind thats fine.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:12 am

Kroman wrote:
meta4 wrote:

...remembering someone on a high horse months ago saying he never calls anyone names. he never makes his posts about the person, he sticks to commenting on topic The health care bills - Page 2 Icon_clown
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:19 am

floridafun wrote:far as the mamograms thing..it really irks me the pushing of this outdated comparatively excessively costly and low percentage success rate of this procedure. there is a relatively new "wand" device, i know at least 1 hosp in ft wayne uses it because there was a jg article in last year or so about it (unfortunately, only to verify after a positive is found on mamogram)..about the size of a puter mouse, they just run it across the entire breast surface and it shows red hot-spots where there are cancer cell clusters. 99% effective. cost of use estimated at 15.00.

and unless there is a family history of breast cancer it is stupid to do frequent mamograms or even annual physician feel-for-lumps exams primarily to be able to bill for it and to pay for their equipment even tho it has poor reliability ratings..yes there will be the occasional case where it was caught early thankfully with these exams. great for them, so keep doing those self exams if want to. i think of it like...we dont have brain scans periodically just to see if there is some tumor started there. we dont test bone marrow annually just to see if there are cancer cells there.

But wait a minute the whole reason for this (per the dems) was for preventive health care to save money from the expensive procedures from letting things wait by not visiting the doctor. This wasn't the only thing the panel came out with for cutting back and I can't think of it now. Wonder what else they will cut back to save money....hmmm; we don't have cavities every visit I guess we don't need to visit the dentist twice a year maybe every 3rd year. Polio, mumps, chicken pox those are rare (less than 9%) guess we can stop vaccinating the kiddies. That will save a few more bucks.

Of course I bet those 9% that found out they had breast cancer were happy they had those mammograms, but hey it's only 9% no big deal. So might as well not have this health care bill since those people without health ins don't need those tests anyway. They would have just mooching off the system with unnecessary tests.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:20 am

floridafun wrote:
Kroman wrote:

palin/kromie 2012!

i think we should use the one thats 99% ACCURATE instead of the one thats much less reliable accuracy. the accurate one being much cheaper to use is just a bonus..would think our supposed money-manager-wiz would appreciate the lesser cost just happens to be part of the more accurate instrument. if this thought makes me a death panel in your little mind thats fine.

So you want to stick your nose between a patient and his/her doctor. You're a classic death "panal" candidate.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:22 am

floridafun wrote:
Kroman wrote:
meta4 wrote:

...remembering someone on a high horse months ago saying he never calls anyone names. he never makes his posts about the person, he sticks to commenting on topic The health care bills - Page 2 Icon_clown

You must be referring to your old pal meta who calls people "Dickhead". That's acceptable for you isn't it?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:22 am

floridafun wrote:just googled medicare fraud and found alot of hits, there was a big bust that included miami, nj, ny in july, i think there was a big bust earlier in the spring that included ca? i expect that will continue to be a focus of doj for obama remaining time as prez.

Guess you would have to thank the Bush DOJ since major busts like that take awhile (months to years) to build the cases.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:24 am

floridafun wrote:
Kroman wrote:

palin/kromie 2012!

You should capitalize the first word of every sentence. Especially the first word of a paragraph. Didn't you learn this in elementary school?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next