The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why real change is a myth

Go down

Why real change is a myth Empty Why real change is a myth

Post  Guest Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:42 am

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/16/business/16bailout.html?ex=1366084800&en=f06f601002cb2f0a&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

Lawmakers bowing to pressure from lobbyists have tacked billions of dollars in corporate tax relief to a bill aimed at alleviating the mortgage/foreclosure crisis...

Our government is broken... This is so Ayn Rand it's not even funny... Seriously, what the hell are we supposed to be counting on?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Why real change is a myth Empty Re: Why real change is a myth

Post  Guest Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:54 am

pez wrote:http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/16/business/16bailout.html?ex=1366084800&en=f06f601002cb2f0a&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

Lawmakers bowing to pressure from lobbyists have tacked billions of dollars in corporate tax relief to a bill aimed at alleviating the mortgage/foreclosure crisis...

Our government is broken... This is so Ayn Rand it's not even funny... Seriously, what the hell are we supposed to be counting on?

A gnitting revolution?

ALL I REALLY NEED TO KNOW I LEARNED IN KINDERGARTEN

(a guide for Global Leadership)

All I really need to know about how to live and what to do and how to be I learned in kindergarten. Wisdom was not at the top of the graduate school mountain, but there in the sand pile at school.
These are the things I learned:

* Share everything.
* Play fair.
* Don't hit people.
* Put things back where you found them.
* Clean up your own mess.
* Don't take things that aren't yours.
* Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody.
* Wash your hands before you eat.
* Flush.
* Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.
* Live a balanced life - learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some.
* Take a nap every afternoon.
* When you go out in the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands and stick together.
* Be aware of wonder. Remember the little seed in the Styrofoam cup: the roots go down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are all like that.
* Goldfish and hamsters and white mice and even the little seed in the Styrofoam cup - they all die. So do we.
* And then remember the Dick-and-Jane books and the first word you learned - the biggest word of all - LOOK.

Everything you need to know is in there somewhere. The Golden Rule and love and basic sanitation. Ecology and politics and equality and sane living.

Take any one of those items and extrapolate it into sophisticated adult terms and apply it to your family life or your work or government or your world and it holds true and clear and firm. Think what a better world it would be if we all - the whole world - had cookies and milk at about 3 o'clock in the afternoon and then lay down with our blankies for a nap. Or if all governments had as a basic policy to always put things back where they found them and to clean up their own mess.

And it is still true, no matter how old you are, when you go out in the world, it is best to hold hands and stick together.
[Source: "ALL I REALLY NEED TO KNOW I LEARNED IN KINDERGARTEN" by Robert Fulghum. See his web site at http://www.robertfulghum.com/ ]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:40 pm

Great words to live by...thanks Meta. I would make the suggestion though that the author add "Don't eat paste or yellow snow!"
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:56 pm

Ya know, as a parent, I often wonder how I will ever be able to explain how the "grown ups" things came to be the way they are... All I am prepared to say now is "well, somethings you just have to accept the way they are" i.e. "it is what it is" and work on making them better. As Pez sez, "What the hell are we supposed to be counting on?"

Apparently, our elected leaders would answer that with "Your fingers and toes"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:29 pm

Viva la Revolucion!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:12 pm

Don't forget...

* Thou shall not be a Patriots or Yankees fan.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down