The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US to begin citigroup sale

3 posters

Go down

US to begin citigroup sale Empty US to begin citigroup sale

Post  Pez Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:03 pm

So we all spent 45 billion bailing out citigroup. We bought 25 billion worth of shares, and loaned them 20 billion. They repaid the loan in december, and based on the current share price, the shares will be sold for approximately 28 billion.

I was extremely skeptical that we would ever see any of that money again, and personally I'm still not convince we will, but here we are, the loan was repaid and our shares have made an 8 billion dollar (as yet unrealized) gain. Is anyone else surprised?

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

US to begin citigroup sale Empty Re: US to begin citigroup sale

Post  LTRT Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:01 pm

Pez wrote:So we all spent 45 billion bailing out citigroup. We bought 25 billion worth of shares, and loaned them 20 billion. They repaid the loan in december, and based on the current share price, the shares will be sold for approximately 28 billion.

I was extremely skeptical that we would ever see any of that money again, and personally I'm still not convince we will, but here we are, the loan was repaid and our shares have made an 8 billion dollar (as yet unrealized) gain. Is anyone else surprised?

I thought we did, but not according to this article. Twisted Evil

The Obama administration is making final preparations to sell its stake in the New York bank,...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/03/26/AR2010032604938_pf.html
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:09 am

Wow... I'm not sure I've ever seen weaker sh**... Where's that head scratching smiley... ah... scratch

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:33 am

Here is hoping they put the money loaned and profits from the sale back to the treasury to pay down the debt vs using it for some other stupid plan.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:38 am

Scooby01_98 wrote:Here is hoping they put the money loaned and profits from the sale back to the treasury to pay down the debt vs using it for some other stupid plan.
\

Agree... take it off the TARP bottom line...

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down