The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Presidential Race

+4
floridafun
LTRT
Markwes
Cincy Fan 44
8 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Presidential Race Empty Presidential Race

Post  Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:11 pm

Thought this was a great quote from this article (http://news.yahoo.com/page/election-2008-political-pulse-swing-voters)

"You can't trust Hillary and Obama's too young," said Pauline Holsinger, 60, a janitorial worker in Pensacola, Fla.

I don't necessarily agree with the Obama part, but I think that'll be his weakness if he wins. He has no experience. On the flip side McCain is old, so those two could cancel each other.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Presidential Race Empty Re: Presidential Race

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:23 am

cardinal5150 wrote:Thought this was a great quote from this article (http://news.yahoo.com/page/election-2008-political-pulse-swing-voters)

"You can't trust Hillary and Obama's too young," said Pauline Holsinger, 60, a janitorial worker in Pensacola, Fla.

I don't necessarily agree with the Obama part, but I think that'll be his weakness if he wins. He has no experience. On the flip side McCain is old, so those two could cancel each other.
Personally, if age is the factor between Obama and McCain, I'll take the younger guy. Something about a 70+ year old guy that just doesn't appeal to me for president. Petty? Of course. But I will look at their respective campaigns with an open mind, as long as it's McCain v. Obama. If it's Hillary, then McCain gets my vote.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:41 am

The dems have B.O. or HillBilly to choose from. Hmmm...
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:48 am

Markwes wrote:The dems have B.O. or HillBilly to choose from. Hmmm...
Laughing Yeah, and the repubs are stuck with John Wayne McCain...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:12 am

I'll take the Duke over Hillbill anyday, and probably over B.O.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:48 am

cardinal5150 wrote:I'll take the Duke over Hillbill anyday, and probably over B.O.

McCain won the Republican primary by default ... there were NO decent candidates. McCain was the status quo. And now we have LTRT saying McCain gets 4 years and then he gets to pick again in 2012 ... you people don't like your candidate, that is sad.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:05 am

Bman wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:I'll take the Duke over Hillbill anyday, and probably over B.O.

McCain won the Republican primary by default ... there were NO decent candidates. McCain was the status quo. And now we have LTRT saying McCain gets 4 years and then he gets to pick again in 2012 ... you people don't like your candidate, that is sad.

I'll take the GOP in the White House over a Dem anyday, 'nuff said. Very Happy
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:09 am

LTRT wrote:
Bman wrote:

I'll take the GOP in the White House over a Dem anyday, 'nuff said. Very Happy
LTRT...I used to have that same thought process, but 8 years of dub-ya (even though I voted for him each time) is enough of the repubs for me for now. I won't blindly vote REPUBLICAN any longer because of this president.

Now, if McCain inspired me in any way shape or form, I'd give him a chance. So far...zilch...nadda...zippo. Stay tuned...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:36 am

Bman wrote: you people don't like your candidate, that is sad.

I haven't chosen a candidate yet... I'm the guy who thinks all of them suck and now I feel compelled to make the "lesser of two evils" decision. I still reserve my non-partisan position because I think the two party system is old, outdated and frankly insulting to the average American's intelligence. If anything, I'd consider myself center libertarian.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:11 pm

This coming from someone who votes for a party who in the last two elections put forth candidates running on the "I'm not him" platform...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:22 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:

This coming from someone who votes for a party who in the last two elections put forth candidates running on the "I'm not him" platform...

Are you saying that was not enough of a reason? Really? Look around ... worst President since Herbert H. Hoover, and that is a quote from my financial advisor!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:06 pm

Bman wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:

Are you saying that was not enough of a reason? Really? Look around ... worst President since Herbert H. Hoover, and that is a quote from my financial advisor!

The last two dem candidates were getting votes because they "weren't the other guy" not because people liked them. Your financial advisor is not the source of sources for political advice? Given what I've seen from local financial advisors lately, it only makes sense, because they certainly aren't paying attention to the market.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:12 am

Interesting quote here from Bill...I wonder if he took his own advice...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx9kzhmjWTU&eurl=http://www.poetv.com/video.php?vid=34337
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:23 pm

obama had a poster with a pic of mr bill and this statement about voting for the candidate for hope instead of the one for fear at one of his recent stops Cool
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon May 05, 2008 12:54 pm

Interesting article about the Clinton and Obama plans for health care.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/05/paying_for_health_care_who_and.html
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 05, 2008 2:53 pm

I just heard some political guy who is for Hillary (and advised Bayh), he was pointing to Indiana as an example of how the gas tax holiday does work. I wonder if he paid any attention to the large deficit that it added to and how it was a bad idea in general.

My favorite is how Hillary is pointing to a windfall tax that will make up for the lost revenue... really.. you expect anyone to believe that by moving a tax from the left pocket to the right pocket it'll help? Man this lady is an f'ing moron.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 05, 2008 3:55 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:I just heard some political guy who is for Hillary (and advised Bayh), he was pointing to Indiana as an example of how the gas tax holiday does work. I wonder if he paid any attention to the large deficit that it added to and how it was a bad idea in general.

My favorite is how Hillary is pointing to a windfall tax that will make up for the lost revenue... really.. you expect anyone to believe that by moving a tax from the left pocket to the right pocket it'll help? Man this lady is an f'ing moron.

I agree... at first the idea of taxing the oil companies' windall profits should make up for the 18 cent tax, however if demand is unabated, then the gas companies only logical response would be to raise their prices. It also seems likely that the government would likely tax them More than the $0.18 per gallon, thus the net effect is everyone paying more... then by wintertime the 3 months election gimmick is over, and we have nothing... It's a bad idea, it's attacking a side effect of a symptom, let alone the root cause.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 05, 2008 4:36 pm

plus the windfall tax will never go away, so we'll have the pay the federal pump tax plus the windfall tax. Look at Indiana, sales taxes went up, so our price went up. If Indiana increases the tax rate, prices will go up again. To assume that the oil companies won't do the same is foolish.

And I completely agree, they are addressing symptoms, not issues.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Tue May 06, 2008 6:56 am

How much more can we take on taxes?

Its soon that we will have more taxes to pay then we make?

So then we all have a running total till we die how much we owe the govt.?

I like Meta's decision there isn't anyone to vote for And I'm compelled to vote ..so the lesser of two gets it
drunken
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue May 06, 2008 9:16 am

she will make it all work because she is gonna make opec ced to her wishes to play fair..at least for while she is prez LOL!
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue May 06, 2008 9:33 am

floridafun wrote:she will make it all work because she is gonna make opec ced to her wishes to play fair..at least for while she is prez LOL!
Has Hills even proposed legislation to tax the oil companies earnings to pay for the "Holiday Gas Tax Break"? I seriously doubt it. Even if she did, it would be DOA in Congress. Just another example of how she will say ANYTHING to get our vote. I say, "Not today sister!" (Actually, already said it with my vote.)
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 06, 2008 10:00 am

I forgot about her promises to basically bring down OPEC.. there's a way to start your foreign policy, basically tell the middle east you want to take their oil and not give them any control over it. I thought the Republicans were the oil whores?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 06, 2008 10:13 am

I cant figure out how so many politicans see the solution to the gas crisis as increasing supply. Decrease demand, spend 4 trillion on it (Iraq War) and we could employ 40,000 people instead of killing 4,000.

16 people standing in Line this morning at the polls. Cant wait to start hearing some of the results. I think Obama has NC in the bag, and with Indiana being a dead heat, Obama could easily take both states and shut this bug eyed cackling fiend the hell up.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue May 06, 2008 10:37 am

pez wrote:Obama could easily take both states and shut this bug eyed cackling fiend the hell up.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
I heard Pat White on WOWO playing a recording of the cackling fiend yesterday. Gave me nightmares last night. I blame _ _ _...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue May 06, 2008 10:40 am

pez wrote:16 people standing in Line this morning at the polls. Cant wait to start hearing some of the results. I think Obama has NC in the bag, and with Indiana being a dead heat, Obama could easily take both states and shut this bug eyed cackling fiend the hell up.

DANGER DAY: HILLARY FACES '15-POINT DEFEAT' IN NC; SEES INDIANA WIN
Tue May 06 2008 06:35:49 ET

Hillary Clinton's inner circle now fears a stinging defeat is likely in North Carolina.

"Look, we worked hard and gave it our best shot, but the demographics, well, they are what they are," a top campaign source explained to the DRUDGE REPORT as voting began Tuesday morning.

The campaign now believes a 15 point loss, or more, would not be surprising. Her team will work hard throughout the day to lower all expectations in North Carolina.

The campaign hopes media attention will stay fixated on the competition in Indiana, where 72 delegates are on the line, and Clinton internals show a victory!

MORE

North Carolina had been seen by Clinton insiders as the senator's last shot to seriously jolt the system and overshadow the math. With 115 delegates at stake, North Carolina posed an uphill battle for Clinton.

Obama easily carried the region in earlier voting, topping Clinton in Maryland by 23-points; Virginia by 29, South Carolina 28 and Georgia 36.

The campaign hopes to move quickly onto a victory next Tuesday in West Virginia, where only 28 delegates are at stake.

Developing...
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down