The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colts vs Texans

+4
Scooby01_98
Pez
IrishGuy
Aggie Transplant
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Colts vs Texans - Page 2 Empty Re: Colts vs Texans

Post  Scooby01_98 Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:47 am

I didn't get a chance to see much of the Texan's game plan. The Texans have a good balanced attack which will make the offense look good. The Texans should have a good solid season and can see them starting out 3-0. I believe this will be Wade Phillips last season with the Cowboys if he lasts that long.

The Giants are overhyped and have been for some time. Didn't watch last night game at all. Manning vs Manning is enough to make me turn off the TV completely.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:59 am

Pez wrote:

[GD] Donald Brown looked better than I've ever seen him, I think most of that is likely because he didn't have to block much.

Yes to this. Guy has a hard time picking up a blitzing linebacker.

I think a major part of the week one performance was because Jeff Saturday and Charlie Johnson were (are) injured and they didn't play in a single preseason game. I was suprised the Giants didn't try to mix it up on defense when their 6 DB, 3 DE sets weren't getting the job done.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  hub Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:19 pm

While I was expecting a win, I was thinking it would be a fairly close game. I guess I've bought into all the hype about Eli, but I was shocked to see the Giants outplayed in all aspects (and a little bummed since I had Smith starting at WR on my FF team. Embarassed )

Even further off topic, how about Jacobs chucking his helmet 10 rows deep? I wonder if anything will result from that little tantrum.

hub
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:11 am

hub wrote:While I was expecting a win, I was thinking it would be a fairly close game. I guess I've bought into all the hype about Eli, but I was shocked to see the Giants outplayed in all aspects (and a little bummed since I had Smith starting at WR on my FF team. Embarassed )

Even further off topic, how about Jacobs chucking his helmet 10 rows deep? I wonder if anything will result from that little tantrum.

I think that is supposed to be coming to a head soon... a similar incident happened on 2001, except the helmet was tossed down the field after an opposing player ripped it off someone's head. He was fined $25k and ejected from the game.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:39 pm

Pez wrote:
hub wrote:Even further off topic, how about Jacobs chucking his helmet 10 rows deep? I wonder if anything will result from that little tantrum.

I think that is supposed to be coming to a head soon...
If that was meant to be a pun, well played! Very Happy
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:50 pm

Don't know if anyone noticed, but last Sunday us Verizon/Frontier FiOS customers had NFL Redzone channel. It was high def channel 835, low def 335. This channel is amazing. I covers every NFL game with live feed and cut ins to every game as a team is about to score. I don't know if it was a free trial for the weekend or if we now get the channel at no additional charge. Last year I think it cost $30 or so for the season.

I watched it at my house for most of the day until about 7:00 it cut out just as the overtime in the Houston/Washington game was starting.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggie Transplant Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:14 am

The OT was one of the most interesting parts; sorry you missed it. Fans on the local sports talk shows are still ranting and raving about whether Kubiak should have had Rackers kick a field goal rather than punting on the first possession in OT. (Kick would have been about 53 yards into a slight wind.) Clearly, he didn't think Rackers could make it, and had he missed it, the 'Skins field position would have been too good.

So, we punted and the 'Skins got the ball down to where it was a 53-yard FG for them also. Gano made the FG, but wait! Kubiak called time out right before he kicked, so it didn't count. Gano had to kick again, and he missed that time.

The rest is history....... great fodder for sports fanatics.

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1124

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:38 am

Aggie Transplant wrote:The OT was one of the most interesting parts; sorry you missed it. Fans on the local sports talk shows are still ranting and raving about whether Kubiak should have had Rackers kick a field goal rather than punting on the first possession in OT. (Kick would have been about 53 yards into a slight wind.) Clearly, he didn't think Rackers could make it, and had he missed it, the 'Skins field position would have been too good.

So, we punted and the 'Skins got the ball down to where it was a 53-yard FG for them also. Gano made the FG, but wait! Kubiak called time out right before he kicked, so it didn't count. Gano had to kick again, and he missed that time.

The rest is history....... great fodder for sports fanatics.

There was a wrinkle in there that I think you missed... Houston only punted after taking a delay of game penalty with their field goal unit on the field. After that they punted. I think Kubiak was counting on some Shanahanigans of calling a timeout right before the snap to ice the kicker, which was what Kubiak would do, then it went from a 48 yard FG to a 53 yard FG, and they punted.

I personally think that the fact that the coach can stand next to the ref and call timeout at the very last second is unsportsmanlike. It worked out for Kubiak in this case, but it doesnt being anything to the game, and it's kind of a schoolyard move.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggie Transplant Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:55 am

true, I didn't mention the delay of game. I didn't see it as relevant to the overall call of FG vs punt, but you're right...... had it not been for that call, it would have been a FG attempt.

You know, I'm not sure that I disagree with calling time out being unsportsmanlike. However, it's in the rules, and so it's fair game to use it. I felt sorry for the 'skins kicker, but not so sorry that I didn't cheer when he missed it.

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:38 am

Agree... it's fair game, it's in the rules, if I had a huge game on the line I would do anything within the rules to give myself a competitive advantage. I think it's unsportsmanlike in tha same sense that the Pats running up the score in 2007 or the Colts benching starters in 2008 is unsportsmanlike.

The issue I have with it it that they can wait until the very last second, at which time the kicking team has already passed the point of no return and will kick it. I'm not sure how much fatigue a kicker feels after kicking a ball 160 feet, but now he has to do it twice. Ii think there should be a rule that allows Only the kicking team to call time out where there is 5 second left on the game clock etc...

Like I said, If I were Kubiak and through it gave me an advantage I would likely do it. How many Texans fans would think it was a dumb idea if he'd missed the first one, but wait! Kubi called a time out, andf then made the second one. I just think it's a pointless, juvenile thing to do.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:35 pm

Pez, or anyone else, are you going to any games this year?
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:34 pm

IrishGuy wrote:Pez, or anyone else, are you going to any games this year?

I don't think so, not unless some tickets magically appear for the right price. It's difficult with the kids etc to coordinate, and I get to see more of the game at home. We have some great neighbors that are rabid Steelers fans (we dont hold it against them, anymore). We have tentative plans to get tickets and go... so that will likely be the next game I attend. We did the houston game last year and it was a blast. But drive down to columbus and drop the kids with grandma & grandpa, back to indy and grab a hotel & dinner, go to the game which doesnt get you out of infy until almost 7:00, down to columbus by 8... then 3.5 hrs home...

anyway...

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:46 pm

Pez wrote:
IrishGuy wrote:Pez, or anyone else, are you going to any games this year?

I don't think so, not unless some tickets magically appear for the right price. It's difficult with the kids etc to coordinate, and I get to see more of the game at home. We have some great neighbors that are rabid Steelers fans (we dont hold it against them, anymore). We have tentative plans to get tickets and go... so that will likely be the next game I attend. We did the houston game last year and it was a blast. But drive down to columbus and drop the kids with grandma & grandpa, back to indy and grab a hotel & dinner, go to the game which doesnt get you out of infy until almost 7:00, down to columbus by 8... then 3.5 hrs home...

anyway...

I hear you. I do it every home game. This year I split my tickets with a co-worker for that very reason. Although we usually only stay in a hotel one game per year. If you happen to get any magic tickets let me know.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:29 pm

This may seem weird, but the last pair of tickets we got (for the houston game last year) were given to us by a guy as a thank you for hanging out at our lake place last summer. Two weeks after he sent us the tickets in the mail, he was sent to jail for allegedly murdering his ex-wife. Not to be all macabre about it, but part of me wishes I could have got my hands on the rest of his season tickets (or maybe just the pats game)...

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:11 pm

Shocked

What kind of people to you hang out with?
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:19 pm

This guy... we didnt know him well, but he was dating a very good friend of ours. It was an incredible shock.

http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/local_wane_wells_county_woman_found_shot_to_death_20091027

I doubt very seriously we will ever see him again.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:22 pm

sheesh.

Well, if you happen to get ahold of some Texans tickest for this year, let me know. I'll be there for that one. I think that one is a Monday night game. Should be a good one.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggie Transplant Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:15 pm

Well, damn. Today's game was a bust for the Texans; they looked pretty bad. We have got to get a pass defense.

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:49 pm

Aggie Transplant wrote:Well, damn. Today's game was a bust for the Texans; they looked pretty bad. We have got to get a pass defense.

One thing to lose but they got spanked. I was hoping they would take Dallas down.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggie Transplant Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:33 pm

I did say it was a bust. Yes, they got spanked.

And, what happened to N.O.?

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:08 pm

Aggie Transplant wrote:I did say it was a bust. Yes, they got spanked.

You have the SB syndrome where every team plays like it is their SB. Then Atlanta has a good team. Strong rivalry between the teams (like MI and Ohio State rivalry).
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:18 am

Scooby01_98 wrote:
Aggie Transplant wrote:I did say it was a bust. Yes, they got spanked.

You have the SB syndrome where every team plays like it is their SB. Then Atlanta has a good team. Strong rivalry between the teams (like MI and Ohio State rivalry).
They had a first down at the 11 yard line in OT and decided to leave the game to an inconsistent kicker. Sometimes teams get a little too conservative.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:14 am

Still, if you're a professional Placekicker in the NFL, you should be able to make that Field Goal 100% of the time. At least that's my story and I'm stickin to it!
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:41 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Still, if you're a professional Placekicker in the NFL, you should be able to make that Field Goal 100% of the time. At least that's my story and I'm stickin to it!

Yeah he missed quite a few so far this year. He might not make it to the end of the season.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down