The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday 3:45 PM Economic Town Hall Meeting

+3
Scooby01_98
Cincy Fan 44
Markwes
7 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Sunday 3:45 PM Economic Town Hall Meeting Empty Sunday 3:45 PM Economic Town Hall Meeting

Post  Guest Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:01 am

All,

The Barack Obama campaign is having the Obama Economic Advisors in town on Sunday at 3:45 for a town hall meeting (question and answers) regarding local and national economic issues and how the Obama policies will impact all of us. The meeting is being held at the Labor Union Hall @ 5700 South Anthony Blvd (corner of Paulding and S. Anthony, next to the Walgreens). Doors open up at 3:15 pm.

Just thought I would post this here in case any of you political junkies or anyone concerned that would like to know more about Senator Obama's views you could attend.

Plus I will be there ... I know that is a huge draw.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Sunday 3:45 PM Economic Town Hall Meeting Empty Re: Sunday 3:45 PM Economic Town Hall Meeting

Post  Guest Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:41 pm

Posting on a sunday? geesh...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Sunday 3:45 PM Economic Town Hall Meeting Empty Re: Sunday 3:45 PM Economic Town Hall Meeting

Post  Markwes Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:52 pm

You mean Obama's team is concerned with our questions now that Indiana votes might matter? See, I knew he cared! tongue
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:56 pm

Markwes wrote:You mean Obama's team is concerned with our questions now that Indiana votes might matter? See, I knew he cared! tongue

HMMM, where is McCain? Does McCain even know where Fort Wayne is?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:56 pm

I think Indiana should change the state motto to "We're the Decider."
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:38 pm

Bman wrote:
Markwes wrote:You mean Obama's team is concerned with our questions now that Indiana votes might matter? See, I knew he cared! tongue

Oh, McCain knows all about timing too. His wanting to suspend the gas tax is all about his concern for Americans and has nothing to do with the upcoming election right? Wink
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:14 pm

Markwes wrote:
Bman wrote:

Oh, McCain knows all about timing too. His wanting to suspend the gas tax is all about his concern for Americans and has nothing to do with the upcoming election right? Wink

Hey putting $0.18 a gallon in everyones pocket is a big help ... of course he also does not want to raise taxes on those hedgefund managers too, or for that matter anyone making over $200,000 a year, because those people are middle class americans. McCain and the republican party are out of touch with the middle and lower class, McCain thinks eliminating the 18 Cent federal gas tax is going to help the poor and middle class out of this pinch. Sorry John, but we need a little more than "some" trickle down. It is time for a change in Washington and how things are done, change we can believe in!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:30 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:I think Indiana should change the state motto to "We're the Decider."

Well, the entire country needs some group of people to hate after the next election... I say let's just blame it on the time change if the finger points here!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:35 pm

meta4 wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:I think Indiana should change the state motto to "We're the Decider."

Well, the entire country needs some group of people to hate after the next election... I say let's just blame it on the time change if the finger points here!

I can hear the excuses now..."We weren't awake enough!"
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:55 pm

Bman wrote:
Markwes wrote:
Bman wrote:

Hey putting $0.18 a gallon in everyones pocket is a big help ... of course he also does not want to raise taxes on those hedgefund managers too, or for that matter anyone making over $200,000 a year, because those people are middle class americans. McCain and the republican party are out of touch with the middle and lower class, McCain thinks eliminating the 18 Cent federal gas tax is going to help the poor and middle class out of this pinch. Sorry John, but we need a little more than "some" trickle down. It is time for a change in Washington and how things are done, change we can believe in!!
Well, at least we agree that the $.18 cents won't help much. The oil companies know what price they want gas to be. If the government reduces that amount by eliminating the tax, price lower = demand up. And then demand up = bump up the price. So in effect, we will be paying the same price, it's just that $.18 that was going to the government is now going to the oil company. Maybe that's oversimplifying it a little but that's how I see it.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:10 pm

Bman wrote:

Did Obama know where Ft Wayne was before his speech got moved here from Muncie?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:34 pm

WOW, families that make $200,000 are rich and need their taxes raised? Are you sure about that Bman? I agree the .18 for federal gas tax isn't going to do much, but 200K in some parts of the country is far from rich.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:34 pm

We are being told that Barack and or Michelle will be back in Fort Wayne before the May6th. primary. Block parties down on the landing this Saturday and next Saturday from Noon - ???? Music, free food and campaign informations. Bman will be there both weekends, I know that is a huge draw for you all.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:35 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:WOW, families that make $200,000 are rich and need their taxes raised? Are you sure about that Bman? I agree the .18 for federal gas tax isn't going to do much, but 200K in some parts of the country is far from rich.

3.5% of Americans earn $250,000 or more ... so yea, that segment HAS to pay more.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:38 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:WOW, families that make $200,000 are rich and need their taxes raised? Are you sure about that Bman? I agree the .18 for federal gas tax isn't going to do much, but 200K in some parts of the country is far from rich.

And Scooby because of current tax loop holes and laws many of those people are paying less than the waitress at Olive Garden in taxes ... there is something desperately wrong with that picture. Those hedgefund managers making 100% of their income on capital gains and paying at the 15% rate is also just wrong.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:07 pm

Bman wrote:

3.5% of Americans earn $250,000 or more ... so yea, that segment HAS to pay more.
Bman, why should income tax % be higher if you make more? What if they eliminated the income tax and increased the sales tax to make up for the difference accordingly? If we use the same philosophy, you should get taxed at a higher % if you buy more stuff? What would you think if you then went to the store to make a purchase and the clerk says that will be an additional $50 because you just went into the next tax bracket?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:16 pm

I wonder if that 3.5% is individuals or families....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:20 pm

Gotta pull out the BS flag there Bman. Those people making 200K are paying over 50% of the individual income taxes.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:05 pm

Our tax system is a joke. The middle-class gets fucked in the ass while the rich hide behind shelters and other bullshit.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:44 pm

Jugomugo wrote:Our tax system is a joke. The middle-class gets fucked in the ass while the rich hide behind shelters and other bullshit.
and they don't even buy us dinner beforehand... Mad
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:26 am

Bman wrote:

Please provide a link to your figures....

BTW.. I've got 10 clients in my small firm with AGI over $250K.

Last edited by cardinal5150 on Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:27 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Jugomugo wrote:Our tax system is a joke. The middle-class gets fucked in the ass while the rich hide behind shelters and other bullshit.

I guess I'm conservative in this regard... They tax my income, which I in turn invest. If I make capital gains, the money I make on those gains is taxed again... If I give my money to my children, it's taxed again. I'm not sure what the answer is, but it seems like any system where the govenment ggets to tax whatever they want when they want is not consistent with the idea of freedom.

My goal one day is to save more than I pay in taxes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:29 am

Bman wrote:

And Scooby because of current tax loop holes and laws many of those people are paying less than the waitress at Olive Garden in taxes ... there is something desperately wrong with that picture. Those hedgefund managers making 100% of their income on capital gains and paying at the 15% rate is also just wrong.

Come on.. you're an accountant.. quit throwing out blatent lies. You know the waitresses at Olive Garden pay no income taxes. The hedgefund managers issue is going to be solved, but it's not going to turn into some financial windfall for the government that will cure all the ill's they have.

At least McCain is addressing the fuel issue, Hillbama is too busy telling you how they're going to give you millions.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:30 am

pez wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

I guess I'm conservative in this regard... They tax my income, which I in turn invest. If I make capital gains, the money I make on those gains is taxed again... If I give my money to my children, it's taxed again. I'm not sure what the answer is, but it seems like any system where the govenment ggets to tax whatever they want when they want is not consistent with the idea of freedom.

My goal one day is to save more than I pay in taxes.

Money to your kids isn't taxed unless you are giving them more than $22K/year
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:41 am

pez wrote:My goal one day is to save more than I pay in taxes.
That my friend, is a very worthy goal to have!
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next