The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Athiests Sue Over Cross

2 posters

Go down

Athiests Sue Over Cross Empty Athiests Sue Over Cross

Post  Markwes Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:56 pm

http://abcnews.go.com/US/atheists-sue-cross-world-trade-center-museum/story?id=14169830

"The Christian community found a piece of rubble that looked like an icon and they deified it. But really 9/11 had nothing to do with Christianity," said American Atheists president Dave Silverman. "They want a monopoly and we don't want that to happen."
Besides the fact that this is a ridiculous waste of our time, and besides the fact that I have no idea how this makes Christians "want a monopoly", there are a couple flaws in this group's lawsuit (well, more than a couple, but in the interest of time...). One is that as the godless wonder says himself, it's a T-joint - two intersecting beams that happen to look like a cross. If that's all it is, then it's nothing but steel to you and not an icon. Second, they claim if other religions are represented, they will drop the case. So how does that work? If I decide to start my own religion and it is not represented in the museum, can I sue? Really, get a life.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Athiests Sue Over Cross Empty Re: Athiests Sue Over Cross

Post  Pez Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:37 am

Markwes wrote:http://abcnews.go.com/US/atheists-sue-cross-world-trade-center-museum/story?id=14169830

"The Christian community found a piece of rubble that looked like an icon and they deified it. But really 9/11 had nothing to do with Christianity," said American Atheists president Dave Silverman. "They want a monopoly and we don't want that to happen."
Besides the fact that this is a ridiculous waste of our time, and besides the fact that I have no idea how this makes Christians "want a monopoly", there are a couple flaws in this group's lawsuit (well, more than a couple, but in the interest of time...). One is that as the godless wonder says himself, it's a T-joint - two intersecting beams that happen to look like a cross. If that's all it is, then it's nothing but steel to you and not an icon. Second, they claim if other religions are represented, they will drop the case. So how does that work? If I decide to start my own religion and it is not represented in the museum, can I sue? Really, get a life.

This is pretty ridiculous. I agree 9/11 had nothing to do with Christianity, sure. The issue is that right or wrong, this piece is something that is part of the history of the event. It represents the tragedy that was 9/11 more than it represents the cross that Jesus died on. Lighten up and stop being an idiot.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum