The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spent it..........

+4
iberlingirl
LTRT
IrishGuy
Cincy Fan 44
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Spent it.......... - Page 2 Empty Re: Spent it..........

Post  Guest Fri May 09, 2008 12:40 pm

I just found out why I haven't recieved mine yet...

If filing or preparation fees were deducted from your 2007 Refund or you received a rapid refund, you will be receiving a check instead of a direct deposit. Please see the Paper Check section of the Payment Schedule.

So it looks like I won't be getting mine until the end of June.

Son of a...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 09, 2008 1:11 pm

IrishGuy wrote:Got mine this morning too. My VISA bill just got stimulated.

It is nice to not have a visa bill!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Fri May 09, 2008 2:02 pm

Bman wrote:

Just wait, your taxes might go up and you may have to resort.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 09, 2008 2:29 pm

IrishGuy wrote:
Bman wrote:

Sorry, but it is not taxes that cause people to go into debt, nice attempt to spin our problems on taxes. Consumer credit problems stem from too many wants exceeding income! People spend more on a home than the should, more for a car (easy to do), have two car payments and others. Now some credit problems are unavoidable i.e. major major expenses, major damage to homes not covered i.e. appliances, roof needs replaced etc ... but I would say by and large it is simply people wanting to keep up with their neighbors.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 09, 2008 2:36 pm

Credit cards are wonderful if you can keep them in check. But that's the problem, most people (myself included) tend to use the "well... I can pay it off in a couple months, I'll just cut costs elsewhere" and then change your mind.

We made eliminating our CC debt a priority this past tax season and I'm happy to say we did it. Of course, most people don't have the luxury of receiving what are essentially weekly bonus checks for the first quarter of the year, so it's a little easier for me.

Now if we can just turn the DJ business into a positive cash flow business (happy to say that will start again next month after our major purchases are paid off) that should help for the other 3/4 of the year. Hooray for recession proof industries!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Fri May 09, 2008 2:52 pm

Bman wrote:
IrishGuy wrote:
Bman wrote:

Sorry, but it is not taxes that cause people to go into debt, nice attempt to spin our problems on taxes. Consumer credit problems stem from too many wants exceeding income! People spend more on a home than the should, more for a car (easy to do), have two car payments and others. Now some credit problems are unavoidable i.e. major major expenses, major damage to homes not covered i.e. appliances, roof needs replaced etc ... but I would say by and large it is simply people wanting to keep up with their neighbors.

Relax Barak, I don't have a debt problem. Mortgage, student loans, car payment and a small VISA payment. You are way too uptight these days. Have you checked your blood pressure lately?
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 10, 2008 9:47 am

IrishGuy wrote:
Bman wrote:
IrishGuy wrote:
Bman wrote:

Relax Barak, I don't have a debt problem. Mortgage, student loans, car payment and a small VISA payment. You are way too uptight these days. Have you checked your blood pressure lately?

Relax? Maybe you need to! Where did I say YOU had a credit problem. I said taxes do not cause PEOPLE to go into debt, never mentioned you. I would assume an engineer would not be one of those debtors.

I said I was winding down my political rhetoric and November in Indiana won't get me too worked up. I am attending a Barack Obama Victory Party Tuesday night for winning Allen County. lol November will be a waste in Indiana ... too many redneck bitter people here. lol
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Sat May 10, 2008 11:25 am

Bman wrote: lol November will be a waste in Indiana ... too many redneck bitter people here. lol
What are you insinuating? That a vote for anyone but Obama makes one a bitter redneck?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 12, 2008 8:07 am

Assuming that Hillary will be unable to pull a GW and steal the primary, I think there is a chance that Indiana will be a blue state. I dont see McCain out campaigning or out performing Obama. Obama will beat McCain in a landslide.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 12, 2008 9:04 am

I'd be very surprised to see Obama win Indiana... he didn't even win the primary here. Plus there area a lot of bible beaters here. Even if they don't agree 100% with McCain, they are the ones who think it matters that Barack's middle name is Hussein.

Plus if you listen to the left Rush Limbaugh made all the republicans come out and vote for Hillary, so there are votes that won't go to the dem's at all in November.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 12, 2008 9:08 am

back to the stimulus....

We stopped out at O'Daniel Jeep this weekend and were checking out new Liberty's for my wife. She really wasn't too thrilled about them, in her mind, if she was getting a new Liberty (she already drives a 2002) she wanted to "upgrade" over her current, which is a limited. So basically we'd need to get a fully loaded one. Nothing was doing it for her though, but they had one black one there and that's what she wanted, and I noticed the canvas roof, so I told the guy to go get the keys because I knew she'd love it.

Sure enough, we jump in and I hit the button to roll the roof all the way back and she's digging it. They had the roof that fully retracts so it looks somewhat like a Wrangler in that the whole top is open, very fun. We're waiting to find out what our cost is though because we get employee pricing through a friend, but we have to find out what discount we get.

One thing that stinks that they aren't advertising. You get the rebates OR the gas deal with a $500 rebate. Since that isn't on the site I figured it was the rebate + the gas deal.. so... we might not be buying, but the open roof thing is pretty cool regardless.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Spent it.......... - Page 2 Empty Stimulus letter

Post  LTRT Mon May 12, 2008 10:47 pm

Seems like the IRS was in such a hurry to issue the direct deposits, they forgot to mail the notification letters beforehand. In my mail today I received a letter from the IRS with Stimulus stamped on the back, for a moment I thought, wait a minute...are they going to ask for it back? Needless to say, it was just a reminder notifying me that we were receiving the $1200, which was in our account on the 6th. I perused the rest of it then threw it in the trash.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 12, 2008 10:48 pm

Did you notice the pork fat smell of the ink?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon May 12, 2008 10:52 pm

meta4 wrote:Did you notice the pork fat smell of the ink?

So that's what was smellin' up the trash can. Laughing
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Tue May 13, 2008 7:08 am

Speaking of DJing Card who did the song Our House not the version by David Crosby the first one?
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Tue May 13, 2008 7:09 am

cardinal5150 wrote:back to the stimulus....

We stopped out at O'Daniel Jeep this weekend and were checking out new Liberty's for my wife. She really wasn't too thrilled about them, in her mind, if she was getting a new Liberty (she already drives a 2002) she wanted to "upgrade" over her current, which is a limited. So basically we'd need to get a fully loaded one. Nothing was doing it for her though, but they had one black one there and that's what she wanted, and I noticed the canvas roof, so I told the guy to go get the keys because I knew she'd love it.

Sure enough, we jump in and I hit the button to roll the roof all the way back and she's digging it. They had the roof that fully retracts so it looks somewhat like a Wrangler in that the whole top is open, very fun. We're waiting to find out what our cost is though because we get employee pricing through a friend, but we have to find out what discount we get.

One thing that stinks that they aren't advertising. You get the rebates OR the gas deal with a $500 rebate. Since that isn't on the site I figured it was the rebate + the gas deal.. so... we might not be buying, but the open roof thing is pretty cool regardless.
ALSO its easy to break into..... Suspect Suspect
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Tue May 13, 2008 7:11 am

I have not recived anything from Uncle Sam yet I kinda feel left out Neutral I hate being on the left pale
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 13, 2008 8:19 am

Mort wrote:Speaking of DJing Card who did the song Our House not the version by David Crosby the first one?

Madness
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Tue May 13, 2008 8:36 am

Oliver's Army wrote:
Mort wrote:Speaking of DJing Card who did the song Our House not the version by David Crosby the first one?

Madness

Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Tue May 13, 2008 4:54 pm

Yeah your right madness I forgot all about them i didn't remember their name
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 13, 2008 5:06 pm

Our House..(thud).. In the middle of the street...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum