The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wednesday May 7th.

+3
Markwes
IrishGuy
LTRT
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Wednesday May 7th. - Page 3 Empty Re: Wednesday May 7th.

Post  Guest Fri May 09, 2008 7:39 am

cardinal5150 wrote:It's more the stereotype that was around looooooooooong before Fox news became the republican party media outlet.. Liberals have always been the tree huggers and conservatives the yuppies.

Sure, that's exactly the perspective of recent political history (dumbed down) that I'd expect to hear Fux News to portray. Suspect
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 09, 2008 7:45 am

Mort wrote:I agree with you Markwes Obama throws out these slogans and they eat them up!

He kinda scares me I still can't believe any of these people that are running

When you get down to it there really isn't anyone to vote for either side

Its really a shame the last two elections were the same

I'll bet the euros are laughing at us

I think the people that come here to post are great people all of you and I really enjoy coming here and reading what you all have to say and for that I say

"THANKS TO ALL OF YOU, FOR BEING YOU ! " cheers

ps: I also think if Obama gets elected he could quit possibly get in the same situation that JFK got in....

I totally agree Mort. Well said. Isn't it ironic that in a medium such as the internet you (and I) feel the expression of honesty more so than the candidates real faces on TV. TV is a great spotlight, and a frame for presentation. The internet is less "framed" and "formatted" in a sense. well, anyhow... digress.. blah blah... I hope that's a clear thought.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 09, 2008 9:15 am

cardinal5150 wrote:It's more the stereotype that was around looooooooooong before Fox news became the republican party media outlet.. Liberals have always been the tree huggers and conservatives the yuppies.

What ... what ... you call Doe a yuppie? Doe is a conservative! The college educated crowd supports Obama, I bet his constiuency at this time is more yuppie than either Hillary or McCain at this moment, now that could change between now and November 5th.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri May 09, 2008 9:18 am

Mort wrote:ps: I also think if Obama gets elected he could quit possibly get in the same situation that JFK got in....
A Marilyn Monroe sex scandal? The Bay of Pigs fiasco? The Cuban Missile Crisis? Asking not what our country can do for you? I don't know, I'm out of ideas of what it could possibly be. No matter, I have to run anyway, I need to run down to the depository and check out a book. After that, I may catch a movie.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 09, 2008 9:19 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Mort wrote:ps: I also think if Obama gets elected he could quit possibly get in the same situation that JFK got in....
A Marilyn Monroe sex scandal? The Bay of Pigs fiasco? The Cuban Missile Crisis? Asking not what our country can do for you? I don't know, I'm out of ideas of what it could possibly be. No matter, I have to run anyway, I need to run down to the depository and check out a book. After that, I may catch a movie.

You have too much time on your hands!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri May 09, 2008 9:46 am

meta4 wrote:

Sure, that's exactly the perspective of recent political history (dumbed down) that I'd expect to hear Fux News to portray. Suspect
From your recent posts, you seem to paint Fox News as extremist. Have you ever checked their website? I'm not sure what you see there that is extremist. Isn't that like saying Bill Maher and HBO are extremists? Regardless, I think your perspective is backwards. America has dumbed down themselves and people like Hannity and Beck are trying to point it out. When we have government considering laws to ban flourescent light bulbs when one volcanic burst somewhere gives off more heat than all the bulbs in the world would in 20 years, then someone needs to speak up. When Clinton and Obama want to put the country deeper in debt by providing free health care for everyone (which by the way we already have - a hospital by law can not decline service to someone who can not pay), then someone needs to speak up. And before all the Democrats tell me how much debt we are in because of Bush, don't bother because I agree he has overspent. We need someone in office who will be fiscally responsible yet protect us, but I don't see that in any of the current candidates.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 09, 2008 10:21 am

I am politic'd out right now but Mark ... Mark .... you and FeatherHead think Fox IS in fact fair and balanced! LOL, no ... FLOL! Mark, I think Not-for Profit Hospitals can't deny service for for profits can I believe.

Second point, if Fox News called themselves and "Entertainment" division then I would agree the link between them and HBO would be valid, but HBO does not present itself as a source for news ... it is comedy and drama and documentaries.

Finally, good luck getting facts from Ann Coulture, Sean Hannity, Rush Slimball, and other talking heads on the radio i.e. who was that idiot in Cincy that introduced McSame a month or two back?

Like I said, I am politic'd out for the time being so I am going to take a break from this thread and the presidential race thread for a SHORT while. lol

I have stuff to go pickup at the Obama HQ and that will be my last political mission for a while.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri May 09, 2008 10:28 am

Bman wrote:i.e. who was that idiot in Cincy that introduced McSame a month or two back?
Bill Cunningham...afternoons Noon to 3pm on The Big One 700 WLW. Willie is truly a great American, even if he's not in Barack Hussein Obama's corner. That's right I said it too, Barack Hussein Obama. It's his middle name, but I'm still glad I voted for the guy.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 09, 2008 10:38 am

America and BMAN are glad you voted for Barack H. Obama, or Barry as he use to go by.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 09, 2008 3:12 pm

Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:

From your recent posts, you seem to paint Fox News as extremist. Have you ever checked their website? I'm not sure what you see there that is extremist. Isn't that like saying Bill Maher and HBO are extremists? Regardless, I think your perspective is backwards. America has dumbed down themselves and people like Hannity and Beck are trying to point it out. When we have government considering laws to ban flourescent light bulbs when one volcanic burst somewhere gives off more heat than all the bulbs in the world would in 20 years, then someone needs to speak up. When Clinton and Obama want to put the country deeper in debt by providing free health care for everyone (which by the way we already have - a hospital by law can not decline service to someone who can not pay), then someone needs to speak up. And before all the Democrats tell me how much debt we are in because of Bush, don't bother because I agree he has overspent. We need someone in office who will be fiscally responsible yet protect us, but I don't see that in any of the current candidates.

As far as extremist, that's your word, not mine. To clarify, I paint them with the same sloppy strokes they use to paint their picture of NEWS. But then again, what should I expect from a bunch of journalist yokels? Fox pays their anchors (and probably their guests) the same way that HBO pays Bill Maher, but again, I'm NOT saying what you seem to think I'm saying... I'm just saying what I'm saying. See the difference? Fux News does the same thing, they hear, then they twist report.

As a former Bible college student (for 1.5 years), I couldn't stand Shepard Smith's ignorance of the topics Wright was addressing, and more generally, Fox's slanted reporting of the Jeremiah Wright crap a few weeks ago. I hope readers have read also my views on Barak Obama, I would not have supported him in the primary for lack of a more solid plan. I still think Wright was CLEARLY in the wrong, but to hear the regurgitated and blatant misquoting, and conjecture applied to Wright's statements after they JUST PLAYED THE VIDEO CLIP of him for the audience was extremely annoying and insulting to my intelligence. I don't know who mentioned that this is why Fox news, and Hannity, and Beck are good for News (something along the lines of the American public had dumbed themselves down so we need smarties to tell us the real deal). They are spin-sters, period. Shepard Smith does report sometimes, but mostly all I've seen him do is 'sit-n-spin'.

Outside of this clarification Markwes, I'm sure we are probably 98% in agreement about the current situation, spending, road to economic recovery, etc., but not about Fox News, and the others (CNN, MSNBC, et. al.)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 09, 2008 3:24 pm

bman.. you should be impressed.. i've got a bumper sticker for a democrat in my car
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri May 09, 2008 3:24 pm

Fair enough, Meta. I honestly don't watch a whole lot of the national news channels, including Fox, so you may have a valid point.

Just for the record though, 'extremist' was your word. Smile

meta4 wrote:I figured... but no joke, this is exactly the picture I hear painted by Fox News, Beck, Hannity, Savage and other extremists. I guess Fair and Balanced means we'll give the wacko's equal talk time
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 09, 2008 3:35 pm

Markwes wrote:Fair enough, Meta. I honestly don't watch a whole lot of the national news channels, including Fox, so you may have a valid point.

Just for the record though, 'extremist' was your word. Smile

meta4 wrote:I figured... but no joke, this is exactly the picture I hear painted by Fox News, Beck, Hannity, Savage and other extremists. I guess Fair and Balanced means we'll give the wacko's equal talk time

Doh! you're right! My apologies pale
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3