The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GREAT NEWS! 8 More Years ... elect McCain

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

GREAT NEWS!  8 More Years ... elect McCain - Page 2 Empty Re: GREAT NEWS! 8 More Years ... elect McCain

Post  floridafun Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:24 am

Scooby01_98 wrote:
LTRT wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:I just don't understand Bman's hate for the people that make over 250K a year. Is he jealous? Is his personal life such a failure that he is bitter, that when other people work hard and became a success he is envious?

Scooby, he's a lib, what'cha expect? lol!

Not all lib's are against wealth i.e. Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, Susan Sarandon, etc. But Bman comes across as having something against someone making over 250K a year. Comes across as everyone should be paid the same whether he delivers pizza, works in a factory, or works on wall street.

?? trying to figure out where this idea that bman thinks everyone should be paid the same is coming from. or that he has something against the rich, since it seems to me he simply thinks they should pay their fair share in taxes. ohhhh i get it...these comments are examples of the difference between facts and spin! mcsame happens to agree completely with bman and i..sometimes. so apparently it isnt just libs. or in the least its for full time and part time libs sunny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEtZlR3zp4c
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

GREAT NEWS!  8 More Years ... elect McCain - Page 2 Empty Re: GREAT NEWS! 8 More Years ... elect McCain

Post  Guest Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:00 am

meta4 wrote:
Kroman wrote:
Bman wrote: Bend over wealthy ... get ready .... here it comes!

How much do I have to make on a yearly basis before I have to start being concerned about you?

How much do you have? Twisted Evil jocolor

Not even half of bman's requirement.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:55 am

Kroman wrote:
Bman wrote:
Markwes wrote:And this story has to do with McCain, uh, how?

Ummm Mark, John McCain's economic policy is well ... ummm ... ummm ... don't change a thing! He has no plan, other than the status quo on the economy.

Pull your head out man .... tell me where McCain differs from Bush on the economy? On Iraq?
Please, details ... not cute one liners.

What's wrong with the economy?

Ding Ding Ding ... there is the most stupid comment in this thread.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:01 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:
LTRT wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:I just don't understand Bman's hate for the people that make over 250K a year. Is he jealous? Is his personal life such a failure that he is bitter, that when other people work hard and became a success he is envious?

Not all lib's are against wealth i.e. Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, Susan Sarandon, etc. But Bman comes across as having something against someone making over 250K a year. Comes across as everyone should be paid the same whether he delivers pizza, works in a factory, or works on wall street.

Scoob, we are facing a $9T+ deficit of which 95% has been accumulated under Reagan/Bush/Bush, that deficit needs paid down, to pay down that deficit someone has to pay more. Those that should pay more are those that are making more than $250,000 per year, that amounts to only 3% of our society ... waaaa! And I have thrown that 3% number out before, Card disagreed and then acknowledged that was a correct percentage.

One thing we can all agree on, the rich have gotten filthy rich over the past 28 years (Reagan/Bush/Bush) and now they are worried that it is time to belly up to the bar.

Nothing against hating people making over $250,000 and not jealousy, I have a GREAT paying job but I try to see the big picture just not my own personal finances. Sure I would be better off with tax cuts and handouts for the rich but I don't think that does anything to help my nieces and nephews out when they have to pay for all of the handouts that you folks have taken and not needed.

Welcome Robin Hood ... let's lift up the poor and middle class.

Get ready Kroman, you are getting a tax increase.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:05 pm

floridafun wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:
LTRT wrote:

?? trying to figure out where this idea that bman thinks everyone should be paid the same is coming from. or that he has something against the rich, since it seems to me he simply thinks they should pay their fair share in taxes. ohhhh i get it...these comments are examples of the difference between facts and spin! mcsame happens to agree completely with bman and i..sometimes. so apparently it isnt just libs. or in the least its for full time and part time libs sunny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEtZlR3zp4c

Excellent youtube clip Florida, hopefully Kroman, Mark, LTRT, Scoob and others will watch this and just sit there and think about how many sides out his mouth this man can talk. I would feel like I was an idiot for believing this man, straight talk express ... my ass.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:09 pm

And the poor (as defined by the goverment poverty amount) do not pay taxes (except for sales/excise/use tax). The poor are the one's that reap the benefits of the government handouts. Which by the way are paid for by the 250K + and above workers.

So, your post has me curious. What do you think the Poor are getting that the Rich are unwilling to give? Leave government out of it, if your response to Bman's comments stands on it's own, then tell me how helping the poor is a bad thing.

I guess it's hard to be ethical when economics are involved. I find this strange. IMHO, I'm not as concerned about tax revenue going to aid legitimate programs such as food, shelter, clothing and medical care. The items that concern me are the waste that pork barrel produces. Typical back scratching at the upper levels that the poor dont' have access to... like a sweet government contract, etc.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:52 pm

Bman wrote:
Kroman wrote:
Bman wrote:
Markwes wrote:And this story has to do with McCain, uh, how?

Ummm Mark, John McCain's economic policy is well ... ummm ... ummm ... don't change a thing! He has no plan, other than the status quo on the economy.

Pull your head out man .... tell me where McCain differs from Bush on the economy? On Iraq?
Please, details ... not cute one liners.

What's wrong with the economy?

Ding Ding Ding ... there is the most stupid comment in this thread.

Are you referring to your dodge at answering the question?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:03 am

Krommie.. my guess is you're about a year away from Bman's income requirements.. no matter what you make. Obman will probably try and put in a higher tax rate for people who have their houses paid off, after all.. only the rich can do that.

The economy is shitty right now for anyone who doesn't have a non-general studies degree and/or lives beyond their means. For the most part, if you have a specialized degree (as most on this board do) we're fine, and if you understand that you can't buy a new house, new car and big screen TV while making $10/hour, you're doing ok as well.

Bman believes in what is essentially communism.. everyone works for the greater good of the country. No one becomes extremely wealthy (except those in control) and no one is left behind.. in essence... everyone suffers. It's the classic union mentality, protect the weak (poor) eliminate the strong (wealthy) and make everyone pay into a fund that only a select few control and can do whatever they want with.

What's great about all of Obama's promises is that he can't possibly achieve them without taxing the middle class and/or more. So even if he is elected he's priming himself for a great failure. And what's even better is people keep pointing to Jimmy Carter these days.. I was around then, but everyone I've talked to said he was one of the worst economic presidents ever. And now he's viewed as a great one.

Raising taxes on anyone will hurt the economy. The Dem's are trying to implement another "New Deal" which could be argued to have actually extended the Great Depression, not fixed it. And this is why I support McCain on economics.. even though he admits to now knowing enough... he doesn't want to try and fix something he doesn't understand (which Obama won't admit). I'm all for more regulations (as Obama has proposed) on certain industries, but past that.. the gov't needs to keep out of the FREE market.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:14 am

cardinal5150 wrote:The economy is shitty right now for anyone who doesn't have a non-general studies degree and/or lives beyond their means. For the most part, if you have a specialized degree (as most on this board do) we're fine, and if you understand that you can't buy a new house, new car and big screen TV while making $10/hour, you're doing ok as well.

What an ignorant elitest comment ... doing OK if you make $10/hour. Raise a family on that Card, pay RENT, Groceries and gas for your beat up old car and medical. Card, you need a dose of reality. "Let them eat cake" mentality on this boards part.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:15 am

Just as blantantly WRONG as his factory worker comment and his Ind Tech/BSU comment.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:21 am

I disagree... the government should certainly use utmost caution curtailing the opportunities for abuse that are rife in the "free market." However the government has a responsibility to prevent the abuse of power that can often be perpetuated by an unregulated market. Better regulation of banks would have prevented the mortgage crisis. Common sense curtailment of speculative commodities trading may have prevented $4 gas.

The government stepped in during that days of Upton Sinclair, in order to protect the rights of those that worked in unsatisfactory conditons, and to curtail the activities of those that put forth a knowingly inferior product under deceptive pretense.

A free market should not be the wild wild west. If that is communism, so be it.

Your example of Obama trying to make the rich non-existent is hyperbole. If you take anything to the extreme it sounds dreadful. There is a line between common sense and madness, and some govt control over the free market keeps the economy rooted in common sense.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:55 am

Pez, I'm a little confused as to how you're making a connection between Obama raising taxes on the rich and government regulation of the free market. Isn't that apples and oranges. Making the rich pay more to help the poor is the main idea behind communism. I don't think Card misstated anything there.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:04 am

Bman wrote:What an ignorant elitest comment ... doing OK if you make $10/hour. Raise a family on that Card, pay RENT, Groceries and gas for your beat up old car and medical. Card, you need a dose of reality. "Let them eat cake" mentality on this boards part.
So if you are all about making things equal for everyone, why did you so vehemently disagree with Gimme on the old Board when it came to white priviledge? Talk about your "dose of reality", I would think you be all for Affirmative Action.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:15 am

cardinal5150 wrote:Krommie.. my guess is you're about a year away from Bman's income requirements.. no matter what you make. Obman will probably try and put in a higher tax rate for people who have their houses paid off, after all.. only the rich can do that.

Sorry, is it my 'rip van winkle syndrome'? Did I miss something, or do you think the Pres. controls the tax rates and tax cuts?

cardinal5150 wrote:The economy is shitty right now for anyone who doesn't have a non-general studies degree and/or lives beyond their means. For the most part, if you have a specialized degree (as most on this board do) we're fine, and if you understand that you can't buy a new house, new car and big screen TV while making $10/hour, you're doing ok as well.

So... you're saying the economy is shitty for most everyone. Smile I agree.

cardinal5150 wrote:Bman believes in what is essentially communism.. everyone works for the greater good of the country. No one becomes extremely wealthy (except those in control) and no one is left behind.. in essence... everyone suffers. It's the classic union mentality, protect the weak (poor) eliminate the strong (wealthy) and make everyone pay into a fund that only a select few control and can do whatever they want with.

Good lawd. I feel like I've been transported back into the cold war years. I remember my anti-communist teaching from grade school. It taught me to place a label on every idea, regardless of it's merit, that intends to change the way things are. This should be done with the intention of preserving the status quo of our great nation in hopes that problems will correct themselves if we just ignore them.

cardinal5150 wrote:What's great about all of Obama's promises is that he can't possibly achieve them without taxing the middle class and/or more. So even if he is elected he's priming himself for a great failure. And what's even better is people keep pointing to Jimmy Carter these days.. I was around then, but everyone I've talked to said he was one of the worst economic presidents ever. And now he's viewed as a great one.

Someone's gotta pay for the war. Oh wait, I forgot about the new "advertising supported" war.

cardinal5150 wrote:Raising taxes on anyone will hurt the economy. The Dem's are trying to implement another "New Deal" which could be argued to have actually extended the Great Depression, not fixed it. And this is why I support McCain on economics.. even though he admits to now knowing enough... he doesn't want to try and fix something he doesn't understand (which Obama won't admit). I'm all for more regulations (as Obama has proposed) on certain industries, but past that.. the gov't needs to keep out of the FREE market.

No, raising taxes won't necessarily harm the economy. Paying $10/gal for gas will hurt the economy. Paying $5 for a box of cereal, or $4.50 for a gallon of milk would hurt as well. Continuing to spend billions of dollars on an unnecessary war will hurt the economy.

"free" is to the market as "free" is to speech? Sometimes "free" speech gets one's teeth knocked out. Smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:30 am

Markwes wrote:
Bman wrote:What an ignorant elitest comment ... doing OK if you make $10/hour. Raise a family on that Card, pay RENT, Groceries and gas for your beat up old car and medical. Card, you need a dose of reality. "Let them eat cake" mentality on this boards part.
So if you are all about making things equal for everyone, why did you so vehemently disagree with Gimme on the old Board when it came to white priviledge? Talk about your "dose of reality", I would think you be all for Affirmative Action.

Mark, I agree 100% with the Barack Obama statement on Affirmative Action (AA). AA should not be a skin color test. He said his daughters should not be given something over a deserving white person simply because they are black, AA should be a means to give the little guy a lift up. Barack Obama's position ... I support that 100%. Gimme was all about how tough and difficult her life and her family life was because of being a mixed marriage and how blacks have been shit upon, Gimme was not concerned with the little guy, just the black guy there in lies the difference.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:09 pm

Then we should extend that theory to sports. Minnesota is a little guy in college football. I think we need to put a cap on the number of top 100 recruits Ohio State can pick up and have some of them go to the Gophers or Hawkeyes instead. Twisted Evil
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:13 pm

Markwes wrote:Then we should extend that theory to sports. Minnesota is a little guy in college football. I think we need to put a cap on the number of top 100 recruits Ohio State can pick up and have some of them go to the Gophers or Hawkeyes instead. Twisted Evil

Where have you been, the NCAA has limited the number of scholarships available. Trying for a tangent here from the real news of the decade and that being McCain is 8 more years of the shitty Bush years?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:38 pm

Bman wrote:

What an ignorant elitest comment ... doing OK if you make $10/hour. Raise a family on that Card, pay RENT, Groceries and gas for your beat up old car and medical. Card, you need a dose of reality. "Let them eat cake" mentality on this boards part.

And you need a reading comprehension lesson...

Go back and read what I wrote before getting your panties in a bunch.. I said that if you understand you can NOT buy all that stuff while making $10/hour you are doing ok.. if you make $10/hour AND buy all that stuff, you're an idiot...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:46 pm

meta4 wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:Krommie.. my guess is you're about a year away from Bman's income requirements.. no matter what you make. Obman will probably try and put in a higher tax rate for people who have their houses paid off, after all.. only the rich can do that.

Sorry, is it my 'rip van winkle syndrome'? Did I miss something, or do you think the Pres. controls the tax rates and tax cuts?

You mean like the "Bush" tax cut's that introduced the 10% tax bracket and 2008 0% tax bracket? But yes.. it is Congress who ultimately does everything.

So... you're saying the economy is shitty for most everyone. Smile I agree.

No.. I'm saying if you have a degree (like Accounting, Engineering, Urban Planning) as many on this board do.. the economy is fine. In all honesty, I think the economy is fine period. The people who are struggling by and large are the ones who were living beyond their means to start. Gas prices are just making it more of a reality. For those who don't work times are never great, so they can't be included in any comparison.

cardinal5150 wrote:Bman believes in what is essentially communism.. everyone works for the greater good of the country. No one becomes extremely wealthy (except those in control) and no one is left behind.. in essence... everyone suffers. It's the classic union mentality, protect the weak (poor) eliminate the strong (wealthy) and make everyone pay into a fund that only a select few control and can do whatever they want with.

Good lawd. I feel like I've been transported back into the cold war years. I remember my anti-communist teaching from grade school. It taught me to place a label on every idea, regardless of it's merit, that intends to change the way things are. This should be done with the intention of preserving the status quo of our great nation in hopes that problems will correct themselves if we just ignore them.

Just playing bman's political game.. divide and conquer.. The base theory to Obama's ideas are socialist/communist however.. he wants the rich to essentially give their money to the poor. Eliminate the outliers.. is that not one of the key factors to communism?

cardinal5150 wrote:What's great about all of Obama's promises is that he can't possibly achieve them without taxing the middle class and/or more. So even if he is elected he's priming himself for a great failure. And what's even better is people keep pointing to Jimmy Carter these days.. I was around then, but everyone I've talked to said he was one of the worst economic presidents ever. And now he's viewed as a great one.

Someone's gotta pay for the war. Oh wait, I forgot about the new "advertising supported" war.

cardinal5150 wrote:Raising taxes on anyone will hurt the economy. The Dem's are trying to implement another "New Deal" which could be argued to have actually extended the Great Depression, not fixed it. And this is why I support McCain on economics.. even though he admits to now knowing enough... he doesn't want to try and fix something he doesn't understand (which Obama won't admit). I'm all for more regulations (as Obama has proposed) on certain industries, but past that.. the gov't needs to keep out of the FREE market.

No, raising taxes won't necessarily harm the economy. Paying $10/gal for gas will hurt the economy. Paying $5 for a box of cereal, or $4.50 for a gallon of milk would hurt as well. Continuing to spend billions of dollars on an unnecessary war will hurt the economy.

"free" is to the market as "free" is to speech? Sometimes "free" speech gets one's teeth knocked out. Smile

Indeed it is.. and right now.. the FREE market is taking a beating because of their mistakes.. so why should the gov't bail it out? Let it fix it's problems (which is happening) and it'll come back stronger. Bail out the home loan companies and people will once again realize that if you screw up big enough, the government will save you. So the incentive is to royally screw people on a mass scale, instead of just one company.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:49 pm

Markwes wrote:Then we should extend that theory to sports. Minnesota is a little guy in college football. I think we need to put a cap on the number of top 100 recruits Ohio State can pick up and have some of them go to the Gophers or Hawkeyes instead. Twisted Evil

I think you raise an interesting point here.. in a comical way.

Applying AA in any manner to sports gives it a whole different twist.. I'd go further though and suggest some of them go to the Mighty Cardinals... now that's a school that NEEDS help on the football field.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:25 pm

Ok, I'm not trying to convince you or sway you to my position, but I'm merely giving my commentary, most of this is not directed at you personally, but I think what you have said is a reflection of a perspective held by a greater number of people than yourself.

cardinal5150 wrote:
No.. I'm saying if you have a degree (like Accounting, Engineering, Urban Planning) as many on this board do.. the economy is fine. In all honesty, I think the economy is fine period. The people who are struggling by and large are the ones who were living beyond their means to start. Gas prices are just making it more of a reality. For those who don't work times are never great, so they can't be included in any comparison.

IMO, The people who are struggling to make ends meet on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis are those that are right around the poverty level or below. This includes the elderly retirees, young college students or recent grads, middle aged families who have one spouse stay at home with the kids, etc. The thing I think people who are "comfortable" rather than "wealthy" fail to understand is how insulated they are from the regular fluctuations of the free market. Gas prices have raised awareness to this, not made the standard of living for the majority of America any more or less "real".

Those who are able and do not work should not be excluded. These are the BAD examples and they deserve their place.

Those who cannot work for one reason or another (effects of globalization) are included. I think globalization is a crock of shit, when in addition to commodities and services, we offshore jobs for American citizens. Basically, selling jobs overseas makes money. Almost in the same breath we bitch about taxes yet don't hold our representatives accountable for failure to properly handle illegal immigration.

cardinal5150 wrote:Just playing bman's political game.. divide and conquer.. The base theory to Obama's ideas are socialist/communist however.. he wants the rich to essentially give their money to the poor. Eliminate the outliers.. is that not one of the key factors to communism?

It sounds like you're attributing ethical ideals which support ideas about a change in leadership to a competing political system in order to characterize it in a negative light. It's not that I disagree about the fundamentals of what defines a communist government, but what you have just said is painting a picture with very broad strokes. Something that many of us do on this board from time to time. Spin. Smile

cardinal5150 wrote:Indeed it is.. and right now.. the FREE market is taking a beating because of their mistakes.. so why should the gov't bail it out? Let it fix it's problems (which is happening) and it'll come back stronger. Bail out the home loan companies and people will once again realize that if you screw up big enough, the government will save you. So the incentive is to royally screw people on a mass scale, instead of just one company.

If it were only that easy. Talking about things changes things. In the end, the big corps either get their bail out, or they declare bankruptcy and hang the taxpayer with the burden anyhow. The "free" market is not free. T.I.N.S.T.A.A.F.Loan
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:25 pm

Markwes wrote:Pez, I'm a little confused as to how you're making a connection between Obama raising taxes on the rich and government regulation of the free market. Isn't that apples and oranges. Making the rich pay more to help the poor is the main idea behind communism. I don't think Card misstated anything there.

sry, my post wasnt very organized. I was trying to share my opinion about both your key points and they ended up mingling together. Hoipefully they will not start to reproduce.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:30 pm

Today's daily devotional... closing prayer optional, but encouraged.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communism

Note the use of the term "socioeconomic"...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:49 pm

The economy is shitty right now for anyone who doesn't have a non-general studies degree and/or lives beyond their means. For the most part, if you have a specialized degree (as most on this board do) we're fine, and if you understand that you can't buy a new house, new car and big screen TV while making $10/hour, you're doing ok as well.

Bman believes in what is essentially communism.. everyone works for the greater good of the country. No one becomes extremely wealthy (except those in control) and no one is left behind.. in essence... everyone suffers. It's the classic union mentality, protect the weak (poor) eliminate the strong (wealthy) and make everyone pay into a fund that only a select few control and can do whatever they want with.

What's great about all of Obama's promises is that he can't possibly achieve them without taxing the middle class and/or more. So even if he is elected he's priming himself for a great failure. And what's even better is people keep pointing to Jimmy Carter these days.. I was around then, but everyone I've talked to said he was one of the worst economic presidents ever. And now he's viewed as a great one.

Raising taxes on anyone will hurt the economy. The Dem's are trying to implement another "New Deal" which could be argued to have actually extended the Great Depression, not fixed it. And this is why I support McCain on economics.. even though he admits to now knowing enough... he doesn't want to try and fix something he doesn't understand (which Obama won't admit). I'm all for more regulations (as Obama has proposed) on certain industries, but past that.. the gov't needs to keep out of the FREE market.

Cardie,

Believe it or not but I actually agree with most of what you stated. The only exception is your statement that you have to be rich to pay off your house. I don't think you have to be rich to pay your house off. But if you were being sarcastic when you made that comment then I agree with everything.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:27 pm

Kroman wrote:
Cardie,

Believe it or not but I actually agree with most of what you stated. The only exception is your statement that you have to be rich to pay off your house. I don't think you have to be rich to pay your house off. But if you were being sarcastic when you made that comment then I agree with everything.

Yes.. I was being sarcastic.. but to prove a point that the libs believe you have to be rich to pay off your house, as opposed to fiscally responsible.

And I'm not surprised because from a financial standpoint you and I think alike. We're both conservative.. it's just the social views that we differ on.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2