The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

57 states clarification

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

57 states clarification - Page 2 Empty Re: 57 states clarification

Post  Guest Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:13 pm

In my comment I stated clearly that he doesnt need to know the differences between the sects on a religious level, because the fact they are tied to islam is immaterial. The fact that they are warring factions in Iraq is material, and more so than a tired candidate saying "state" when he means "city".

Since when does an accent change the order of syllables? Read my post... I'm not saying we should worry about the arsenal because Bush cant pronounce it, anymore than I'm saying that we should worry about Obama's understanding of the country because he was tired and made a mistake speaking.

Face it... you've been smacked down your sh** is weak.. next time you come back here you need to bring more.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:35 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:

Like I said... it's telling to see that you're more concerned with the different denominations of Islam than you are with history of our own nation.

Quick.. what's the difference between Buddhists and Hindu's? How 'bout Protestants and Lutherans, or Baptists and Pentecostals or Mennonites and Amish (Yes.. they are separate)? They are every bit as relevant as the Islam differences. Unless of course you are implying that middle eastern residents should matter to a President more so than the residents of the United States of America.

Just in case Bman missed the question.... or are you just avoiding it?

First Card, Lutherans ARE Protestants.

McCain was standing there making a specific point about Iran and he fucked up the comment, to the point Joe Lieberman had to rescue him. I don't think anybody on this message board or in America thinks Barack Obama does not know how many states there are in this union, but there are people in American who doubt John McCain's grasp on what is really going on in the Middle East. Sad thing though, he says foreign policy is his specialty ... god helps us economically if foreign policy is his strength.

I won't respond to another ludicrious statement by you regarding the 57 state comment, if that is the best you got, then you ain't got nothing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:36 pm

pez wrote:In my comment I stated clearly that he doesnt need to know the differences between the sects on a religious level, because the fact they are tied to islam is immaterial. The fact that they are warring factions in Iraq is material, and more so than a tired candidate saying "state" when he means "city".

Since when does an accent change the order of syllables? Read my post... I'm not saying we should worry about the arsenal because Bush cant pronounce it, anymore than I'm saying that we should worry about Obama's understanding of the country because he was tired and made a mistake speaking.

Face it... you've been smacked down your sh** is weak.. next time you come back here you need to bring more.

He is just full of shit, worthless shit.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:38 pm

Bman wrote:
pez wrote:In my comment I stated clearly that he doesnt need to know the differences between the sects on a religious level, because the fact they are tied to islam is immaterial. The fact that they are warring factions in Iraq is material, and more so than a tired candidate saying "state" when he means "city".

He is just full of shit, worthless shit.

LOL... easy now... evveryone gets owned from time to time, this is just card's time Very Happy

And it cant be true too... I'd buy card a beer, and I'm not a fan of wasting beer on worthless shit.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:43 pm

Bman wrote:...but there are people in American who doubt John McCain's grasp on what is really going on in the Middle East.

And I bet I could guess their party affiliation.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:56 pm

smacked down by who? One person who can't answer a question and your attempts at spinning the question to fit what you want it to be? Pez.. I appreciate you trying to hold some semblance on respectability for the dem's, but come on.. you just spun yourself 540 degrees...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:59 pm

Bman wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:

Like I said... it's telling to see that you're more concerned with the different denominations of Islam than you are with history of our own nation.

Quick.. what's the difference between Buddhists and Hindu's? How 'bout Protestants and Lutherans, or Baptists and Pentecostals or Mennonites and Amish (Yes.. they are separate)? They are every bit as relevant as the Islam differences. Unless of course you are implying that middle eastern residents should matter to a President more so than the residents of the United States of America.

Just in case Bman missed the question.... or are you just avoiding it?

First Card, Lutherans ARE Protestants.

And I'm sure there's absolutely no difference between the two.. they just have different churches and all...

McCain was standing there making a specific point about Iran and he fucked up the comment, to the point Joe Lieberman had to rescue him. I don't think anybody on this message board or in America thinks Barack Obama does not know how many states there are in this union, but there are people in American who doubt John McCain's grasp on what is really going on in the Middle East. Sad thing though, he says foreign policy is his specialty ... god helps us economically if foreign policy is his strength.

I won't respond to another ludicrious statement by you regarding the 57 state comment, if that is the best you got, then you ain't got nothing.

meanwhile you'll jerk off over someone mixing up minor differences in two Islamic factions... but hey.. that matters... enjoy your tax hikes when the economy is going to shit Herbert..
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:02 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:

smacked down by who? One person who can't answer a question and your attempts at spinning the question to fit what you want it to be? Pez.. I appreciate you trying to hold some semblance on respectability for the dem's, but come on.. you just spun yourself 540 degrees...

Now where did I spin any of this? From where I sit, it seems that you are the one trying to do the spinning... first by making the assumption (inexplicably, because I know you arent stupid) that Obama's 57 states comment was More than a slip of the tongue. Then by putting forth the obviously false notion that shiites are to sunni's as Protestants are to lutherans...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:14 pm

pez wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:

Now where did I spin any of this? From where I sit, it seems that you are the one trying to do the spinning... first by making the assumption (inexplicably, because I know you arent stupid) that Obama's 57 states comment was More than a slip of the tongue. Then by putting forth the obviously false notion that shiites are to sunni's as Protestants are to lutherans...

First.. the religion comparison was only made to point out that if you are going to worry about different sects.. worry about the major religion in your own country first.. AND.. shiite and sunni are two Islamic sects.. just as Lutheran and Protestant are two Christian Sects.. I never at any point implied that Christians were out killing people.. however, it can be argued that you are generalizing quite a bit by assuming that Islam is killing American Soldiers....

And my point on the 57 states was that I view knowing that we have 50 states up there with knowing that we have 50 stars and 13 stripes, July 4th is our Independence Day, George Washington was our first President, and we are located between Canada and Mexico. The only people that get those things wrong are people who didn't finish high school.. not Harvard Grad's.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:23 pm

Card ... deep breath man! First, protestants are Lutherans, protestants are baptists, protestants are methodists, protestants are presbyterians ....

So you don't think the 57 state comment was a slip of the tongue ... LOL. Harvard must not have done a very good job at educating people. Now for you McCain's slip was simply just confusing a small little religious sect. King of like if you called Jews the same thing as Palistinians. LOL.

Card, you need to sit back and think this one through ... you are sounding completely foolish and I usually have that market held hostage around here.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:24 pm

Bman wrote:Card, you need to sit back and think this one through ... you are sounding completely foolish and I usually have that market held hostage around here.
That's one of the funniest lines I've read today! Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:26 am

cardinal5150 wrote:
pez wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:

First.. the religion comparison was only made to point out that if you are going to worry about different sects.. worry about the major religion in your own country first.. AND.. shiite and sunni are two Islamic sects.. just as Lutheran and Protestant are two Christian Sects.. I never at any point implied that Christians were out killing people.. however, it can be argued that you are generalizing quite a bit by assuming that Islam is killing American Soldiers....

And my point on the 57 states was that I view knowing that we have 50 states up there with knowing that we have 50 stars and 13 stripes, July 4th is our Independence Day, George Washington was our first President, and we are located between Canada and Mexico. The only people that get those things wrong are people who didn't finish high school.. not Harvard Grad's.

I'm not assuming that Islam is killing american soldiers. It's a fact that sectarian violence takes place in Iraq between the Sunni and Shiites, it's also a fact that the sectarian violence is at time resulting in the deaths of American soldiers. There's no assumption there at all.

And seriously, if you really think Obama thinks there's more than 50 states, then I'm not going to win any argument. I dont believe you really think that tho. And for the record, Protestant is superclass of religious sects, made up (for the most part) of non-catholic Christians. Lutherans, Baptists, methodists are all protestants, so named after Martin Luther nailed his protest to the church door.

And just so it should be said, I'm really not angry about all of this, just enjoying a good natured argument... I'm really joking around when I'm saying your sh** is weak Surprised
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:42 am

Pez I have tried enlightening Card about his protestant comment for three posts now, I don't think he reads clearly ... he wants to only hear his voice in his brain. lol
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:25 am

What's funny is you two think I actually care about the differences between Protestants and anyone.. which is completely missing the point of the original post about the differences in religion.. and I honestly can't say it surprises me that Bman misses the point as he's about 95% full of BO jizz by this point.

Personally.. I don't care what the differences are between Sunni's and Shiite's and Jews and Muslims.. the facts are, they believe their dead person is more valid than the other persons dead person, and because of that, they are going to kill each other. Religion is more often than not an irrational thought process that does very little good in the grand scheme of things. Because for every soup kitchen and outreach program there are wars and genocide.

So not knowing the difference between Sunni and Shiite to me is a non-issue. All you really need to know is that they don't like each other, which everyone knows and no matter what you do to try and make them like each other, they won't do it until THEY want to. There's nothing BO or McCain can say/do to have them frollick in the desert together hand in hand like little school girls.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:28 am

cardinal5150 wrote:What's funny is you two think I actually care about the differences between Protestants and anyone.. which is completely missing the point of the original post about the differences in religion.. and I honestly can't say it surprises me that Bman misses the point as he's about 95% full of BO jizz by this point.

Personally.. I don't care what the differences are between Sunni's and Shiite's and Jews and Muslims.. the facts are, they believe their dead person is more valid than the other persons dead person, and because of that, they are going to kill each other. Religion is more often than not an irrational thought process that does very little good in the grand scheme of things. Because for every soup kitchen and outreach program there are wars and genocide.

So not knowing the difference between Sunni and Shiite to me is a non-issue. All you really need to know is that they don't like each other, which everyone knows and no matter what you do to try and make them like each other, they won't do it until THEY want to. There's nothing BO or McCain can say/do to have them frollick in the desert together hand in hand like little school girls.

Thats cool... So it should have mattered to Roosevelt the difference between the Germans and the British...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:47 am

pez wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:What's funny is you two think I actually care about the differences between Protestants and anyone.. which is completely missing the point of the original post about the differences in religion.. and I honestly can't say it surprises me that Bman misses the point as he's about 95% full of BO jizz by this point.

Thats cool... So it should have mattered to Roosevelt the difference between the Germans and the British...

That's nationality.. not religion/ideology, amoungst other things. And no.. the basic differences didn't matter.. one wanted to kill the other.. that's all that really mattered. Did WWII end because we came to understand the Japanese better or the Germans better? No.. it ended because we killed more of them and destroyed their army and their spirits.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2