The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Food Stamp usage up...

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Food Stamp usage up... - Page 2 Empty Re: Food Stamp usage up...

Post  Guest Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:51 pm

LTRT wrote:
meta4 wrote:Under the Bush (W) administration, food stamp enrollment has nearly doubled from ~17M to ~28M, that's an increase of nearly 65% since 2000.

Wonder what the numbers are in relation to all the corporate layoffs.

What do you mean? I don't understand your sentence fragment.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:02 pm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/15/AR2007051501957.html

An article from 2002 which features 4 lawmakers taking a $21/week food stamp challenge.

Last edited by meta4 on Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:02 pm

meta4 wrote:
LTRT wrote:
meta4 wrote:Under the Bush (W) administration, food stamp enrollment has nearly doubled from ~17M to ~28M, that's an increase of nearly 65% since 2000.

Wonder what the numbers are in relation to all the corporate layoffs.

What do you mean? I don't understand your sentence fragment.

Just trying to figure out this original post and its implied intent. All we hear about is how bad the middle class and the poor has it. But we know that major corporations have had layoffs, just wondering how many of these former rich people are now on food stamps.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:07 pm

LTRT,

My guess is they would probably have the same or similar experiences as these fine folks...

http://foodstampchallenge.typepad.com/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:43 pm

Oh so we should have the same level of compassion for a corporate CEO who is let go with a golden parachute. Meta, too many on this board think everyone is capable of getting by on their own if they did. Heck, we have heard Markwes talk about how he worked for $2.00 per hour back when he started ... and LTRT lost his job several years ago and he got by .. well these folks might have a few more skills and knowledge than Joe out in Ossian who is a factory worker making $9/hour with no benefits and loses his job. Joe needs our help more than a laid off CEO of Vera Bradley or Tokheim.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:46 pm

Bman wrote:Oh so we should have the same level of compassion for a corporate CEO who is let go with a golden parachute. Meta, too many on this board think everyone is capable of getting by on their own if they did. Heck, we have heard Markwes talk about how he worked for $2.00 per hour back when he started ... and LTRT lost his job several years ago and he got by .. well these folks might have a few more skills and knowledge than Joe out in Ossian who is a factory worker making $9/hour with no benefits and loses his job. Joe needs our help more than a laid off CEO of Vera Bradley or Tokheim.

Yeh your right Bman, I do have skills. They consist of cooking, welding plus a myriad of other things all of which I would be willing to do if the need arises.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:54 pm

I'm a little irritated today, can't put my finger on it...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:55 pm

meta4 wrote:I'm a little irritated today, can't put my finger on it...
Does Meta need a huggie wuggie?
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:00 pm

meta4 wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:I'd actually say Pez "fields" more of the questions on Obama.. at least in terms of answering them.. Bman just repeats "change, change, change" and McSame.

Dang, well congrats Card "you really got me"!

I guess I've been misinterpreting comments about Obama for a while now... Apparently they're just "Pez bait". Yeah, I get it now. Pez cherry picks the stuff that bounces off Bman.

I've really thought of you as more of an independent from what I've noticed.. you think all of them are full of shit.. or at least that's the impression I've gotten..
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:01 pm

Bman wrote:Oh so we should have the same level of compassion for a corporate CEO who is let go with a golden parachute. Meta, too many on this board think everyone is capable of getting by on their own if they did. Heck, we have heard Markwes talk about how he worked for $2.00 per hour back when he started ... and LTRT lost his job several years ago and he got by .. well these folks might have a few more skills and knowledge than Joe out in Ossian who is a factory worker making $9/hour with no benefits and loses his job. Joe needs our help more than a laid off CEO of Vera Bradley or Tokheim.

Don't forget meta.. he lost his job and appears to be doing fine...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:25 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:
meta4 wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:I'd actually say Pez "fields" more of the questions on Obama.. at least in terms of answering them.. Bman just repeats "change, change, change" and McSame.

Dang, well congrats Card "you really got me"!

I guess I've been misinterpreting comments about Obama for a while now... Apparently they're just "Pez bait". Yeah, I get it now. Pez cherry picks the stuff that bounces off Bman.

I've really thought of you as more of an independent from what I've noticed.. you think all of them are full of shit.. or at least that's the impression I've gotten..

naw, jeez. I don't think anyone on this board is full much more than their opinion. Smile

I think, after giving up on Ron Paul, the lesser of two evils is Obama. Arguing about an election is like arguing about a horse at the Kentucky Derby. Or the winner of the Indy 500. For me the presidential scenario is: "America is going 226 mph. Do I want to see this country go head first into the wall, or do you want to see it get pushed sideways into the wall?"

</tangent>

Ya see, if we wuz talkin bout cars... The Food Stamp program is a good dipstick into the oilpan of the other half of society. Suspect
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2