The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three Rivers Festival (I was going to type 3RF but not long enough title, so I should go on and on and on ....

+7
Gusto
Cincy Fan 44
Markwes
Canuck
moondrop
iberlingirl
LTRT
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Three Rivers Festival (I was going to type 3RF but not long enough title, so I should go on and on and on .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Three Rivers Festival (I was going to type 3RF but not long enough title, so I should go on and on and on ....

Post  Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:14 am

moondrop wrote:
meta4 wrote:
moondrop wrote:Tolerance of non christianty behavior NO, there is no room for it, nor are we taught it from scriptures.
Diversity as far as cultures, color, etc.. more than welcome, but not sinful ongoing behavior.

Moon, are you commenting on the faerie performing group, or your generalizing about your personal views?

Probably a little of both. The faerie group was way out in left field and had nothing to do with biblical principles.
And yes the above is my own personal views as well.

So what, I do not know why so many are getting their panties in a bunch? Arrow

I don't know why some let themselves get ruffled... but if I may offer a bit of advice in a metaphor.

Bayer aspirin. Coated.

Get it?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Three Rivers Festival (I was going to type 3RF but not long enough title, so I should go on and on and on .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Three Rivers Festival (I was going to type 3RF but not long enough title, so I should go on and on and on ....

Post  Markwes Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:17 am

Sorry Meta. You're over my head.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:19 am

Markwes wrote:Sorry Meta. You're over my head.

That's because it wasn't meant for you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:22 am

moondrop wrote:
meta4 wrote:
moondrop wrote:Tolerance of non christianty behavior NO, there is no room for it, nor are we taught it from scriptures.
Diversity as far as cultures, color, etc.. more than welcome, but not sinful ongoing behavior.

Moon, are you commenting on the faerie performing group, or your generalizing about your personal views?

Probably a little of both. The faerie group was way out in left field and had nothing to do with biblical principles.
And yes the above is my own personal views as well. So what, I do not know why so many are getting their panties in a bunch? Arrow

Who said the performers at C2G had to follow biblical principles? I think you were just in the wrong place. Hey ... PrideFest is this week ... you going there to Doe and complaining about the Fairy's there too? Tell them it was not biblical for them to be there. No less in Headwaters Park.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:23 am

Oliver's Army wrote:Then let me rag a bit.

If you know anything about C2G you would know that its only a *Church* when services are being held.

The remaining time it's a performance space that encourages diversity in genre's. The ONLY thinkg that C2G requests is that performers respect that while a performance space, It is still an all-ages, family-friendly environment that is Christian-based, and to tailor their act accordingly.

I know the people who book the shows at C2G , and trust me, if there was an act that didn't/wouldn't/couldn't fit, they would politely decline.

So Moon, if you can pull off the freaking blinders and remove that self-righteous stick out of youir backside, maybe you might begin to appreciate the efforts of C2G and talent that's available out there.

If you dislike C2G so much, please don't go. They don't want you there.

Perhaps you can start your own performance space and hire only acts that share your condescending, narrow-minded, hysterical, right-wing view of the world.

God Bless.

Dumbass.

OA most of your posts give me a chuckle ... the "perhaps" paragraph made me laugh!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:28 am

So, was there anything else going on at the festival besides C2G? affraid
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:32 am

Markwes wrote:So, was there anything else going on at the festival besides C2G? affraid

I'd rather make fun of the elec-trike posse Smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:33 am

I understand that at the demonic child sacrifice & goat blood baptism into the pits of Hellfire tent, they served a nice light brunch and white wine spritzers.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:48 am

I think Meta4 is auditioning for the role of the Riddler in the next Batman movie... geek
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  moondrop Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:48 am

Bman wrote:
moondrop wrote:
meta4 wrote:

And yes the above is my own personal views as well. So what, I do not know why so many are getting their panties in a bunch? Arrow

Who said the performers at C2G had to follow biblical principles? I think you were just in the wrong place. Hey ... PrideFest is this week ... you going there to Doe and complaining about the Fairy's there too? Tell them it was not biblical for them to be there. No less in Headwaters Park.

If that is what you and others want to do go for it. I will stay far away, very simple. Sleep

moondrop
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 351

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:12 am

moondrop wrote:If that is what you and others want to do go for it. I will stay far away, very simple. Sleep

Thanks for your comments. You still remember that to the powerful majority here, "the Doe experience" is about as entertaining as a fire hose enema, right?

Keep it in mind at all times... carry on...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  moondrop Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:19 am

meta4 wrote:
moondrop wrote:If that is what you and others want to do go for it. I will stay far away, very simple. Sleep

Thanks for your comments. You still remember that to the powerful majority here, "the Doe experience" is about as entertaining as a fire hose enema, right?

But some may need that enema!!! Laughing

moondrop
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:22 am

moondrop wrote:
meta4 wrote:

But some may need that enema!!! Laughing
That reminds me of the line Jack Nicholson had as the Joker in the 1989 Batman movie: "This town needs an enema!" (Not that I in any way shape or form think I need one.) jocolor
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  moondrop Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:24 am

Wink

moondrop
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:03 pm

Card, you have been on the rag for a few days now, when will it be over? affraid

Because clearly God and Jesus want you to hate everyone who is different and not tolerate them... what a fine example of Christian beliefs you are.. just make sure you take off your white hood when you go out and you'll be fine.

What's funny is that you actually claim to not be Dope yet you make the exact same stupid ass comments as you did on the other board... what.. you couldn't figure out when we all left to start our own board away from YOU that you weren't welcome? You really have no one to talk to that you have to come find people who think you're a piece of trash to spew your hatred? In the words of Tim Wilson.. have fun in Hell son.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:34 pm

Oliver's Army wrote:I understand that at the demonic child sacrifice & goat blood baptism into the pits of Hellfire tent, they served a nice light brunch and white wine spritzers.

That would actually make me consider coming back to Fort Wayne to visit.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:36 pm

What would? The wine spritzers?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:47 pm

Nah, the former. Nothing like sacrificing some little brats and a goat. Although, I usually feel bad for the goat.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:58 pm

will the virgin Connie Swail be at the sacrific? If so, count me in.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:31 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:will the virgin Connie Swail be at the sacrific? If so, count me in.
Friday: Now let me tell you something, Streebeck. There are two things that clearly differentiate the human species from animals. One, we use cutlery. Two, we're capable of controlling our sexual urges. Now, you might be an exception, but don't drag me down into your private Hell. Laughing Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:18 pm

Maybe we can bring something like this to 3RF. What could be more fun than hurling fireballs at each other?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1638863.ece
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Three Rivers Festival (I was going to type 3RF but not long enough title, so I should go on and on and on .... - Page 2 Empty fire

Post  Gusto Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:40 pm

Maybe in connection with the Raft Race. Otherwise, leave me out..

Gusto
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:53 pm

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Indiana's NewsCenter) - Indiana's NewsCenter has learned that there will be big changes to the Three Rivers Festival this summer.

The annual Fort Wayne festival will begin Friday, July 9th and will end on Saturday, the 17th.

That means the traditional end of the festival fireworks display will be on a Saturday night, instead of a Sunday.

The executive director of the Three Rivers Festival tells us the change will give vendors time to clean up on Sunday, after the festival has ended and allow families the chance to enjoy the fireworks, without worrying about having to go to work the next morning. Three Rivers Festival (I was going to type 3RF but not long enough title, so I should go on and on and on .... - Page 2 784608

scratch

So are they telling us that the parade will be on a work day in downtown? What a nightmare that'll be for those going to work. I'm guessing maybe the "opening day" parade will now be moved to the second day. Rolling Eyes

I suppose this shouldn't be all that surprising considering all of the goofy things they come up with in this town.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:42 pm

A week after firing the executive director because of a lack of money, two Three Rivers Festival board officers have resigned - with one of them questioning the annual event's survival and uneasy relationship with major sponsors.
http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100120/NEWS/1200341

Is it the end? Does anyone care?

We've heard for a years now about high prices, lack of value (entertainment and otherwise). I say goodbye, I personally haven't enjoyed hardly anything about 3rf for years.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:57 pm

LTRT wrote:
A week after firing the executive director because of a lack of money, two Three Rivers Festival board officers have resigned - with one of them questioning the annual event's survival and uneasy relationship with major sponsors.
http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100120/NEWS/1200341

Is it the end? Does anyone care?

We've heard for a years now about high prices, lack of value (entertainment and otherwise). I say goodbye, I personally haven't enjoyed hardly anything about 3rf for years.

The fireworks are cool...

More seriously, It's sad... one of the things that i really enjoyed when I was an Indianapolis transplant and lived downtown. It was only after I became naturalized that I stopped enjoying the festival... or maybe affter I moved out of the city side of three rivers apts... Those were some awesome parties. The 2000 New Year's eve Party where the beef jerky ended up in the microwave and we kicked the guy out for doing cocaine was epic.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next