The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Star Game: Son of a biscuit!!!

3 posters

Go down

All-Star Game:  Son of a biscuit!!! Empty All-Star Game: Son of a biscuit!!!

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:56 pm

Damn, the Reds lone All-Star, Edinson Volquez, just served up a game-tying HR to the AL. Damn! Evil or Very Mad
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

All-Star Game:  Son of a biscuit!!! Empty Re: All-Star Game: Son of a biscuit!!!

Post  Guest Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:02 am

Ouch... it's not always fun being Cincy Fan.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

All-Star Game:  Son of a biscuit!!! Empty Re: All-Star Game: Son of a biscuit!!!

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:14 am

pez wrote:Ouch... it's not always fun being Cincy Fan.
It ain't easy bein' red...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:21 am

Heard the Cubs lost home field advantage last night with the extra inning game .... if they end with the best record in baseball. Dirk was crying on the radio this morning on the way in to work. lol
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:26 am

Bman wrote:Heard the Cubs lost home field advantage last night with the extra inning game .... if they end with the best record in baseball. Dirk was crying on the radio this morning on the way in to work. lol
That's assuming they'll even make the World Series. I betcha a baloney sammich they don't. Billy goats, black cats, and geeks trying to catch foul balls have a way of rearing their ugly heads toward the end of the season...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:31 am

Anybody else stay up to 1:30 in the morning to see the end of the game in the 15th inning? I fell asleep for the 13th and 14th innings. I was really concerned we were going to have another Milwaukee 2002 All-Star situation and have the game end in a tie.

It's times like this, when a game goes on for that long, just have a homerun hitting contest between the 2 leagues to decide it already!
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:50 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Bman wrote:Heard the Cubs lost home field advantage last night with the extra inning game .... if they end with the best record in baseball. Dirk was crying on the radio this morning on the way in to work. lol
That's assuming they'll even make the World Series. I betcha a baloney sammich they don't. Billy goats, black cats, and geeks trying to catch foul balls have a way of rearing their ugly heads toward the end of the season...
I heard you are not doing so well in the baloney sammich wagers so far. Razz

This deal with home field advantage in the World Series is baloney in itself. Not saying Clint Hurdle wasn't trying, but here you have a NL manager who's team is virtually out of the race against an AL manager who has a very good chance of making it to the World Series.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:57 am

I completely agree. I think the team with the best record should get home field advantage in the playoffs. And another thing or two...do away with these long-ass 7 game series' already! Cut it down to 3 games. Home Field Advantage teams get games 1 & 3. And I don't think it would affect revenue (both TV commercial time and ticket revenue) all that much. Having 3 games would increase the demand for the games, thereby driving up ticket prices, and it would -- in my estimation -- increase viewership, thereby increasing the amount the network can charge for ad time.

Look at the Super Bowl. How much is the cheapest ticket? $500? How much is a national TV commercial? A couple million or so? Baseball needs a revolution and this would go a long way to getting people more interested in the sport!!!
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:00 am

I am going to go ahead and make a bold statement...

I couldn't give a giant rat's ass about baseball.

There. I said it. I feel better.

Let the hatin' begin.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:07 am

Oliver's Army wrote:I am going to go ahead and make a bold statement...

Let the hatin' begin.
Just to clarify, does "giant" refer to the whole rat or just it's ass?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:10 am

Let the hatin' begin.
I hate you (and your big old dogs too). Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:14 am

Markwes wrote:

Let the hatin' begin.
Just to clarify, does "giant" refer to the whole rat or just it's ass?

It would imply that it would be the ENTIRE rat, but in this case I envision a giant rat *with* a huge ghetto booty.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:24 am

People who discuss the All-Star game at great length.

Oops, should've been in the Pet Peeves thread. Razz Razz Razz
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:17 am

Other observations from the All-Star Game (b/c I give a rat's ass)

1) In the 8th inning, I got a chuckle out of the Yankee fans berating the Red Sox closer (Jonathan Papplebon) with the "OVER-RATED" chant.

2) Very classy of the AL mgr Terry Francona (of the Red Sox) to take Yankees A-Rod and Jeter out the way he did. He let them start an inning defensively, but did the untraditional thing and removed them partway through the inning so that the Yankees' fans could cheer them coming off the field.

3) George Steinbrenner is not long for this earth. They brought him out in a golf cart to deliver the baseballs for the ceremonial first pitches. He was clearly overwhelmed, and he had that look of someone who is in a nursing home and gets overwhelmed. He never got out of the cart either. I know he's given up some control of the team, but they've been pretty good about keeping his health issues from the general public.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:56 pm

i saw the highlights this morning.. that was enough for me. Then the guys in ESPN were bitching because it's taking away players from their teams when they have to pitch... cry me a river.. it's a gift to be allowed to play in that game, god forbid players should actually try.. bunch of babies.. they should be happy people show up to the ballpark at all.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down