The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indian food (relocating topic from windmill thread)

3 posters

Go down

Indian food (relocating topic from windmill thread) Empty Indian food (relocating topic from windmill thread)

Post  Canuck Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:51 am

Just figure we might as well start up here.

Last night I had Jamaican food.
Jerk chicken, curried goat, rice and peas.

Any good Indian restaurants close by you?
I have some chicken marinating in curry and spices for another BBQ on Sunday. Ever tried that?
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Indian food (relocating topic from windmill thread) Empty Re: Indian food (relocating topic from windmill thread)

Post  Guest Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:53 am

I jerked a chicken last week.

He still owes me $40
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Indian food (relocating topic from windmill thread) Empty Re: Indian food (relocating topic from windmill thread)

Post  Canuck Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:54 am

Oliver's Army wrote:I jerked a chicken last week.

He still owes me $40

LOL, you're screwed. Always collect up front.

Maybe you didn't give the chicken the real thing OA.

http://therealjerk.com/index.html
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:01 am

I don't know if it's good or not but I'll be going to Taj Mahal for lunch. I've never eaten there and a friend invited me but I bet it'll be easy to find something good.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:04 am

I think Aggie had posted about that place, I can't remember if it was on this board or the other one.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggie Transplant Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:13 pm

I liked Taj Mahal okay, but my hub didn't care for it. It's decent enough, but I wouldn't rank it in my top 5 fave Indian restaurants.

I'm curious what you thought.

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1124

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:56 pm

I've eaten at several Indian restaurants, but more frequently had take out. I've eaten dinner with an Indian family as well. I say that because even though the menu's offer traditional standard Indian dishes, there's great variety between them.

At Taj, I had the buffet and it was good. The chutney was hot, the Mulligatawny was good. Rice, Naan, etc. were all good. Chicken was good, etc. As buffet style usually dictates, the temp could have been a little higher, but that's so hard to regulate so I would say it was good as well. Soup was actually a little too hot (temp.) Yogurt stuff was good, and the mint chutney? was really good.

I'd go back again for the buffet because you get to try a lot of the dishes. I'd rate it a 7/10, which is .... good. Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:55 am

Did you have Butter Chicken?

Making the mint chutney is pretty simple too.
All it is is mint chopped and mixed in with plain yogurt, some people also add cilantro to it.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:24 pm

Canuck wrote:Did you have Butter Chicken?

Making the mint chutney is pretty simple too.
All it is is mint chopped and mixed in with plain yogurt, some people also add cilantro to it.

The butter/tomato sauce? Yep, had that and it was real good. (hehe, good)

The mint chutney had no yogurt. Garlic, mint, maybe onion... it was like 'pickle'.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:32 pm

Right, the green one then. Yes, it is mostly mint just chopped or blended with salt, garlic I think onions (not every place puts onions).
The yogurt one is called Raita (all sorts of versions). I think the most common one is yogurt, cucumber, mint or cilantro.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:59 pm

Canuck wrote:The yogurt one is called Raita (all sorts of versions). I think the most common one is yogurt, cucumber, mint or cilantro.

I had the Raita too, cucumber & tomato... it was sweetened as well.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:28 pm

I prefer the sweeter ones, I know someone who makes it with cumin and spices like that, I am not a big fan of that.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:36 pm

I'm gonna hit the Taj for lunch buffet. Can't wait Smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:41 pm

I can just go next door to get some real Indian food. Very Happy
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:47 pm

Markwes wrote:I can just go next door to get some real Indian food. Very Happy

Where's that? A restaurant or a home?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:55 pm

meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote:I can just go next door to get some real Indian food. Very Happy

Where's that? A restaurant or a home?
It's our neighbors. One of those "we will have to have you guys over for dinner sometime" conversations, so hopefully they really mean it.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:09 pm

Markwes wrote:It's our neighbors. One of those "we will have to have you guys over for dinner sometime" conversations, so hopefully they really mean it.

If they do, it will probably be worth the wait. Smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down