The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A 5 minute video we ALL need to watch

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A 5 minute video we ALL need to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: A 5 minute video we ALL need to watch

Post  Guest Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:17 pm

Oliver's Army wrote:video

That shit was so cash.

Last edited by Jugomugo on Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

A 5 minute video we ALL need to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: A 5 minute video we ALL need to watch

Post  Guest Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:38 pm

Markwes wrote:
MichaelK wrote:Mark, I really do try to NOT fall into the ad hominem attacks and simple name-calling. It's just childish. It's like calling people dumbocrats and leftards or republicants and right wingnuts etc. It says more about the poster than it does about their subject.

I hate to break this to you, but your argument still fails, and is rather amusing. Better? Because "jumping in" (posting) is what the thread is for... and I also posted the same video link that started this thread elsewhere. It's not even "Bman's BS," it's the Daily Show's. And how is it BS if they're actually just comparing interview clips of Karl Rove and others that aired? You could answer that if you took a few minutes to watch. So having posted this and a companion video to it, I have a pretty good idea of what this is about I think.

*You haven't even watched the video.*

And you seem to give enough of a rat's ass about Fox News to make fun of Jesse Jackson in your avatar there... which is actually an amusing thing, as that's part of what's going on in the video clip, just aimed at a different faction.

So yeah, if you're going to be all butthurt and not even going to participate by watching the video and offering an informed opinion, why post at all?
That's probably the first time I've participated in name-calling and I don't care for it either, so my apologies. I was quite revved up this morning. The other major turnoff for me is an obsession for tearing down a particular group, in this case republicans. I would feel the same if it was the other way around. And I don't like to be labeled as a Rush-bot just for saying something about Obama. So, I decided there were a couple posters here that just keep putting out the same mud-slinging drivel, and I'm not reading it anymore. Simple as that. And just for kicks, I decided I was going to make a comment on each thread stating that fact. Sooo, the fact that I have not even watched the video is the whole point. I don't even have any idea what it's about. Childish? Maybe, but I have to have fun somehow.

That's funny, when I started to read your post, you gave an apology, but then you go on to offer an excuse and finally finish without any reference to the apology. You couldn't have said it better yourself!
cheers

But really I only wanted to post, to point out that maybe you should read before you post to save yourself from heaping embarrassment upon... yourself.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:41 pm

meta4 wrote:
That's funny, when I started to read your post, you gave an apology, but then you go on to offer an excuse and finally finish without any reference to the apology. You couldn't have said it better yourself!
cheers

But really I only wanted to post, to point out that maybe you should read before you post to save yourself from heaping embarrassment upon... yourself.
If I ever need a psychoanalyst or thread monitor, I'll keep you in mind.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:41 pm

MichaelK wrote:
Markwes wrote:
Yeah, you fail moron. Jump in the conversation when you have no idea what it's about. But hey, he's not worshipping Obama like the rest of us so I'll just chime in. I don't give a rat's ass about Fox News or Rush Limbaugh or Karl Rove. Like I said, Bman has lost any credibility with me so I ignore his BS. Thanks for your input though.

Mark, I really do try to NOT fall into the ad hominem attacks and simple name-calling. It's just childish. It's like calling people dumbocrats and leftards or republicants and right wingnuts etc. It says more about the poster than it does about their subject.

I hate to break this to you, but your argument still fails, and is rather amusing. Better? Because "jumping in" (posting) is what the thread is for... and I also posted the same video link that started this thread elsewhere. It's not even "Bman's BS," it's the Daily Show's. And how is it BS if they're actually just comparing interview clips of Karl Rove and others that aired? You could answer that if you took a few minutes to watch. So having posted this and a companion video to it, I have a pretty good idea of what this is about I think.

*You haven't even watched the video.*

And you seem to give enough of a rat's ass about Fox News to make fun of Jesse Jackson in your avatar there... which is actually an amusing thing, as that's part of what's going on in the video clip, just aimed at a different faction.

So yeah, if you're going to be all butthurt and not even going to participate by watching the video and offering an informed opinion, why post at all?

Post of the week!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:56 pm

I still say Markwes shouldn't HAVE to watch the video. His decision to watch it should be between him and his computer. Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:23 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:I still say Markwes shouldn't HAVE to watch the video. His decision to watch it should be between him and his computer. Laughing

Hey, I agree with you Cincy! But only because you're not talking like a butt bruised conservative! Laughing J/K

Nobody said he HAD to watch it. Merely pointing out that responses in threads discussing posted material would have more impact by actually reading said material first requires a PhD in psychology or someshit...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:27 pm

meta4 wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:I still say Markwes shouldn't HAVE to watch the video. His decision to watch it should be between him and his computer. Laughing

Hey, I agree with you Cincy! But only because you're not talking like a butt bruised conservative! Laughing J/K

Nobody said he HAD to watch it. Merely pointing out that responses in threads discussing posted material would have more impact by actually reading said material first requires a PhD in psychology or someshit...
I think Bman said we NEED to watch it (it is the title of the thread after all), which I take as HAVE to watch it, but I digress...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:30 pm

... and Psycho-analysts can't write prescriptions for Xanax. Bummer.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:00 pm

Bman, apparently I am offending some of our fellow Board members by responding to your posts. Far be it for me to ruin a perfectly fine forum, so I'll try to abstain. Feel free to post at will while I eagerly await some more useful tips from your guardian Meta, so as I don't embarrass myself. Although I have been indirectly involved in both the "quote of the day" and the "post of the week", both in the same day, so that should be worth something. Furthermore, I have learned that you can't comment on posted material without reading or watching first. This is quite a revelation for me! Thanks again to Meta for detecting my deficiencies.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:02 pm

Markwes wrote:Bman, apparently I am offending some of our fellow Board members by responding to your posts. Far be it for me to ruin a perfectly fine forum, so I'll try to abstain. Feel free to post at will while I eagerly await some more useful tips from your guardian Meta, so as I don't embarrass myself. Although I have been indirectly involved in both the "quote of the day" and the "post of the week", both in the same day, so that should be worth something. Furthermore, I have learned that you can't comment on posted material without reading or watching first. This is quite a revelation for me! Thanks again to Meta for detecting my deficiencies.

You need a pad for your munt?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:02 pm

Markwes wrote:Bman, apparently I am offending some of our fellow Board members by responding to your posts. Far be it for me to ruin a perfectly fine forum, so I'll try to abstain. Feel free to post at will while I eagerly await some more useful tips from your guardian Meta, so as I don't embarrass myself. Although I have been indirectly involved in both the "quote of the day" and the "post of the week", both in the same day, so that should be worth something. Furthermore, I have learned that you can't comment on posted material without reading or watching first. This is quite a revelation for me! Thanks again to Meta for detecting my deficiencies.
lol!
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:05 pm

meta4 wrote:
Is that one of your tips?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:12 pm

Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Is that one of your tips?

Nay, I figure if you're seriously into this remora-like (troll) behavior whereby you post flippant responses to thoughtful posts in an attempt to disrespect the poster, I'll call you out on it.

I just didn't expect you to whine so much! Maybe you need a pad and a Midol!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:45 pm

meta4 wrote:Nay, I figure if you're seriously into this remora-like (troll) behavior whereby you post flippant responses to thoughtful posts in an attempt to disrespect the poster, I'll call you out on it.

You're just a hoot. "Calling you out" - if that's what you want to call it, whatever. Who was I disrespecting? You? Bman? How come I have the same type of responses to Floridafun but you never "call me out" on those? I think Bman should be insulted that you think he needs someone to defend him.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:53 pm

Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:Nay, I figure if you're seriously into this remora-like (troll) behavior whereby you post flippant responses to thoughtful posts in an attempt to disrespect the poster, I'll call you out on it.

You're just a hoot. "Calling you out" - if that's what you want to call it, whatever. Who was I disrespecting? You? Bman? How come I have the same type of responses to Floridafun but you never "call me out" on those? I think Bman should be insulted that you think he needs someone to defend him.

Thank you. I believe you have assumed incorrectly I was "defending" Bman. Why do you want to characterize my motives as defensive? I would call them instigation. Whatever feeds your ego more I suppose... Rolling Eyes

I just want you to know that Bman is not the only one on this board who can be annoying some times. If you've been paying attention, I have spoken up when I thought Bman was overly harsh with his words before. He's corrected me by reminding me that he's a big boy... and to feck off. Smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:26 pm

meta4 wrote:Thank you. I believe you have assumed incorrectly I was "defending" Bman. Why do you want to characterize my motives as defensive? I would call them instigation. Whatever feeds your ego more I suppose... Rolling Eyes

I just want you to know that Bman is not the only one on this board who can be annoying some times. If you've been paying attention, I have spoken up when I thought Bman was overly harsh with his words before. He's corrected me by reminding me that he's a big boy... and to feck off. Smile
You kind of lost me on that ego feeding line, but anyway...

Thanks for admitting that you can be annoying. Let me give an analogy to maybe better understand where I'm coming from. Did you ever know any gossipy types? Or had a job where one employee was made the scapegoat for everything? I have. It was a factory that basically reconditioned old compressed gas cylinders and so there were different stations where a particular step was done and then moved on to the next. I would see one person get blamed pretty much every time there was a production issue. After awhile I wanted to say "shut up and leave him alone", but didn't want to become the scapegoat, so I had to tread that water carefully. That's similar to hearing the same excrement from the left day after day about Bush, McCain, Palin, or whoever. Oh, did they fabricate something at the Convention? Did they unfairly question the patriotism of the Dems? And yada, yada, yada. There is nothing thought-provoking about it. And that's my story.

And remember, if I'm whining too much then you must be whining too much about my whining.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:31 pm

Markwes wrote:

First, I never got the vibe that Meta was defending me. You sound like a little kid Markwes. How about a nap for you? When you get up from that nap get up from the other side of the bed ok?

You rail on me about posting my Obama stuff and shit, but it is ok for some idiots on here to accuse Obama of being an muslim, or a terrorist. It is ok for many of you to say Obama only has a speech, only can say the word change but when I call McCain and Palin out I am going way over board. Well, I say if you are going to dish it then you get to take it. I get plenty of shit on this board so I simply respond in kind. if you don't like my posts then don't read my post, no skin off my back.

Thanks Meta for your responses ... they were spot on, kind of like the prime rib at Henry's. Tangenting my post ... lol
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:37 pm

Interesting. Who here has accused Obama of being a Muslim or a terrorist?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:14 pm

A 5 minute video we ALL need to watch - Page 2 Doe.6253.preview
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:56 pm

Markwes wrote:Interesting. Who here has accused Obama of being a Muslim or a terrorist?
I'll own up to it and say I posted something a few days ago that asked if he was a Muslim. I was only kidding. Plain and simple.

At that point in that particular thread it seemed like a little bit of humor was needed. Maybe I was wrong. Perhaps I should have added a laughing icon. But I can be an equal opportunity candidate accuser, like saying in the post about it being 100 years since the Cubs won a World Series and listing some of the events that had happened, and saying that John McCain was doing well in the 4th grade and was 10 years old.

And it was in the same vein as when during a religious discussion a while back, someone just out of the blue asked if Mary was Holy (don't get me started). Just done to break some of the tension.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:40 am

its nice when we can all give our opinions without hurting an other's feelings thanks all for that
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:23 am

Oliver's Army wrote:A 5 minute video we ALL need to watch - Page 2 Doe.6253.preview

LOCK

LOAD

AIM

FIRE!!!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2