The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama Infomercial

5 posters

Go down

Obama Infomercial Empty Obama Infomercial

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:32 am

I liked the Obama Infomercial last night, but they could have spiced it up at the end by saying, "Buy wait...there's more! This is my scalpel, look at it take on the federal budget. It slices. It dices. And it can still cut this tomato immediately after that. Vote now." Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Obama Infomercial Empty Re: Obama Infomercial

Post  LTRT Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:40 am

Shouldn't have this gone in the "Totally pointless post" thread. Twisted Evil
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:44 am

LTRT wrote:Shouldn't have this gone in the "Totally pointless post" thread. Twisted Evil

Yea they asked a McCain advisor last night for his comments and he was trying to bust the Obama campaigns chops for this Infomerical and then the concluded the interview by asking him if he and McCain would like to have a half hour tonight? He responded ... yea they would.

I thought the Infomerical was excellent ... laid out his vision for America and let America know EXACTLY the type of person he is.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:48 am

LTRT wrote:Shouldn't have this gone in the "Totally pointless post" thread. Twisted Evil

Don't be knockin my TPP thread. silent
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:50 am

Bman wrote:

Yea they asked a McCain advisor last night for his comments and he was trying to bust the Obama campaigns chops for this Infomerical and then the concluded the interview by asking him if he and McCain would like to have a half hour tonight? He responded ... yea they would.

I thought the Infomerical was excellent ... laid out his vision for America and let America know EXACTLY the type of person he is.

Sorry, I couldn't find the same article on CNN or MSNBC. Smile

AP FACT CHECK: Obama Ad Avoids Budget Realities
The Associated Press takes a look at the details in Obama's prime-time ad
http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/29/ap-fact-check-obama-ad-avoids-budget-realities/
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:53 am

Joe The Plumber's question must have been left on the editing floor. Will that be on the "deleted scenes" of the DVD?
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:59 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Joe The Plumber's question must have been left on the editing floor. Will that be on the "deleted scenes" of the DVD?

His question or his lies? LOL
Maybe Joe the Plumber should utilize the services of the US mail and post a cheque for the taxes he owes...
Now imagine if he really does start up a business, he would be screwing the gov't for taxes even more and then people like you would have to take up his slack.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:13 am

Canuck wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Joe The Plumber's question must have been left on the editing floor. Will that be on the "deleted scenes" of the DVD?

His question or his lies? LOL
Maybe Joe the Plumber should utilize the services of the US mail and post a cheque for the taxes he owes...
Now imagine if he really does start up a business, he would be screwing the gov't for taxes even more and then people like you would have to take up his slack.
I just find it fascinating that somebody asks one simple question, and gov't agencies start dumpster diving into the guy's past looking for anything to discredit him. Kind of glad I keep my mouth shut (though I have nothing to hide).
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:21 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
I just find it fascinating that somebody asks one simple question, and gov't agencies start dumpster diving into the guy's past looking for anything to discredit him. Kind of glad I keep my mouth shut (though I have nothing to hide).

Are you really surprised by that? That's what politics is, discredit, discredit, discredit.

Now, I have to get Magnum to come spy on you Cincy...

I seem to remember a post about you and some politician's daughter.... lol!
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:35 am

Canuck wrote:I seem to remember a post about you and some politician's daughter.... lol!
Funny you should mention that. We only dated twice and it ended amicably... Smile
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:24 am

i enjoyed the "infomercial". every time he does a big speaking engagement his numbers bump up,

liked even more his interview with rachel maddow, gave alot of good info on how he thinks and how he sees alot of americas issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJLcb1jcwKE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOS0XaBvvxE

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27464980/
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:21 am

I also found this video quite informative too...

Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:26 am

The infomercial just seemed like overkill to me. Are candidates required to use all their donated campaign money? I'm just asking because if he's all about helping average Joe Sixpack then how about giving some of that away?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:29 am

Markwes wrote:The infomercial just seemed like overkill to me. Are candidates required to use all their donated campaign money? I'm just asking because if he's all about helping average Joe Sixpack then how about giving some of that away?

We donated that money to the campaign to drown the republicans with ... 33.5M viewers watched the Infomercial, it was a raving success.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:31 am

Markwes wrote:The infomercial just seemed like overkill to me. Are candidates required to use all their donated campaign money? I'm just asking because if he's all about helping average Joe Sixpack then how about giving some of that away?
I don't know if they are or not, but I don't blame Obama for getting out his message as much as possible. I'm sure he would hate to lose the election and have $20 Million left in the 'war chest' that he thought he really didn't need b/c he thought he had the election in the bag.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:48 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:I also found this video quite informative too...

?? so in this totally edited vid he is apologetic for being late for numerous things (reason unknown--known is that numerous hearings/presentations can be going on at once--known is at least he showed up and expressed his opinion)..but he has read the transcripts on the topics and is aware of what has been said mostly?? and what all was cut out? this is about as reliable/truthy as the many other highly edited vids hoping to portray him in a bad light. did this come in an email forward from ONE MORE REASON NOT TO TRUST OBAMA?. the ones with the whole conversation seem much more reliable to me. is this supposed to make him look bad? he must be an elitist because he has manners lol!
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:52 am

He must've done tremendous things since this show seeing as Matthews is in love with him now.

LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:55 am

I'll give him kudos for having manners to be apologetic. Obama Infomercial 795451
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:58 am

That guy was obviously not a good representative of the Obama camp. Has he been heard from since?
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:53 pm

Ya know... something has been bugging me lately.

If Obama is lected and people's faith in him begins to dwindle, will he be as effective a candidate as I think he should be? Can he accomplish his plans successfully without a (unknown amount of) "critical mass" of unity?

These are things that don't keep me up at night but are starting to rustle around in the back of my mind.

I knew this would happen, second thoughts.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:25 pm

meta4 wrote:If Obama is lected and people's faith in him begins to dwindle, will he be as effective a candidate as I think he should be? Can he accomplish his plans successfully without a (unknown amount of) "critical mass" of unity?

If he can't get his plans pass a reasonable amount of skepticism, then they probably shouldn't be passed. Too much unity is asking for a lot of trouble, IMHO. Luckily, I will be here with plenty of cynicism to keep up the good fight! Twisted Evil
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:59 pm

meta4 wrote:Ya know... something has been bugging me lately.

If Obama is lected and people's faith in him begins to dwindle, will he be as effective a candidate as I think he should be? Can he accomplish his plans successfully without a (unknown amount of) "critical mass" of unity?

These are things that don't keep me up at night but are starting to rustle around in the back of my mind.

I knew this would happen, second thoughts.

Meta does it rustle around in the back your head that if McCain is elected and does not accomplish as much as you thought he should if you voted for him (second thoughts) does that give you third thoughts right now?

Chris Matthews says he hopes Obama wins and the Dems have a filibuster proof majority in the Senate then he (Matthews) said that the Dems have no excuse and if they don't accomplish a ton in 2 or 4 years then throw they ALL (dems) out.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down