The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Craigslist prank

3 posters

Go down

Craigslist prank Empty Craigslist prank

Post  Markwes Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:44 am

"Two hoax ads on Craigslist cost a Jacksonville man thousands of dollars in property Saturday and could land the pranksters in jail on theft and burglary charges."

http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080323/NEWS/803230338

Okay, I realize there are stupid people who believe everything they see on the internet is true, but if someone stops you and says he's the owner and didn't authorize anyone to take his stuff, wouldn't you decide you better stop and verify it's been approved? "I've got this here Craigslist printout so I have the right to grab everything I can. Duh." - morons.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Craigslist prank Empty Re: Craigslist prank

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:59 am

Wow! What a horrible experience! (Note to self, don't tell any enemies when I go on vacation)
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:07 pm

How bizarre and creepy. In context though, IF I had participated and was one of 30 people there at the same time and somebody stopped me leaving... I'd assume it was someone trying to get the ladders from me. The scary thing is that because it was a scam it seems so unbelievable and naive but it really isn't that unusual. I have seen several situations that were very similar... elderly death and the family opening the estate up to friends and neighbors ... Farms that open up the fields prior to plowing them under... I even used to donate stuff to a free thrift store... yep free! people in need could take what they needed.

If I got there and I was the only person and someone stopped me leaving and said that I was stealing his stuff, I'd be more apt to reconsider and realize it was a scam.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:14 pm

anyone have doe's address?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:22 pm

I love the rationale.. it was on the internet, so it must be true.

I would have decked the guys that I saw running off with my stuff after they told me it was on the internet. Hopefully he gets it all back, if not, I hope they prosecute every single person who stole and wouldn't give it back.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:31 pm

Vis wrote:How bizarre and creepy. In context though, IF I had participated and was one of 30 people there at the same time and somebody stopped me leaving... I'd assume it was someone trying to get the ladders from me. The scary thing is that because it was a scam it seems so unbelievable and naive but it really isn't that unusual. I have seen several situations that were very similar... elderly death and the family opening the estate up to friends and neighbors ... Farms that open up the fields prior to plowing them under... I even used to donate stuff to a free thrift store... yep free! people in need could take what they needed.

If I got there and I was the only person and someone stopped me leaving and said that I was stealing his stuff, I'd be more apt to reconsider and realize it was a scam.
I can understand giving things away for free, but I certainly would not even think about going onto someone's property and taking stuff without talking to the owner first, regardless of what other people are doing. If I was ever in a situation where I was ready to get rid of stuff for free, I surely wouldn't do it by inviting the general public. Whoever posted these ads is lucky someone didn't get shot or they could be in even more serious trouble.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Craigslist prank Empty Baby For Sale

Post  LTRT Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:47 pm

Sad....hope they catch these sick individuals.

Baby For Sale On Craigslist
http://www.local6.com/spotlight/15709367/detail.html
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:10 am

Cruel Craigslist Hoaxers Busted
Burgling Oregon couple's ad triggered ransacking of victim's home
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2008/0401081horse1.html
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:55 am

he... well... i'll give them credit for being creative in trying to cover their tracks.. just not very bright.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:03 am

Conceal and carry permit should take care of people taking your stuff when you find them in your yard.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:05 am

LTRT2 wrote:Baby For Sale On Craigslist
http://www.local6.com/spotlight/15709367/detail.html

lulz. That's pretty funny. Probably a joke. Not that hard to set up anonymously.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down