The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tata buys Jaguar and Land Rover from Ford

5 posters

Go down

Tata buys Jaguar and Land Rover from Ford Empty Tata buys Jaguar and Land Rover from Ford

Post  Markwes Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:50 am

I say things are going great for the Big 3 (who are quickly becoming the Insignificant 3).

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080326/ap_on_bi_ge/ford_jaguar
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Tata buys Jaguar and Land Rover from Ford Empty Re: Tata buys Jaguar and Land Rover from Ford

Post  Guest Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:41 pm

It's about time. The rumours have been flying for at least a year. Ford is trying to get rid of most of their foreign product lines. Jag, Range, and even Volvo.

If the Big 3 would actually consider building a car I would buy the next time around, they might not lose my business to a foreign competitor.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Tata buys Jaguar and Land Rover from Ford Empty Re: Tata buys Jaguar and Land Rover from Ford

Post  Guest Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:33 pm

no doubt.. I thought this deal was done months ago.

The Big 3 are sucking wind... GM is the only one actively marketing their non-gas only vehicles, good luck finding them on a lot though.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:10 pm

The one GM car I like, the Saturn Astra, isn't even a GM really. It was an Opel first.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:18 pm

Has anyone heard of the new Smart?

www.smartusa.com

I think they look cool, but the reviews I've read laugh at it's lack of power on the interstate.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:28 pm

meta4 wrote:Has anyone heard of the new Smart?

www.smartusa.com

I think they look cool, but the reviews I've read laugh at it's lack of power on the interstate.

I posted about this on the old board during your absence. Look OK, but I would never own one.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:31 pm

Overpriced for what you get. Better off buying an entry level Hyundai.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:49 pm

I posted about this on the old board during your absence. Look OK, but I would never own one.

I think they're cute but expensive, underpowered, and they lack what I'd expect *superb* gas efficiency... well... at least for the 'sub(sub)compact' class. I heard that they are owned by the guy that started SWATCH watches.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  rksgrl Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:53 pm

We went to a wine fest and they had the smart car there. I personally would feel cramped in a car like that. I am 5'7. Because we were at a wine fest and the purpose of the fest was to taste wine they wouldn't do test drives. Which I understand, and applaud, but why even offer it. We thought it was strange that it was even there. They also couldn't tell us which dealership would offer it.
rksgrl
rksgrl
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:01 pm

rks, was that a wine tasting in the Fort? Was it downtown?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:26 pm

meta4 wrote:rks, was that a wine tasting in the Fort? Was it downtown?

RKS now lives in a "real" city ... Columbus Ohio! Go Bucks!!!! O H I O
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:27 pm

I would like to see the first few new owner cars roll off the line so I could say "Nice TaTa's"

Yeah, i'm childish like that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  rksgrl Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:01 pm

The wine fest was in Columbus. Although, there is an awesome winery up near Angola called Satek Winery that does tastings. We go at least once a summer when we are at "the lake"

But if you are up for a road trip this summer's wine fest is July 11-13 at the North Market in Downtown Columbus.
rksgrl
rksgrl
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:05 pm

rksgrl wrote:The wine fest was in Columbus. Although, there is an awesome winery up near Angola called Satek Winery that does tastings. We go at least once a summer when we are at "the lake"

But if you are up for a road trip this summer's wine fest is July 11-13 at the North Market in Downtown Columbus.

What lake? I know someone from Columbus that comes up to my lake, Crooked Lake, a couple times per year.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:20 pm

I didn't see anything about the miles per gal in that SmartCar site do anyone? affraid

I would hate to get hit in a car like that pale
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:56 pm

I like the Chevy Volt... looks fun.

or this.. http://www.teslamotors.com/ can't say that price tag is too appealing though.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  rksgrl Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:07 am

IrishGuy wrote:
rksgrl wrote:The wine fest was in Columbus. Although, there is an awesome winery up near Angola called Satek Winery that does tastings. We go at least once a summer when we are at "the lake"

What lake? I know someone from Columbus that comes up to my lake, Crooked Lake, a couple times per year.

We go up to Lime Lake. So not too far from you:)
rksgrl
rksgrl
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:02 am

Isn't lime hooked to Gage?

I used to have a cottage on Gage, nice lake very clear water ,spring fed I believe affraid
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:05 am

Mort wrote:Isn't lime hooked to Gage?

I used to have a cottage on Gage, nice lake very clear water ,spring fed I believe affraid

Sure is. Crooked Lake drains into Gage, and Lime Lake is attached to Gage.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:27 am

Were just north of you guys on Pleasant Lake... north or George...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:08 am

I grew up on James/Jimmerson. I think almost all those lakes are connected in some way. Marsh feeds to Otter feeds to Snow feeds to James feeds to Jimmerson which leads to a damn and a stream that goes somewhere.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:03 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:I like the Chevy Volt... looks fun.

or this.. http://www.teslamotors.com/ can't say that price tag is too appealing though.

It seems that even at this price point the technology as room to become more affordable for the average American. I can't say that it would be too appealing to have to stop for 4 hours in the middle of the trip to recharge batteries. The performance of the tesla car is very exciting as well!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down