The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

to use or not to use...torture

4 posters

Go down

to use or not to use...torture Empty to use or not to use...torture

Post  floridafun Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:34 pm

this cornyn is really trying but some just dont buy his thoughts...me being one who jusy cant think as he does..i am looking forward to having holder in office

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csTjpXD2LH8&NR=1
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

to use or not to use...torture Empty Re: to use or not to use...torture

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:15 pm

Nice to see they got a reference to Jack Bauer and "24" in there at the end. cheers

That said, I hate it when people claim they like to protect our country but then tie the hands of those who can get information out of somebody, all because they don't want to offend the scum's rights. What about my rights to not get blown up in a mall or on a plane?

I'm hungry for some sausage...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:44 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Nice to see they got a reference to Jack Bauer and "24" in there at the end. cheers

That said, I hate it when people claim they like to protect our country but then tie the hands of those who can get information out of somebody, all because they don't want to offend the scum's rights. What about my rights to not get blown up in a mall or on a plane?

Then be prepared to have the same view when your son goes off to war and is tortured because the great US of A made torture ok for civilized nations to use.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:55 pm

Bman wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Nice to see they got a reference to Jack Bauer and "24" in there at the end. cheers

Then be prepared to have the same view when your son goes off to war and is tortured because the great US of A made torture ok for civilized nations to use.
Whatever...all I'm saying is sometimes you have to get your hands dirty if you want to protect innocent human life. That's the problem with a lot of people...they want their freedom and security, but God forbid we take somebody out for a little White Water Adventure.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:05 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:...they want their freedom and security, but God forbid we take somebody out for a little White Water Adventure.

then offer them a latte afterwards. Twisted Evil
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:30 pm

Bman wrote:
Yep Bman. All we have to do is announce to the world that we have stopped all torture in military prisons and then all the countries who hate us will surely do the same. Strange that they still use the practice of beheadings even though we don't do that. They must not have gotten the memo.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:45 pm

Markwes wrote:
Bman wrote:
Yep Bman. All we have to do is announce to the world that we have stopped all torture in military prisons and then all the countries who hate us will surely do the same. Strange that they still use the practice of beheadings even though we don't do that. They must not have gotten the memo.

I said civilized nations ... do you really want to compete with terrorists for having the "best" interrogation techniques? Really? I think America is better than those scum bags. We have set a precedence that if we really get pissed at you that we think we are above the law.

Obama and Eric Holder will END torture.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:03 pm

Bman wrote:
Markwes wrote:
Bman wrote:

I said civilized nations ... do you really want to compete with terrorists for having the "best" interrogation techniques? Really? I think America is better than those scum bags. We have set a precedence that if we really get pissed at you that we think we are above the law.

I don't consider the terrorists as living in civilized nations. Let me turn your question around. Would you be okay with your son's unit being attacked because the prisoner we captured didn't tell us it was going to happen?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:07 pm

Bman wrote:Obama and Eric Holder will END torture.

Hey there, toss that crystal ball over here. affraid
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:19 pm

Bman wrote:Then be prepared to have the same view when your son goes off to war and is tortured because the great US of A made torture ok for civilized nations to use.

Gotta concur with this statement. Fortunately, Bush will soon be out of office and hopefully America's tainted image can be restored around the world. Or we can all hope at least.

Yes, some foreign terrorist groups don't follow the Geneva Conventions. Does that mean we should stoop to their level? Should be lower our standards to be nothing better than the terrorists?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:47 pm

holder makes perfect sense..you dont get truth or facts thru torture. commonly known...except by the remnants of the neocon community. cornyn and his imaginary scenario is just proof he is a solid member in that community..uses extreme unrealistic fear factor hype to try to convince folks is absolutely correct. he was certainly a star pupil in cheney/rummy brainwashing camp.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:03 am

Markwes wrote:
Bman wrote:
Markwes wrote:
Bman wrote:

I don't consider the terrorists as living in civilized nations. Let me turn your question around. Would you be okay with your son's unit being attacked because the prisoner we captured didn't tell us it was going to happen?

right..terrorists dont live in civilized countries...

germany and england havent had any homegrown terrorism issues in recent years. and of course the usa hasnt..well except a few...

Timothy McVeigh is the right wing Christian who bombed the FBI Building in Oklahoma City.
Ted Kaczynski - The Unabomber
Clayton Waagner - Anti Abortion Terrorism
Eric Rudolph anti-abortion terrorist, pleaded guilty for bombing the Atlanta Olympics in 1996
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:23 am

[quote="Cincy Fan 44" Whatever...all I'm saying is sometimes you have to get your hands dirty if you want to protect innocent human life. That's the problem with a lot of people...they want their freedom and security, but God forbid we take somebody out for a little White Water Adventure.[/quote]

it sounds to me like some, not just you, are pro-torture whether done to our children or by our children, and its fine that its done based on misinformation obtained from people who will say literally anything to stop the torture they are experiencing.

considering america called the same behavior when used against us war crimes, it just seems to me a skewered mentality that says do what i say, not what i do..or you are a criminal altho i am just being patriotic.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:19 am

Here's another angle of thought...of course Obama and Holder are going to come out and say they will end torture and waterboarding, etc...because it makes them look good. But I suspect that when the cards are played and they have no other options to protecting innocent human life from an imminent threat, they'll resort to whatever means are necessary (finger snip, water adventure, bone breakage, etc.) to get the information they need to protect us. YES THEY CAN!!!

Oh, except abortion, they'll still let that innocent human life die. to use or not to use...torture 810511
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:00 pm

floridafun wrote:right..terrorists dont live in civilized countries...

germany and england havent had any homegrown terrorism issues in recent years. and of course the usa hasnt..well except a few...

Timothy McVeigh is the right wing Christian who bombed the FBI Building in Oklahoma City.
Ted Kaczynski - The Unabomber
Clayton Waagner - Anti Abortion Terrorism
Eric Rudolph anti-abortion terrorist, pleaded guilty for bombing the Atlanta Olympics in 1996
And if any of those you mentioned were part of a team that carried out murders, I would be all for using whatever means necessary to prevent further lives taken. By the way, I know you like to emphasize the murderers who are anti-abortion and "right wing Christian", but I think if you look back in history, most serial killers do not fit that profile. And while Timothy McVeigh was raised a Christian, according to Wikipedia he described himself as a Libertarian and claimed to be agnostic.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:49 pm

i didnt seek any reference to religion.

you really dont get that some people will not resort to torture period.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:01 am

floridafun wrote:i didnt seek any reference to religion.

you really dont get that some people will not resort to torture period.
Ha. This board can be torture sometimes. to use or not to use...torture 231335
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:34 pm

floridafun
floridafun