The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

birth of octuplets

+4
IrishGuy
floridafun
Cincy Fan 44
iberlingirl
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

birth of octuplets Empty birth of octuplets

Post  iberlingirl Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:17 pm

News conference at California hospital on birth of octuplets
Watch Now: Live on CNN.com

"Holy Freakin' Moly"
affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down

birth of octuplets Empty Re: birth of octuplets

Post  Guest Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:21 pm

Forgive us mother earth. Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:08 am

People need to lay off those reproduction pills...

Hope they're rich so we the taxpayers don't have to pay for all their damn kids.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:34 am

Now it kind of makes Jon & Kate look like amateurs... affraid
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:05 am

Jugomugo wrote:People need to lay off those reproduction pills...

Hope they're rich so we the taxpayers don't have to pay for all their damn kids.

i absolutely agree about laying off the reproduction pills jugo! they should use the fertility clinic bucks instead to learn why they cant feel like a whole person if they arent gifted with the ability to reproduce.

uhh i do think the guv does monthly payments to multiple birth families..i will have to look it up but believe i have seen info about it in the past. that should be cut out imho.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:41 am

This is a pretty amazing story. I watched it on the news this morning. I have to say, if this ever happens to my wife, I might jump off a bridge. Cincy, you have twins plus 2?? I don't know how you do it. Of course, right now my wife works 2nd shift so I am home with my daughter by myself 4 nights per week. It's cool, but it does get stressful after a while.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:06 am

IrishGuy wrote:Cincy, you have twins plus 2?? I don't know how you do it. Of course, right now my wife works 2nd shift so I am home with my daughter by myself 4 nights per week. It's cool, but it does get stressful after a while.
You're correct. The twins are in the middle of the other two (and BTW they were all-natural -- no fertility drugs needed). My wife is a saint, that's pretty much how "I" do it. She's a stay-at-home mom and I honestly don't know how she has kept her sanity. It gets a little easier as they get to around 3-4 years old and develop that "independentness."
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:49 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
IrishGuy wrote:It's cool, but it does get stressful after a while.
It gets a little easier as they get to around 3-4 years old and develop that "independentness."

Yep, 3 of my own at 8, 5, and 4. It does get easier and we're thankful for all the help we get. Nobody's jumped off anything or killed anyone so that's good! Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:02 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/01/30/mother.octuplets/index.html

Now we find out the woman already had 6 kids. I heard on the news this morning that she lives with her parents in a fairly small house. There's something odd about all this.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:41 pm

Heck that makes amish families seem small.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:41 am

hmmmm...her first 6 children range from 2 to 7. something aint right about this woman.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090131/ap_on_re_us/octuplets

However, the children's grandmother, Angela Suleman, told The Associated Press her daughter resorted to in vitro fertilization because "her fallopian tubes are plugged up" and she had trouble conceiving.

She said her daughter, who is unmarried, conceived all her children that way and has been obsessed with having children since she was a teenager.

Fourteen grandchildren later, Angela Suleman expects her daughter is finished with fertility treatment.

"It's over now," she said. "It has to be. It can't go on any longer. She's got six children and no husband. I was brought up the traditional way. I firmly believe in marriage. But she didn't want to get married. So she got the in vitro."

The mother of the octuplets lives with her parents in a modest, single-story home on a quiet cul-de-sac in Whittier, a Los Angeles suburb of about 85,000. Children's bicycles, a pink car and a wagon were scattered in the yard and driveway.

Court records show Angela Suleman filed for bankruptcy last March, but after she failed to make required payments and appear at a creditors' meeting, the case was dismissed. She reported liabilities of $981,371, mostly money owed on two houses she owns in Whittier.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  iberlingirl Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:57 am

The more I read about this story, the more upsetting it is to me.
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  iberlingirl Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:06 pm

Are you kidding me!?!?!

Octuplets’ mother wants Oprah to turn her into a $2m TV star

HERE

She apparently holds herself to be a PARENTING EXPERT now and wants to give advice (FOR PROFIT) to other parents! What a fucking JOKE!!!!!!
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:11 pm

pathetic! and she calls herself a "professional student". hmmm
i just cant see oprah doing much to help this gal..maybe offer to pay for counseling! i cant believe there were no medically ethical red flags raised when she was implanted with the last few of the other six! poor kids.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:14 pm

in the link posted, dont most of the hospital personel look a bit uneasy being there Embarassed
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:55 am

this woman is stupid I can't believe this shit affraid
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:17 am

Just another blight on the American taxpayer... *sigh*

Who says eugenics is a bad thing?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:41 pm

Curry Gets Octoplet Mom Exclusive
http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/nbc/curry_gets_octoplet_mom_exclusive_107907.asp

NBC's Ann Curry has gotten the first interview with Nadya Suleman, the woman who gave birth to octuplets last week.

We're told the interview has just wrapped up in California. Insiders would not tell us where, exactly, or if the babies are included in the interview. An air date is not yet known. But the interview will appear on the Today show and on Dateline.

Looks like NBC is going to help her get her houses back.

I'll be sure not to watch.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:12 pm

the only thought that pops here is Does she think that by doing this she will be famous and rich? What a Face
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:46 pm

i read today nbc said they are definately not paying her. the babies are still in the hospital and will be for a while. but there are the first 6, probably would like to have some mommy time seeing as it will be extremely limited going forward Suspect . i wont bother watching her.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  iberlingirl Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:57 am

she is probably thinking that if she gives a lil snippet to Curry (for free) others will get hooked on the media gossip mull and the $$$ will start rolling in. I will not watch her for sure, whether she is getting paid or not.
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:44 am

She is not getting a wink out of me Shocked
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:55 am

according to kevin leininger from the news sentinel, this is the fault of roe v wade. unbelieveable!!! i sometimes agree with him and often dont, but this really makes no sense to me. just goes to show how far off kilter someone can get in their desperation to support their anti-legal abortion cause--their hunger to be able to control personal choice those other than their own self opt to make. dont want an abortion? then dont get one. when there is no need for a foster care system or orphanages because the pro-illegal abortionists are caring for all those kids then bring up the topic again. him and ann coulter are apparently like 2 peas in a pod.

http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090207/NEWS/902070336/0/FRONTPAGE

But consider the irony of punishing the creation of too much life when no less than the new president of the United States openly advocates laws making it easier for women to end life in their wombs.

Such legal and cultural incoherence, frankly, is an inevitable byproduct of the erosion of social norms epitomized by the Supreme Court's Roe v. Wade decision, the 1973 case that outlawed most state prohibitions on abortion by virtue of a previously unnoticed constitutional right to a woman's reproductive privacy.

But if men had no say in whether their unborn children died, why not allow a single, unemployed woman to give birth to 14 children whose only concept of “dad” will be as a sperm donor?

In fact, why not celebrate such a woman as fiercely and bravely independent, struggling to raise a family against all odds?
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:38 pm

floridafun wrote:according to kevin leininger from the news sentinel, this is the fault of roe v wade. unbelieveable!!! i sometimes agree with him and often dont, but this really makes no sense to me. just goes to show how far off kilter someone can get in their desperation to support their anti-legal abortion cause--their hunger to be able to control personal choice those other than their own self opt to make. dont want an abortion? then dont get one. when there is no need for a foster care system or orphanages because the pro-illegal abortionists are caring for all those kids then bring up the topic again. him and ann coulter are apparently like 2 peas in a pod.
Oh FF, if you don't want a baby, don't have unprotected sex. There's the CHOICE right there. I've said it before and I'll say it again...it's really NO BIG SECRET what can happen if two people have unprotected sex. If the contraceptive doesn't work, well hey, that's the chance you take. Those things aren't 100% and people should live (and love!) with the consequences.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:00 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
floridafun wrote:according to kevin leininger from the news sentinel, this is the fault of roe v wade. unbelieveable!!! i sometimes agree with him and often dont, but this really makes no sense to me. just goes to show how far off kilter someone can get in their desperation to support their anti-legal abortion cause--their hunger to be able to control personal choice those other than their own self opt to make. dont want an abortion? then dont get one. when there is no need for a foster care system or orphanages because the pro-illegal abortionists are caring for all those kids then bring up the topic again. him and ann coulter are apparently like 2 peas in a pod.
Oh FF, if you don't want a baby, don't have unprotected sex. There's the CHOICE right there. I've said it before and I'll say it again...it's really NO BIG SECRET what can happen if two people have unprotected sex. If the contraceptive doesn't work, well hey, that's the chance you take. Those things aren't 100% and people should live (and love!) with the consequences.
If FF is going to keep bringing up how we should all be for personal choice as long as we are not caring for all the kids that weren't aborted, then I assume she supports infanticide. After all, how many infants has she taken in because a mother decided she didn't want it after giving birth but didn't have a choice to kill it? And as long as she is going to refer to it as pro-illegal abortion, I guess it's my right to call her position pro-baby-murder.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next